IGNORED

Denominations

antiaging

Guest shiloh357
1 Corinthians 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

1 Corinthians 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

1 Corinthians 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;

1 Corinthians 1:15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.

Comparison:

There seems to be contentions among the denominations.

Now this I say, that every one of you says, I am of Martin Luther (Lutheran); and I of John Calvin (Presbyterian); and I of John Wesley (Methodist); and I of Christ.

Is Christ devided? Was Martin Luther crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Luther?

I think you should be able to see what I am trying to say here. The scriptures seem to show that denominationalism is not correct.

The above passage really doesn't apply to "demoniations." What Paul was confronting was division and strife within a single congregation, not between mulitple groups or congregations.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
If there is no real division, then why is there so much time spent explaining one form another?
I don't as much division as a I see diversity. Unity is not the absence of diversity or differing opinions.

What some people classify as "unity" is really nothing but conformity of thought. Everyone has to conform to ONE point of view, whether they really believe it or not. That is not unity. In what I have seen being passed for "unity," it ususally amounts to everyone being expected to surrender their freedom to think for themselves and submit one point of view, but who wants to do the surrendering?

Unity is the ability to work together in a genuine spirit of goodwill in spite of differences.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

If there is no real division, then why is there so much time spent explaining one form another? Like I said, it is much easier to sit back and accept this then it is to correct it.

OneLight

Shalom Alan,

And how would you correct it? Would have us all worship the same?

What of the ones who believe Saturday is right?

What of the ones who believe Sunday is right?What of the ones who believe women should be pastors and the ones who don't?

There is nothing to "correct" unless you want everyone to be clones. :)

We are all different and there is nothing wrong in expressing that difference in our worship.

And also we have differences of convictions.

Paul said in Romans 14 that we should simply allow grace. Instead of insisting we all be the same (which is not Biblical nor realistic) GRACE is needed to love one another even with our differences.

We are one Body (in Messiah), but we are different parts. We are not all the legs or the arms. :emot-fail:

You laugh Vickilynn and your laughter is sad. You ask me what I would do to correct this? I ask why do you think I ever could? Obedience to the scriptures is each persons responsibility.

You bring up Romans 14, let's take a look at it.

Romans 14

The Law of Liberty

1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. 3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4 Who are you to judge another

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

If there is no real division, then why is there so much time spent explaining one form another?
I don't as much division as a I see diversity. Unity is not the absence of diversity or differing opinions.

What some people classify as "unity" is really nothing but conformity of thought. Everyone has to conform to ONE point of view, whether they really believe it or not. That is not unity. In what I have seen being passed for "unity," it ususally amounts to everyone being expected to surrender their freedom to think for themselves and submit one point of view, but who wants to do the surrendering?

Unity is the ability to work together in a genuine spirit of goodwill in spite of differences.

Shalom.

I said the same thing a few posts back!! :emot-fail:

There is nothing wrong with gathering WITHIN the Body in groups where one feels that the Scriptures are walked out accurately. That should not cause "division" but rather DIVERSITY. Look at it that way. :24:

We are different parts of the Body and there is nothing wrong with worshiping in our diversity as long as we all are worshiping Jesus the Messiah and in Spirit and in Truth. :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

You laugh Vickilynn and your laughter is sad.

Shalom Alan,

Oh, give me a break! :emot-fail: You don't believe in smiling? :24: I'm sorry you can't enjoy discussions and enjoy interacting with people, but I do. You are the one who is sad! I made a funny visual of people as arms and legs and thought it was worthy of a laugh. So sue me for enjoying life. :24:

You ask me what I would do to correct this? I ask why do you think I ever could?

DUH! Because YOU said THIS:

Like I said, it is much easier to sit back and accept this then it is to correct it.

So, I naturally asked YOU what YOU would do to correct and you got your knickers all in a knot. Sheesh dude!, lighten up! C'mon! :24:

Obedience to the scriptures is each persons responsibility.

Ahhh yup. That's what I say all the time. Good call! :)

You bring up Romans 14, let's take a look at it.

Okey doke. Let's/

<snip>

Paul is talking about what they eat, except for the day they esteem higher. He is not, in any way, talking about different doctrines and beliefs. You have twisted this scripture to support the division of the Body of Christ.

Now THAT"S funny Alan. I haven't "twisted" anything. I am talking about the underlying spiritual lesson here which is the REAL lesson. Do you think that Paul was only talking about food and days? No, he was preaching GRACE and not judging your brother for honoring G-d differently than yourself. I'm sorry that you find that offensive, but it is the truth.

Here is the Biblical proof you say does not exist. I support my stance starting with 1 Corinthians 1:10-14.

You are confusing DIVERSITY with DIVISION.

Paul tells us that we should all speak the same thing, that there be no division, that we are perfectly joined together in the same mind and judgment. How can this be if every denomination has different beliefs?

Because we are unified in Jesus, our L-rd. Diversity is wonderful and YOU even prove my point with what you posted below. Unity in Diversity! Amen. We are NOT all the same, look at these Scriptures you posted, they preach it! And we are not all SUPPOSED to be the same, look at what you posted! We are not to be clones, but to be diverse and work together for the same cause, albeit in different ways.

The Scriptures YOU posted support my position so beautifully.

1 Corinthians 12

Spiritual Gifts: Unity in Diversity

1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be ignorant: 2 You know that you were Gentiles, carried away to these dumb idols, however you were led. 3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Unity and Diversity in One Body

12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Shiloh, you need to get off these boards and get into the pulpit. I swear, you would make an awesome pastor! Now get going! :noidea:

I didn't reply for awhile because I needed to watch threads to see if what you said carries weight. For some, they do, but for others, they do not. Diversity opens a door for one to try and understand the difference. Division opens the door for one to debate over the matter that is different, often trying to prove another wrong. What do you see when you read the more "challenging" threads where one should see the difference, as you put it, in diversity. I see division. Why else would there be statements that try to prove them wrong? Those who are being "proven" wrong have claimed to of accepted Christ as their Savior in the correct light, making them of a different belief, or denomination, at which you have called their beliefs "diverse". The beliefs that they are bringing forth are from their denominations, are they not?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

So, I naturally asked YOU what YOU would do to correct and you got your knickers all in a knot. Sheesh dude!, lighten up! C'mon! :noidea:

:blink: I love it!!

I didn't reply for awhile because I needed to watch threads to see if what you said carries weight. For some, they do, but for others, they do not. Diversity opens a door for one to try and understand the difference. Division opens the door for one to debate over the matter that is different, often trying to prove another wrong. What do you see when you read the more "challenging" threads where one should see the difference, as you put it, in diversity. I see division. Why else would there be statements that try to prove them wrong? Those who are being "proven" wrong have claimed to of accepted Christ as their Savior in the correct light, making them of a different belief, or denomination, at which you have called their beliefs "diverse". The beliefs that they are bringing forth are from their denominations, are they not?

Shameless bump to see if I can get an answer ...