• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

I don't know if this has come up before, but has anyone else found this incident strange?

Man gets bagged on, curses the kids in the name of the Lord, and two bears appear & tear up 42 kids.

Thanks for any insights.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I don't know if this has come up before, but has anyone else found this incident strange?

Man gets bagged on, curses the kids in the name of the Lord, and two bears appear & tear up 42 kids.

Thanks for any insights.

IMO: It is simply about respect and there is/are lesson(s) we would all do well to learn from.

As we encounter people in our daily travels, we do not know where they are in life. We do not know their emotional/psychological stability. Thus, perhaps we might learn a measure of caution in this.

Elisha was perhaps deeply troubled/saddened or going through any number of a great depth of emotion(s) with Eliyah having just been taken up.

As we walk along, we would do well to learn from what happened unto these children. For we never know what the result may be of our own words/actions. We might in a moment of weakness say something unkind, not unlike the taunts of those children. The result of such, could be death. An unkind word/action unto someone who is in the depth of sorrow or pain could result in that person's commiting suicide. Even if not 'physical' death, a 'spiritual' death is possible. Is anyone here familiar with Arthur Rimbaud? Now granted, we may not directly cause their death, but how would we feel if we were to someday find out that the last words that person heard as they did the unthinkable were our own?

Those two children spoke/acted in an unkind manner, the result of which was the death of others. So too, should we ever be mindful of our words and actions for we just never know. As we are driving along the highway, we cut someone off (albeit hopefully completely unintentional), the result of which we unknowingly set off a rage within someone that results in the death of others.

OTOH: How would we feel, if we responded as Elisha did in the depth of our emotion(s) and as such, innocent victims perished. For even if we stand in a position that is correct/right, let us take heed that as a result of our own words/actions that others do/may not perish. For again, how would we feel if we responded in such a manner and even though there was not a 'physical' death, we later learn that our harsh response resulted in the 'spiritual' death of another(s).

To sum up: Whether we stand in the wrong, or whether we stand in the right, it matters little. Let each of us be ever mindful to be respectful, kind, loving, gentle to the utmost of our abilities. Only in the end, shall we truly know the long range and lasting effects of our words/actions. May the words/actions of each of us be that which saves and uplifts the lives of others in so that none may perish as a result.

I am sure others will have much more to share and much more insight upon the passage in question. I am merely writing from my heart upon the spur of the moment...

In peace,

Richard

Edited by Richard_yaash

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

acting out of emotion...leads us astray and in sin and our decisions definitly become clouded. As a woman I find in the past things difficult. Although very cerebral I somehow split these parts in order to function. In coming to Jesus he has put be back togetjer.

It is soooo important to BRING EVERYTHING TO GOD IN PRAYER. and I mean everything!!! I belive I gave my synopsis on the same scripture in another thread...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Thanks for any insights.

The kids were mocking the man of God and Elisha got angry about it. There is another way you can look at it and that is that it was children doing the mocking. Where did the kids learn such behaviour to be calling and mocking this prophet as the kids mocked his bald head. Well I think they learned this behaviour from there parents who were heathens and the children were only repeating what their parents were already doing so the children was cursed as they were just as evil as thier parents and had learned the ways of their parents and that's why the children were cursed.

OC

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

I believe it's very important not to insult others (though this is very common on YouTube, among many of today's male teens, etc)

I've been insulted for my appearance before.

I trust he didn't expect bears would appear & kill them.

I wish people would recognize the severity of the incident today before they insult someone in a YouTube comment box, on the street etc.

Thanks again.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

A couple of points:

By saying, 'Go up' to the prophet, the children were mocking Elijah's ascension that had recently happened, telling Elisha to go up to heaven as well. It is a very serious matter, to mock the works of GOD.

Also, the Hebrew word used here for 'children' can mean anything from little kids to young men. In 2 Chronicles 13:7, the same word is used describing King Rehoboam as 'young' at the beginning of his reign - Rehoboam was 41 when he became king!

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." 1 John 2:1-2

"The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him" John 3:35-36

"And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him" 1 John 2:28-29

:)

I don't know if this has come up before, but has anyone else found this incident strange? Man gets bagged on, curses the kids in the name of the Lord, and two bears appear & tear up 42 kids. Thanks for any insights.

:huh:

Some Little Children Are Still Bagging On The Word Of God Are They

And They Seemed To Have Lost The Rest Of The Story, Again

WOW

"And it came to pass, when the LORD would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal.

And Elijah said unto Elisha, Tarry here, I pray thee; for the LORD hath sent me to Bethel. And Elisha said unto him, As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. So they went down to Bethel.

And the sons of the prophets that were at Bethel came forth to Elisha, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the LORD will take away thy master from thy head to day? And he said, Yea, I know it; hold ye your peace.

And Elijah said unto him, Elisha, tarry here, I pray thee; for the LORD hath sent me to Jericho. And he said, As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. So they came to Jericho.

And the sons of the prophets that were at Jericho came to Elisha, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the LORD will take away thy master from thy head to day? And he answered, Yea, I know it; hold ye your peace.

And Elijah said unto him, Tarry, I pray thee, here; for the LORD hath sent me to Jordan. And he said, As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. And they two went on.

And fifty men of the sons of the prophets went, and stood to view afar off: and they two stood by Jordan.

And Elijah took his mantle, and wrapped it together, and smote the waters, and they were divided hither and thither, so that they two went over on dry ground.

And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.

And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.

And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.

He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan;

And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.

And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him.

And they said unto him, Behold now, there be with thy servants fifty strong men; let them go, we pray thee, and seek thy master: lest peradventure the Spirit of the LORD hath taken him up, and cast him upon some mountain, or into some valley. And he said, Ye shall not send.

And when they urged him till he was ashamed, he said, Send. They sent therefore fifty men; and they sought three days, but found him not.

And when they came again to him, (for he tarried at Jericho,) he said unto them, Did I not say unto you, Go not?

And the men of the city said unto Elisha, Behold, I pray thee, the situation of this city is pleasant, as my lord seeth: but the water is naught, and the ground barren.

And he said, Bring me a new cruse, and put salt therein. And they brought it to him.

And he went forth unto the spring of the waters, and cast the salt in there, and said, Thus saith the LORD, I have healed these waters; there shall not be from thence any more death or barren land.

So the waters were healed unto this day, according to the saying of Elisha which he spake.

And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

And he went from thence to mount Carmel, and from thence he returned to Samaria." 2 Kings 2

Sounds Like Some Folk Preferred Sour Waters Over Sweet And Let God Know

Dearly Beloved God Got Bears

"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord" Romans 12:19

And Rest For The Troubled

"And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;" 2 Thessalonian 1:7-9

In The LORD Jesus Christ

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God" Hebrews 12:2

And Comfort In The Reprover Of Souls

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." John 16:7-11

So Be Happy And Delight Is In The Law Of The LORD

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish." Psalms 1

Believe

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" John 3:16-18

And Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Don't mess with the prophet when he's having a difficult day.

:laugh: