• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1950

i predict hillary clinton will be our next president with obama as vice president. jim

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

i predict hillary clinton will be our next president with obama as vice president. jim

Nah, with Pelosi as Speaker of the House...that would blow the doors off completely of a succession of caucasian white males for 230 years wouldn't it? :emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK, this thread has degraded into elementary school tit-for-tat behavior.

Can we please go back to having a mature discussion?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

My prediction the final ticket will be Obama/Edwards & McCain/Gulliano...Then won't we be in a mess...no choices...Oh yeah, this maybe Ralph Nader's year to make a bigger splash.

I can see Obama and Edwards, but in order for McCain to reach the Christian Conservatives, I think he will need Huckabee.

I have not read all the posts, but Edwards is dropping out, but there is speculation that he will not back either candidate. Maybe he doesn't want to shoot himself in the foot?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

What choices it looks like we're gonna have.

I'm not impressed with any of it yet...and that goes for both sides...although to be truthful ONE side does bother me more than the other....

I just keep praying.........

I've heard Lieberman (sp?) may be a choice for VP :mgfrog::20: Hubby read that one in the Grand Rapids Press...anyone else hear that little tid-bit?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Take a look at what a compromise Government has done for Israel. There is no Leadership and at a time of crises there was no decision making process that made any sense. There was just compromise and with ones desperate enemies as well. The War last year showed a lack of Judgement on their leaders part.

That's what we have here, McCain compromises with the Conservatives core beliefs in every area. Some like to say that the Neo-Cons like him because he is strong on the War on terror. However he is not, he opposes supposed torture when there is not other remedy and lives are on the line. He opposes jailing enemy combatants.

There is also this dangerous idea that only he can defeat the Dems. However there is a strong undercurrent among the core of the party that they will stay home.

Thus the Dems will win and this is precisely why you see Progressives and Liberals so for McCain. They know that both Hillary and Obama will make mincemeat out of him.

There is a very good article out today about McCain not being a true Conservative and what kind of appointments he would make to the Supreme Court. It is written by Robert Novak. I will try to find it later today and post the link. The reason that the Progressives and Liberal love McCain and are scared to death of Romney is because McCain is one of them and Romney represents the moral absolutes that they fear the most.

I personally do not like Romney either because of his Mormonism. I just find it very strange that the Progressives and Liberals hate him and are scared to death of him. It makes one wonder and go HMMMMM. :rolleyes:

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Here's that article from Robert Novak. :laugh:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...3003212_pf.html

Quote The Washington Post;

Is McCain a Conservative?

By Robert D. Novak

Thursday, January 31, 2008; A21

As John McCain neared his momentous primary election victory in Florida after a ferocious campaign questioning his conservative credentials, right-wingers buzzed over word that he had privately suggested that Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito was too conservative. In response, McCain said he recalled saying no such thing and added that Alito was a "magnificent" choice. In fact, multiple sources confirm that the senator made negative comments about Alito nine months ago.

McCain, as the "straight talk" candidate, says things off the cuff that he sometimes cannot remember exactly later. Elements of the Republican Party's right wing, uncomfortable with McCain as their prospective presidential nominee, brought the Alito comments to the surface long after the fact for two contrasting reasons. One was a desperate effort to keep McCain from winning in Florida. The other was to get the party's potential nominee on record about key issues before he is nominated.

Those key issues do not include McCain's firmly held nonconservative positions on campaign finance reform and global warming. Rather, conservatives among the second group want two assurances: first, that McCain would veto any tax increase passed by a Democratic Congress; second, that he would not emulate Gerald R. Ford and George H.W. Bush in naming liberal Supreme Court justices such as John Paul Stevens and David Souter.

That was the background for conservative John Fund's Wall Street Journal online column the day before Florida voted. Fund wrote that McCain "has told conservatives he would be happy to appoint the likes of Chief Justice Roberts to the Supreme Court. But he indicated he might draw the line on a Samuel Alito because 'he wore his conservatism on his sleeve.' " In a conference call with bloggers that day, McCain said, "I don't recall a conversation where I would have said that." He was "astonished" by the Alito quote, he said, and he repeatedly says at town meetings, "We're going to have justices like Roberts and Alito."

I found what McCain could not remember: a private, informal chat with conservative Republican lawyers shortly after he announced his candidacy in April 2007. I talked to two lawyers who were present whom I have known for years and who have never misled me. One is neutral in the presidential race, and the other recently endorsed Mitt Romney. Both said they were not Fund's source, and neither knew I was talking to the other. They gave me nearly identical accounts, as follows:

"Wouldn't it be great if you get a chance to name somebody like Roberts and Alito?" one lawyer commented. McCain replied, "Well, certainly Roberts." Jaws were described as dropping. My sources cannot remember exactly what McCain said next, but their recollection is that he described Alito as too conservative.

Meanwhile, anti-tax activist Grover Norquist is worried because a prominent journalist informed him that a few years ago McCain said to him, off the record, that as president he would have to raise taxes. More recently McCain has told me, on the record, that he would never support a tax increase and, consequently, favors making the Bush tax cuts permanent.

Norquist and McCain have a stormy relationship. As chairman of the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs, McCain in 2005 subpoenaed records of Norquist's dealings with now-imprisoned Republican lobbyist Jack Abramoff. Denying wrongdoing, Norquist said that McCain held a grudge against him because he campaigned against the senator's 2000 presidential bid. Norquist told me that he has no animus toward McCain and only wants assurances that McCain opposes higher taxes.

According to exit polls, voters calling themselves "very conservative" supported Romney in Florida by two to one, and McCain still won in a state described as a microcosm of America. McCain survived a scathing conservative talk-radio assault led by Rush Limbaugh. Romney's appeal to the right on immigration backfired, triggering Sen. Mel Martinez's endorsement of McCain and a five-to-one margin for him in the Cuban community.

McCain as the Republican nominee would need those "very conservative" voters. He will encounter some of them at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington Feb. 7-9. His campaign asked yesterday for McCain to be able to speak there after rejecting an invitation to last year's meeting. At CPAC, he might well consider providing "straight talk" about Samuel Alito and promising to veto any tax increase passed by a Democratic Congress.

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

There is also this dangerous idea that only he can defeat the Dems. However there is a strong undercurrent among the core of the party that they will stay home.

Thus the Dems will win and this is precisely why you see Progressives and Liberals so for McCain. They know that both Hillary and Obama will make mincemeat out of him.

:noidea: Thank-you for stating this.

I personally do not like Romney either because of his Mormonism. I just find it very strange that the Progressives and Liberals hate him and are scared to death of him. It makes one wonder and go HMMMMM. :thumbsup:

Hmm . . . good point.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

What to do??? ... :noidea: ... what to do???

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The reporter of the dutch evening news said it was not important, because it wouldn't be valid somehow; next tuesday will be important, he said.