• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

One thing that puzzles me greatly, is that when whales beach themselves, why are the evolutionists not there preventing the environmentalists from putting the whales back into the water. After all, the whales are trying to become human. :ph34r:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

I think he was kidding. But if he wasn't, or maybe even if he was, he was wrong on at least four levels.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

One thing that puzzles me greatly, is that when whales beach themselves, why are the evolutionists not there preventing the environmentalists from putting the whales back into the water. After all, the whales are trying to become human. :wub:

Your post assumes that humans are somehow evolutionarily "better" than whales. Learn some science. Such an assumption is not a part of evolutionary theory.

He was joking. Don't take this so seriously that you loose your sense of humor. By the way telling someone to "learn some.." is bad manners on the internet. IN fact it is not too polite any where. Please be civil

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

One thing that puzzles me greatly, is that when whales beach themselves, why are the evolutionists not there preventing the environmentalists from putting the whales back into the water. After all, the whales are trying to become human. :emot-hug:

Your post assumes that humans are somehow evolutionarily "better" than whales. Learn some science. Such an assumption is not a part of evolutionary theory.

Hey! Are you dissing humans now? :wub::emot-hug::emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

Still waiting for a reply to posts 42 & 43, artsylady.

Btw, Jukia, I agree with EricH. You weaken your/our position by simply telling someone to learn some science. It is far more effective (and polite) to instead tell them in what specific ways they are wrong.

:emot-hug::wub::emot-hug::emot-hug:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Still waiting for a reply to posts 42 & 43, artsylady.

Btw, Jukia, I agree with EricH. You weaken your/our position by simply telling someone to learn some science. It is far more effective (and polite) to instead tell them in what specific ways they are wrong.

Sorry, but often the creationists who post on this and other boards are sooooo off the track that I feel it a better response to suggest they actually do attempt to "learn some science". There are often posts with misinformation/distortions/fabrications in every other sentence. Would simply take too much time to parse it all out for specific suggestions.

Would you ike to "learn some Jesus" while you are here? :emot-handshake:

t.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

artsylady

Language cannot, or rather, has not, been explained through evolution, given the evidence above, true or false?

Given the evidence sited above, it would seem that language had to have been with humans from the beginning, true or false?

Language has very little to do with evolution as it is not written in our genetic code, it is something we learn in youth. Look up linguistics, not evolution, if you want to know about the history of language.

Hey -

I'm not following your train of thought here.

True, language has to be learned, but what of the ability to speak - to have "thoughts", to put those "thoughts" into distinct sounds that can be interpreted by another person to as clear thoughts, concepts and structures?

And did the ability come before the production of sounds to connect with "thoughts" that others would understand? How did that work?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

How about green eyes with a mom who has brown eyes and a father who has blue? I am the only child in my family with green eyes for two generations prior that I know of and no one afterwards not even my daughter whose father had brown eyes...so what gives?

• Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

How about green eyes with a mom who has brown eyes and a father who has blue? I am the only child in my family with green eyes for two generations prior that I know of and no one afterwards not even my daughter whose father had brown eyes...so what gives?

Recessive trait, maybe? Recessive traits have a way of lying dormant--they will only be expressed when two recessive alleles are combined. (A dominant allele, on the other hand, will be expressed if there is only one present. It trumps the recessive allele.) So each of your parents could have one allele for green eyes but it doesn't matter because they'd each need two for the green eye trait to be expressed. Lucky you, you inherited both alleles, one from each of your parents, so you got green eyes!

Now, maybe eye color is polygenic, in which case things wouldn't be so simple. Whatever. All you really need to know is that certain traits have a way of hiding, and I'm guessing your green eyes did this.