• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

Confused as to what specific point you're attempting to make, here...you've pretty much just re-stated the post that you quoted...could you clarify at all, if possible?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

1 Corinthians 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

1 Corinthians 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

1 Corinthians 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;

1 Corinthians 1:15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.

Comparison:

There seems to be contentions among the denominations.

Now this I say, that every one of you says, I am of Martin Luther (Lutheran); and I of John Calvin (Presbyterian); and I of John Wesley (Methodist); and I of Christ.

Is Christ devided? Was Martin Luther crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Luther?

I think you should be able to see what I am trying to say here. The scriptures seem to show that denominationalism is not correct.

You Got that Right! God never intended for us to have any denomination at all because they are a satanic method of separating or fracturing the body of Christ into little pieces. And indeed to day most of these denominations have now seriously compromised there integrity by excepting or sanctioning the gay life style, to mention just one example. This makes the body of Christ one that has crippled body parts that need to be healed or cut off. For those that say that Christ is soon coming back, they should take a good look at what they are saying Christ is coming back to get because He is not coming back for a crippled, decaying body that stinks to high heaven. Until these diseased body parts are healed or cut off from the body Christ will not be returning for us.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/13/1934

1 Corinthians 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

1 Corinthians 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

1 Corinthians 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;

Comparison:

Now this I say, that every one of you says, I am of Martin Luther (Lutheran); and I of John Calvin (Presbyterian); and I of John Wesley (Methodist); and I of Christ.

Is Christ devided? Was Martin Luther crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Luther?

I think you should be able to see what I am trying to say here. The scriptures seem to show that denominationalism is not correct.

You Got that Right! God never intended for us to have any denomination at all because they are a satanic method of separating or fracturing the body of Christ into little pieces. And indeed to day most of these denominations have now seriously compromised there integrity by excepting or sanctioning the gay life style, to mention just one example. This makes the body of Christ one that has crippled body parts that need to be healed or cut off. For those that say that Christ is soon coming back, they should take a good look at what they are saying Christ is coming back to get because He is not coming back for a crippled, decaying body that stinks to high heaven. Until these diseased body parts are healed or cut off from the body Christ will not be returning for us.

This is excatly why, in the last days, there will be a great falling away of "Christians" from the Body of Christ. God will do the pruning, it's all there in Revelation, so that His Son will be able to return for a spotless and holy Bride, His Body. Jesus gives a glimpse of this in Mark 13:19-22;

For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be. And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days. And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not: For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

The times of deception by Satan are going to expand until the very elect (read mature Born-Again believer) themselves stand to be fooled by Satan if our Lord had not shortened the time of deception.

Denominations, in my opinion, are definitely NOT what God desires for the Body of His Son left here on earth. However, such is the natural nature of man that denominations will exist until the end times. Rest assured, the denominations and their doctrines that do not line up with God's Word will be the first to be destroyed when the end-time pruning takes place. That is why we need to follow Paul's admonition to Timothy and begin to study God's Word diligently, being led by the Holy Spirit more than by our denominational leaders. It is time for the Body of Christ to take their maturation within the Body very seriously and begin the process of growing up in Jesus, not just trying to be a "better" denominational man.The task is set before us Christians, If we will not take God seriously when He instructs us to "grow from Glory to Glory", how can we expect Him to take us seriously when He starts pruning His Son's Body in preparation for His Son's glorious return?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

How much of denominational preference is just a love of tradition? Many can't tell you the body of defining beliefs that make up their denominations statement of faith. The last church I served was made up of the whole spectrum of denominational backgrounds. I don't see the devisive spirit I just see ignorance among the laymen as to what they belong to in theory. One person saw the difference in posture. Some kneel, some jump, some are quiet, some are loud, some just do it all.

Comparison:

Is Christ divided? Was Martin Luther crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Luther?

I think you should be able to see what I am trying to say here. The scriptures seem to show that denominational ism is not correct.

This is exactly why, in the last days, there will be a great falling away of "Christians" from the Body of Christ. God will do the pruning, it's all there in Revelation, so that His Son will be able to return for a spotless and holy Bride, His Body. Jesus gives a glimpse of this in Mark 13:19-22;

For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be. And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elects sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days. And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not: For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

The times of deception by Satan are going to expand until the very elect (read mature Born-Again believer) themselves stand to be fooled by Satan if our Lord had not shortened the time of deception.

Denominations, in my opinion, are definitely NOT what God desires for the Body of His Son left here on earth. However, such is the natural nature of man that denominations will exist until the end times. Rest assured, the denominations and their doctrines that do not line up with God's Word will be the first to be destroyed when the end-time pruning takes place. That is why we need to follow Paul's admonition to Timothy and begin to study God's Word diligently, being led by the Holy Spirit more than by our denominational leaders. It is time for the Body of Christ to take their maturation within the Body very seriously and begin the process of growing up in Jesus, not just trying to be a "better" denominational man.The task is set before us Christians, If we will not take God seriously when He instructs us to "grow from Glory to Glory", how can we expect Him to take us seriously when He starts pruning His Son's Body in preparation for His Son's glorious return?

Get me excited! 1 Peter 4:17-19 "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God and if it first begin at us, (believers) what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to Him in well doing as unto a faithful Creator".

There is a day coming when the true believers will be considered rebels and outcasts by those who once sat next to us in church.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

These past posts are exactly what God has put on my heart concerning the coming days! The time is arriving when those who have called us their brother or sister will look upon us in a different way. They will view us as not helping to bring the whole world into peace by following the New World Church's beliefs. These will be those who have been tossed to and fro by deceiving doctrines being created today. They will point to how they have all come together in the name of God and sneer at us for not following, as they virtually tear pages out of the bible that they have chosen to ignore, perhaps even disregarding entire books, in the name of peace and love. Blinded!

Back to denominations ...

What I have been saying about denominations centers around those who follow their doctrines instead of following all of Gods word. They have not compared their doctrines to His words to see if anything has been added to or left out. Instead, they have blindly taken them at face value. My heart goes out to these people who blindly follow these doctrines of man, thinking all along that they believing in the full truth that Jesus spoke. We need to pray for, and seek out, those who Jesus has placed in our hearts, teaching them the truth about their errors. This is how the wound will start to heal.

How the denominations started in my eyes ...

From about 300 AD to around 1546 AD, when Martin Luther pinned the 95 Theses to the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, Satan had his way in the church of Rome. In the name of Christianity, Satan was able to create a covering over Christianity that blocked the Son from being known and understood. By making it a law of the church that the believers were to follow every word of the Pope, and that nobody could understand the bible except the Pope, the believers were not to question the Pope or be excommunicated from the church, which meant that they would burn in a fiery hell, even to the point as to be "burnt at a stake" in plain view of the whole community as an example. Within two weeks, the theses had spread throughout Germany; within two months throughout Europe. Luther, trying to bring the word of God to every "common" person, unknowingly started the Protestant Reformation. As man started to have their eyes opened, other languages of the bible became available to the known world. At that time, the world was much larger, measured by the time it took to travel, then it is today. This created a belief system each country held as true, but not being able to gather to seek the oneness of the Body, as Christ instructed us to have, different denominations sprang up. Here we find the beginnings of what we now have as todays denominations. Understandable back then, but correctable today. It is up to this Body today to bring us back together in unity, or one accord. Instead of becoming united and in one accord, we have become separated and complacent.

Let's finish what Luther started ...

When Luther exposed the rule of Satan within the church, he in fact, ripped the covering off and brought the word to everyone once again. At that time, they did not believe that the Holy Spirit was still active as in the first church, leaving the new church to the wisdom and understanding of man. It wasn't until about 150 years later that the first recorded Holy Spirit Revival started a movement in France, as I understand it. Today, as Christ draws us back to Him, we have realized that the Holy Spirit IS in fact sill the center of our teachings and leadings, and has opened our eyes once again, except for those who still follow these old doctrines of the churches started after the reformation period, denying the Power of His Spirit today. We need to follow His leading as the time grows near and the harvest is ready, bring truth to those who we are lead to, breaking their bondage before they are swept away into the New World Church!

* the above link is to a quick read on Martin Luther at Wikipedia.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/31/1966

someday denominations will come to an end and there will only be the Bride....New Jerusalem

we should start brushing up on our hebrew so Yeshua will be able to understand us :thumbsup:

It therefore makes one wonder which denomination will be left in a good standing before the Throne, because the whole idea of denominationalism is they are all different in some way either big or small. They can't all be right can they? Take a look at your own faith and compare it with say, a Jehovah's Witness. Nice polite people who knock on doors with their magazines and books. What difference is there between your faith and their's? Is it a crack or a chasm? Will there ever be neutral ground between denominations? Will Catholic and Protestant ever get on or will they just continue as they have always done.

Who will stand before the Throne of God?

