• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

People throw this phrase around alot. Often, you know the person well and know that there life is not condusive to hearing from God, because they are out of fellowship with Him. But, no doubt God does speak to His children. My question is how do you know that you have heard from God? How can you discern your thoughts from His? How can you for sure know that it is not just your desire to have God bless your plans? How do you not know that you are not being deceived by Satan into believing it is God speaking? Do people attatch God's blessings to their announcements to sound spiritual and confident? Countless people accept "a word of knowledge" from others as a word from God. How can they discern these instances if they are misled?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

God's word is always accompanied with total peace. satan's never is. if there is any lingering doubt, any confusion, any hesitation, it's simply not from God.

that word of knowledge you mentioned... at women's camp this year, we had a very well known guest speaker who actually did speak a word of knowledge over each woman attending. i was utterly amazed at all these women who were just gobbling up what she had to say. but not all of us. there were a few who didn't hang on the speaker's every word, and i was one who didn't. and again, why? because when she spoke it, all i felt was confusion, doubt, and anything BUT peace. and i wasn't the only person who came away feeling that way.... i actually watched another woman's face, and thought she was gonna haul off and slap the speaker for being a fraud. and i kinda wish she had.

it's ok, i got up in church the following sunday to tell about how camp moved me, and i made sure to mention right in front of everyone that i didn't think our speaker was entirely speaking on God's behalf.

i don't know. in all the spiritual gifts tests i've ever taken, discernment of spirits was always in the top two, neck and neck with wisdom (ok quit laughing!!). maybe it just comes natural to me. i honestly have often wondered how so many other women seemed to have fallen hook, line and sinker for that nonsense that was spoken over them that day.

Guest Biblicist

simple... :)

A Word from God better align with God's Holy Word [scriptures], if it doesn't, then it wasn't a Word from God to begin with.

Satan was good at using Words from God, but he twisted it. Jesus knew how to defeat the enemy, by using Scripture. Adam and Eve, not so much.

Psalm 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart

that I might not sin against you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with you LadyC. Since God is involved in individual lives, I believe that He speaks to different people in different ways. His voice is often the still small one that, if we're not listening closely, we won't even hear. He wants us close to Him. He speaks clearly but not generally loudly. Like LadyC said, His voice will always bring comfort, peace, direction, etc. God has spoken words of knowledge through me and it's always something specific to that person and something that I couldn't know on my own.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

God speaks to me when I'm reading His word, and the words jump off the page, and my heart jumps out of my chest to meet them, and I understand it in a way that I hadn't before even though I'd read that same passage several times, and I suddenly feel warm all over, and I know it in my knower that God and I connected.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56

God speaks to me when I'm reading His word, and the words jump off the page, and my heart jumps out of my chest to meet them, and I understand it in a way that I hadn't before even though I'd read that same passage several times, and I suddenly feel warm all over, and I know it in my knower that God and I connected.

Excellent, Trav. God will never contradict His written word when He speaks to us

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

Absolutely. God's Word is, afterall, His speaking. :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.75

:)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

:thumbsup:

I think one needs to be very careful when they say that feelings is the determiner if God or satan is speaking.

Feelings are the number one place that Satan works with....remember Eve.

Satan will not make us feel bad he will make us feel good, he is the great impostor,he comes as an angel of light.

Thru the Bible God has spoken in Christ so completly revealing Himself, that there is nothing further to say.........In Christ.. God has spoken with complete clarity, there are no differing degrees like in the days of old.

The word of God in our Bible is our discerner of truth in all things.....Jesus said to injest His word, when we take in the word....we take in the spirit of truth.........so then when we hear something that is not truth.......we know it is a lie.....for we have tasted the spirit of truth.

Ash.......

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

The Lord has spoken to me on several occasions in my life.

All I can tell you is, I knew it was Him.