IGNORED

Question for anyone willing to answer

darkest_red

Guest ScriptureAndPrayers
Okay... general consensus is that i wont be forgiven, so what do i do?

I cant feel sorry for something i dont feel sorry for and obviosuly theres no point in pretending because that would be pointless.

darkest_red,

Why don't you feel sorry for this sin that you "repented" of? It doesn't make sense that you repented of it only because God calls it a sin. That's following the letter of the law but not the spirit. If God called it a sin, there is a reason for it. It is obviously something which, for whatever reason, is offensive to God. Doesn't that bother you? Being a Christian isn't just a get-out-of-hell-free card. If your only reason not to sin, or to repent of sin, is because He says so and you don't want to get on His bad side because He will send you to hell, then I think you're in for a long and unhappy Christian life. God wants to have a daily, living relationship with you. He's not some impassive accountant in a sterile office adding and subtracting names from the Book of Life. He wants fellowship with you now, not just in the sweet by-and-by. Although He loves you, He is Holy and Just, and can't tolerate sin. It's not that He's being stubborn about sin, it's part of who He is; Holiness and sin cannot mix! He loves you, and in fellowship with Him, as you feel His love, you will understand it and feel that same love for Him and others. It's out of this love for God, and gratitude for the great gift of reconciliation that He has provided through the work of Jesus Christ, and our sanctification (being made like Him) through the Holy Spirit, that causes us to see sin for what it really is, and to turn away from it with great remorse.

When your heart is right with God, you will feel regret for your sins, past and present. Spend some quiet time with the Lord.

--yet now I am happy, not because you were made sorry, but because your sorrow led to repentance.  For you became sorrowful as God intended and so were not harmed in any way by us.  Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.  2 Cor. 7:9,10

May God bless you and draw you close.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  230
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I cant feel sorry for something i dont feel sorry for and obviosuly theres no point in pretending because that would be pointless

1Jonh 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

If we only confess our sins (like my pastor is always saying) it would be enough.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

I cant feel sorry for something i dont feel sorry for and obviosuly theres no point in pretending because that would be pointless

1Jonh 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

If we only confess our sins (like my pastor is always saying) it would be enough.

But what good does it do to only confess them? And I'm not arguing with scripture here, just the statement made by your preacher- does he believe in once saved always saved? Not trying to hijack the thread to another OSAS debate- definitely not my intention- I'm just curious :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I repent quite often. I have shed many tears in my shame. I ask our Lords' forgivness every day, for any offense I may unwittingly committed. Some may say there is no need to repent daily. Agree or not I will continue to do so understanding I am not worthy of forgiveness. Humility is just what I need to remove this shell around my heart.

God bless you all and guide you home.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

In order to confess, one must believe they have sinned. Confession is essentially the act of agreeing with God that we are wrong.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I cant feel sorry for something i dont feel sorry for and obviosuly theres no point in pretending because that would be pointless.

Hi Darkest Red,

There are times when we all know something is sin and wrong in the eye of our Lord. And yet we don't want to give it up or we don't see it for the evil that it is. The point is when we know it is wrong we can go to the Father and tell Him(He already knows anyway) that we are having trouble letting go of something. Some of the things of the world have a strong hold on our lives. You could tell the Father something like this: "Father, Your Word says that this sin is wrong but I don't want to give it up. Help me to let go of it and seek to please You."

Confessing our sin is just that, acknowledgement that it is sin. If we do that He is faithful to forgive us our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

In His Love

LT

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/24/1952

If you repent but only repent because the what you've done is a sin, rather than  because you regret what you have done, do you still get forgiven?
If you read this with your Heart, it might make a difference for you. I pray it does.