P.S. Don't bother brushing up on Hebrew, for if God could confuse language He can easily unite it again.

Edited by woden

These past posts are exactly what God has put on my heart concerning the coming days! The time is arriving when those who have called us their brother or sister will look upon us in a different way. They will view us as not helping to bring the whole world into peace by following the New World Church's beliefs. These will be those who have been tossed to and fro by deceiving doctrines being created today. They will point to how they have all come together in the name of God and sneer at us for not following, as they virtually tear pages out of the bible that they have chosen to ignore, perhaps even disregarding entire books, in the name of peace and love. Blinded!

Back to denominations ...

What I have been saying about denominations centers around those who follow their doctrines instead of following all of Gods word. They have not compared their doctrines to His words to see if anything has been added to or left out. Instead, they have blindly taken them at face value. My heart goes out to these people who blindly follow these doctrines of man, thinking all along that they believing in the full truth that Jesus spoke. We need to pray for, and seek out, those who Jesus has placed in our hearts, teaching them the truth about their errors. This is how the wound will start to heal.

How the denominations started in my eyes ...

From about 300 AD to around 1546 AD, when Martin Luther pinned the 95 Theses to the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, Satan had his way in the church of Rome. In the name of Christianity, Satan was able to create a covering over Christianity that blocked the Son from being known and understood. By making it a law of the church that the believers were to follow every word of the Pope, and that nobody could understand the bible except the Pope, the believers were not to question the Pope or be excommunicated from the church, which meant that they would burn in a fiery hell, even to the point as to be "burnt at a stake" in plain view of the whole community as an example. Within two weeks, the theses had spread throughout Germany; within two months throughout Europe. Luther, trying to bring the word of God to every "common" person, unknowingly started the Protestant Reformation. As man started to have their eyes opened, other languages of the bible became available to the known world. At that time, the world was much larger, measured by the time it took to travel, then it is today. This created a belief system each country held as true, but not being able to gather to seek the oneness of the Body, as Christ instructed us to have, different denominations sprang up. Here we find the beginnings of what we now have as todays denominations. Understandable back then, but correctable today. It is up to this Body today to bring us back together in unity, or one accord. Instead of becoming united and in one accord, we have become separated and complacent.

Let's finish what Luther started ...

When Luther exposed the rule of Satan within the church, he in fact, ripped the covering off and brought the word to everyone once again. At that time, they did not believe that the Holy Spirit was still active as in the first church, leaving the new church to the wisdom and understanding of man. It wasn't until about 150 years later that the first recorded Holy Spirit Revival started a movement in France, as I understand it. Today, as Christ draws us back to Him, we have realized that the Holy Spirit IS in fact sill the center of our teachings and leadings, and has opened our eyes once again, except for those who still follow these old doctrines of the churches started after the reformation period, denying the Power of His Spirit today. We need to follow His leading as the time grows near and the harvest is ready, bring truth to those who we are lead to, breaking their bondage before they are swept away into the New World Church!

* the above link is to a quick read on Martin Luther at Wikipedia.

I agree. If men like Martin Luthor, John Calvin and Charles Spurgen knew what has become of their church. They would be ashamed.

The work of Martin Luthor will be completed. Because that is part of the plan of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I don't want to be a fly in the ointment here, but John Calvin, Charles Spurgen and Martin Luther would not even be in the same denomination as they all radically disagreed on some basic doctrines within Christianity, it is doubtful that any of them would have taken communion together as they disagreed about what communion is.

I don't want to be a fly in the ointment here, but John Calvin, Charles Spurgen and Martin Luther would not even be in the same denomination as they all radically disagreed on some basic doctrines within Christianity, it is doubtful that any of them would have taken communion together as they disagreed about what communion is.

That is true but communion is only a small part the bigger picture here. They all spoke out against the compromising of the church's integrity with regards to pagan ritual, false deities and beliefs within the church. They all had a positive and profound effect on the future course of the church and are considered great men because of their efforts to keep the church on a more straight and narrow path. All of their efforts and ministries were blessed by God and in line with the word of God.

Luther for example spoke out against what he saw as corruption in the church but never spoke out against the pope because at that time the pope was the leader of the church. But at the same time what he did was cause many to rethink their position with the church and look more closely at the word of God. All of these men envisioned a far more pure and uncorrupted church then what we have to day. Both Charles Spurgen and John Calvin also spoke out against the pagan rituals connected with Christmas, Easter and other forms of false worship including the fact that these things were not biblically sanctioned.