IGNORED

Gods forgiveness

Guest sheilad4

Guest sheilad4
:t2: do you think god gets tired of forgiving a christian for a sin he commits over and over. something he struggles with?

Guest mcm42

I'm not sure he's forgiving you over and over... He forgave you once, for all.

Christ has forgiven you, confess your sin, feel ashamed that you broke the command of God, but do not seek forgiveness if God has forgiven you. He does not come day after day to forgive, he died for all your sins, you are washed in the Blood of the Lamb, no need to ask anymore, He granted forgiveness once, and that's all He needs to do.

You need to accept that forgiveness, and realize the price that was paid for it. Understand that you have overcome sin and death, and you do not any longer need to sin.

Sure we sin time and time again, our greatest fault would be to wallow day after day feeling sorry and begging God to forgive, when He already has! We need to apologize, and thank God that His Blood covers all our sins, accept that forgiveness, and Go and Sin no More.

I pray God will bless you with these words.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,221
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

:t2: do you think god gets tired of forgiving a christian for a sin he commits over and over. something he struggles with?

He has instructed us to forgive people that have wronged us many times. I'd have to look it up to be sure but I believe it was 70 times 7 somewhere. If it is important I'll look it up.

Most of us have something that is a reoccuring problem that we deal with, but I think God knows us and knows if we are trying to deal with it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Sheila

Yes Jesus died for our past, present, and future sins but we must confess these sins. You cannot just sin and say nothing. How can God forgive you if you don't ask for forgiveness which comes from confession? We are to confess to make us aware of our sins.

Luke 6:37 - Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven

The above is a conditional statement: IF you forgive someone, then YOU will be forgiven. So this is for the present and future sins. It's saying that there is a need to be forgiven in the future so we must confess.

Yes Jesus paid our sin debt in full on the cross, but that does not mean that our sins are automatically forgiven - we must confess (so we can see our own sin and see our heart condition) and forgive others (which teaches us patience, kindness etc all fruits of the Spirit) His death on the cross was the battle for your soul (those that would accept Him) that does not exempt you from confessing and asking forgiveness. We are commanded to forgive and ask for forgiveness.

Mark 11:25 - And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

The above if another conditional statement. Basically if you forgive others, He will forgive you. He's not going to die on the cross over and over again. The battle for your soul has been won already.

Some more examples that we must ask for forgiveness:

Matthew 6:14 - For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

Mark 11:26 - But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

If you want more info PM me as this is getting lengthy. :t2:

Blessings,

BPC