jackie d

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

What I meant is, the love of Jesus Christ is not clearly being shown, right now. Maybe some need to take a step back. Even God, who is love, demonstrates his love for us every day.

When you love someone, you show it by respect, "mutual submission" as WSB was talking about. Maybe we need to start praying for love of the other posters before we post our replies.

"Lord, set a guard over my mouth, and give me a love for other's here so I can clearly demonstrate YOUR love for everyone."

Shalom Bib,

And yet, Jesus showed His love in many ways, not always warm fuzzies. :whistling:

When He said to Peter, "Get thee behind me satan" was He loving Peter? Yes. Perhaps an onlooker might think Jesus could have demonstrated it better, but again, G-d judges the heart.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I often have cried over the love that is lacking at times. For instance;

When Jesus would say "SIN NO MORE" it was not only the words but the love, compassion and forgiveness that emanated from Him as these words were used which was so evident that the power behind those three words was Life changing. I want that!!!

Also Jesus corrects those He Loves and yet trying to accept this into lives seems difficult for some christians. patricia1

Guest Biblicist

That's true, it's not always warm fuzzies, but he also didn't mince words or mix up and mis-represent other's words either. That's something Satan does.

I see that a lot around Worthy. Words being twisted to mean something that the OP didn't mean. That's not love. You and I both know that it is very frustrating to have our words twisted and used against us. I'm sure there are many other's here who have experienced the same thing.

When Jesus Christ spoke to someone, like Peter, he knew their heart, and understood the meaning of their words, better than the person saying them. Saddly, some[most]times we have to guess. Then we get into arguments. Come now, let us reason together.

:whistling:

You are right Bibs.. it is better for someone to ask for further meaning or express lack of understanding instead of assumeing what is not true.

For example: I finally got what you and vickilyn was saying in that thread. I am sure you know which one. There have been a few times that happens yet I will ask.

The devil hates when there is a good thing going and will do whatever he can to break up harmony here.

Some think they know love and come out like sounding brass. They need Love still to give it away.

Guest Biblicist
You are right Bibs.. it is better for someone to ask for further meaning or express lack of understanding instead of assumeing what is not true.

For example: I finally got what you and vickilyn was saying in that thread. I am sure you know which one. There have been a few times that happens yet I will ask.

The devil hates when there is a good thing going and will do whatever he can to break up harmony here.

Some think they know love and come out like sounding brass. They need Love still to give it away.

It does no good to ask for someone's explination if you do not accept it though. Loving someone and showing them love are not the same. I can say I have love but if I do not demonstrate it, how will people know?

I'm not sure which thread you are refering to though. I'm involved in quite a few at the moment. :thumbsup:

Squabbles are inevitable, we are siblings after all :whistling: ...but as Christians we should forgive as quickly as we get upset. Maybe more-so.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

okay this has gone on far enough. I have been trying to say something and I have been misunderstood and instead of trying to patiently work through it I have lost my patience. It is difficult to come in and just start talking to people who I don't know and who don't know me. And whether people would like to admit or even will admit that they have been less than kind and patient with me does not matter anymore. I simply want this to stop, please.

so I apologize from the bottom of my heart and ask all of you to forgive my frustration at simply trying to be heard, understood and spoken to in a manner that I can understand. I will do my best to hold my tongue when it comes to this and would ask that I receive the same respect and consideration. Please don't go off on me for what I just said. But a point has been made that respect is important. It is not only important for you all it is important to me as well. I am more than willing to concede and publicly apologize and would appreciate civility and to not be treated as a child or someone who has less intelligence than the rest when we are discussing things.

thank you all and God bless

the one about the pastor stepping down. I was answering accordding to forgiveness but you guys were discussing a particulsr scriptural command.

Now I see that if someone refuses to believe in what is being said then they should leave that post and go find another one unless they can express their views and opinion in love.

Love shows action and you are right. Can bitter waters and sweet water flow from the same spout...HNH>>>HNH unless I am having a rough day one will see it in my posts attitude...

Guest Biblicist

I know this has been quoted already but I think it bears repeating. Jackie, you said if you saw someone that needed help, like an accident, you would help, because your emotions would spurn you into action. What if it was someone who had done you harm? How well would your emotions serve you in that instance?

Love, the love that only comes from God, hangs a Son on a cross for people who despise and reject and abuse you.

Luke 6

27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic.

30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.

31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

32 "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them.

33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that.

34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full.

35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

I know this has been quoted already but I think it bears repeating. Jackie, you said if you saw someone that needed help, like an accident, you would help, because your emotions would spurn you into action. What if it was someone who had done you harm? How well would your emotions serve you in that instance?

Love, the love that only comes from God, hangs a Son on a cross for people who despise and reject and abuse you.

Luke 6

27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic.

30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.

31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

32 "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them.

33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that.

34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full.

35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

you are absolutely right Biblicist, I will make a better effort at not being so feeling and emotional...

Guest Biblicist

Sweetheart,

There is nothing wrong with being or feeling emotional. It's the way God created women. We are emotional creatures. [sorry gentlemen :laugh: ] But there are times when God's commandments need to override our feelings.

Times when we don't "feel" like loving. We need to pray for love. We have it in us, because God is in us and God IS love. We just have to call upon Him and let Him love through us.

I heard it explained this way. "I woke up today and didn't feel like God loved me". Does that mean that He does not, just because I don't feel lovd by Him? NO. Our feelings should not define what we know to be true. God loves us, even when we don't feel loved, or lovable. It's constant. We can rest in it and trust it.

Sometimes I think He blesses us more when we do something He wants/commands us to when we don't feel like it. Or maybe it just feels that way! :P