• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1978

recently on another board a woman made a statement that she loves everybody.

I made a statement that I cannot make such a claim and that she must be a better woman than I because of it.

My question is: how honest are we being when we say that we love everybody? Is the love lost on those who can't claim they love everybody?

Jesus commanded that we love all people...this does not mean however, that we like them or what they do...but we must love them...and act towards them with Godly Compassion and out of a heart of Charity towards all mankind...this does not mean we must like them or what they do...we should only hate or dislike what they do and the sin nature of their lives, but yes we are to love all people as God loves them ! :thumbsup:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

do you know how many times I thought that my intentions and thoughts were pure until the Lord showed me they were not? we lie to ourselves continually and don't even realize it....how can you be sure that the love you show for others, especially the ones you don't know, are pure and without motive?

Shalom Jackie,

Please, read the Scriptures I posted, they will help you. If the L-rd showed you that your intentions were not pure, then He will help you make them pure. When HE shows you something wrong in your life, ask HIM to change it, and then walk in it.

I encourage you to walk in the love and allow the L-rd to change your heart, rather than not walk in it and micro-analyze it. G-d can use a moving ship more than one who is dry-docked. :blink: Try walking out His love and asking Him to make your motives pure. He will.

I made a statement that I cannot make such a claim and that she must be a better woman than I because of it.

My question is: how honest are we being when we say that we love everybody? Is the love lost on those who can't claim they love everybody?

Jesus commanded that we love all people...this does not mean however, that we like them or what they do...but we must love them...and act towards them with Godly Compassion and out of a heart of Charity towards all mankind...this does not mean we must like them or what they do...we should only hate or dislike what they do and the sin nature of their lives, but yes we are to love all people as God loves them ! :blink:

Shalom Mikeyjay,

AMEN!! :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

do you know how many times I thought that my intentions and thoughts were pure until the Lord showed me they were not? we lie to ourselves continually and don't even realize it....how can you be sure that the love you show for others, especially the ones you don't know, are pure and without motive?

Shalom Jackie,

Please, read the Scriptures I posted, they will help you. If the L-rd showed you that your intentions were not pure, then He will help you make them pure. When HE shows you something wrong in your life, ask HIM to change it, and then walk in it.

I encourage you to walk in the love and allow the L-rd to change your heart, rather than not walk in it and micro-analyze it. G-d can use a moving ship more than one who is dry-docked. :blink: Try walking out His love and asking Him to make your motives pure. He will.

well Vickilynn, I wasn't micro-analyzing anything but that's okay I get it and had it before I started the thread.

blessings

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I think before we can say we love or don't love anyone, we need a working definition of love. I mean, what does she mean when she uses that word?

I agree with Shiloh.

(In my opinion) Everyone has a different definition of what love is.

The same with people's idea of God's love.

I'd have to say - how many people are there in this world who only see God's love as showering you with money, cars, and whatever you want? I can't count the number, big or small, but there are some people who see it this way.

Love is not something you just say like "Oh, I love such-and-such, blah blah", and you can't "buy" love. Love is a lot more than just materialistic things, it's something you have...something...special, I guess. Like my love for God for example. I don't just love God because of what He does for me, I love God because He loves me, and because I have faith in Him even when I cannot see him. I've met a couple of people on forums who said "Oh, I love you because you are so nice!" etc and then became oddly nasty, even mean, to me. This may or may not be the case for many people, but you also have to factor in the internet. It is an anonymous community, so, you can act, say, and be whoever you like.

Well, hope that helps a bit :blink:. lol

~Near~

• Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Jesus commanded that we love all people...this does not mean however, that we like them or what they do...but we must love them...and act towards them with Godly Compassion and out of a heart of Charity towards all mankind...this does not mean we must like them or what they do...we should only hate or dislike what they do and the sin nature of their lives, but yes we are to love all people as God loves them ! :blink:

What Scriptural basis would you use to say that we are commanded to love everybody?

What Scriptural basis would you use to say that we are commanded to love everybody?

Shalom David,

Please go back to post #5 in this thread, I posted several Scriptural commands to love everyone with the love of Jesus.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

well I for one would like to hear a real life and honest answer to my first questions (not disregarding anyone's posts thus far)....again the questions are: how honest are we being when we say that we love everybody? Is the love lost on those who can't claim they love everybody?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Shalom David,

Please go back to post #5 in this thread, I posted several Scriptural commands to love everyone with the love of Jesus.

The Scripture you quoted all deal with love inside the community of faith. Meaning there exist a relationship among those the command is given.

well I for one would like to hear a real life and honest answer to my first questions (not disregarding anyone's posts thus far)....again the questions are: how honest are we being when we say that we love everybody? Is the love lost on those who can't claim they love everybody?

Shalom Jackie,

The "we" you only know is YOU. No one can know another's heart except G-d.

You cannot judge this gal's statement or mine. You can only answer for your own motives and leave the rest to G-d.

I can say honestly before the L-rd, I love everyone with the Love of Jesus. If you can't honestly say that, then ask Him to change your heart. It's not that complicated. There is no "love lost" on anyone if they are willing to do it G-d's way.