It is the Spirit of God that draws a man to repent. "No man cometh to God but first the spirit of God draws (entreats) him." The will to repent is a precious gift from God and evidence of the influence of His Holy Spirit in a life. Blessed is the man whose Will is to repent (turn away from) of sin. God has provided a way into His presence and a way to be sustained (to walk and live) in His Presence. All forms of sin are variations of denial of the promise of God that God makes it possible for a man/woman to become more than just an animal. Saten told Eve she was other than what God had made her. God had made Eve a living soul in the image (pure) image of God. Saten beguiled her by drawing her attention to the shape of the image (her body) of God... at variance to the Spirit of God that lived in it. Because she turned away from the Spirit to view the flesh, her understanding of the purpose of the flesh was corrupted. Saten distorted her Vision of the Truth. This denied her the entrance to the perfection of Eden which was her original condition as ordained by God. Saten uses influences to distort our vision of Jesus. The blessing of God is then blocked by our unbelief... in all of its variations (specific sins). Worship is what its all about: Proper Worship...that is, worship that is acceptable to God. Forms alone are inadequate. Without the right Spirit in the form, it becomes an idol. Pure worship acceptable to God is attitude/conduct that is OBEDIENT to the Word of God. God wants our entire attention. He is disinterested in our actions alone...He wants our heart as well. However, this is not an easy proposition to fill. Humans are frail in every way...particulary in the scope of their committments. God knows that we are dust. He understands. He also took a form like unto our form and was tempted in every way such as is COMMON to man... I love God for this splendid and wonderful gesture of LOVE for us. He does Love YOU, you know? Really, He does.

In spite of all the sin, God still loves us... This is a marvelous and wonderful mystery: God's Love.

Only God knows the heart of a person to understand its sincerity. Saten will point your to all the long list of past failed attempts to overcome a habit. God only knows of the one you present to Him NOW. He does not recall what ws placed under His blood yesterday. All He acknowledges is our most recent error. He does not audit our entire life... because everything else is under His shed blood. It cannot be recalled by God because it is cast into the sea of forgetfulness.

The Bible doesn't tell us that we must be 'sincere' on a scale of zero to whatever in order to qualify for forgiveness. Jesus is already WILLING to forgive us. The conditions presented in scripture are clear: "If you will acknowledge your sins, God is faithful to forgive you of your sins and to cleanse you from ALL unrighteousness." Weconfess with our mouth and we believe with our HEART.

God forgives and then forgets. We accept forgiveness, but it is our memory that draws us again to the tree where our old nature hangs. We are cozened by saten into identifying with that DEAD thing in our OLD nature... and we fall into a repeat practise. Jesus understands the proclivity to fail... having been a man himself, he must have experienced 'failure' of some kind. The Bible tells us he learned obedience through the things he SUFFERED (endured). Self discipline is a learned response: its not a gift anymore than character is a gift. Both are victories we are compelled to participate in... Through suffering we grow into the character of Christ and we learn self discipline... As disciples we daily renew our committment to the walk of faith... by renewal in righteousness (not renewal in salvation...which is once for all) under the shed blood of Jesus.

The focus of Heaven is not on where we've been, but on where we're GOING. THAT is where we belong. We are to recall only the Truth when we are tempted to revive an offense that has been 'forgiven'... To recall it otherwise, is to give ourself to delusional thinking. In such instances, it is not my BROTHER that inhabits the memory, but an EVIL SPIRIT that would deny the effect of the blood of Jesus. The TRUTH is that my Brother/Sister looks just like JESUS... and nothing else enters the picture at all. Anything else would be a distortion of the Truth. It is the task of Saten to 'distort' the Truth into something that resembles himself.

The element of regret is important to the act of repentence. This regret is more than a sentimental feeling... it is demonstrated by our act of turning yet again to the cross where our token is displayed. The regret and the sorrow...the anguish of soul... is often distant (but not absent). Again, God understands. He accepts our desire to change and our act of faith demonstrated in repentence... and HE works the miracle of the resurrection in our flesh. Job sat on ashes and daily met the everpresent evidence of his rotten flesh. It stank...and stank...and stank... The same was true for Lazarus. Both men understood who Jesus IS. Both men had a vision that compelled their faith to reach beyond what was possible for their hands...to touch, the untouchable. This miracle is only possible because an omnipotent God reaches toward the heart that repents. GOD is the equalizing factor. He makes all the difference. I believe God wants repentence to work for us because he said He would accept it as often as we offered it. "If my brother commit an offense against me, how often must I forgive him? Seven times?" Jesus said, "I say to you forgive seventy times seven." This was an arbitrary number, rather than a discrete quantity and a rule. Jesus offers forgiveness as much as is necessary to the individual... for however long as it takes... for them to begin walking according to His purpose. Thank you, Jesus ... for having a stronger hold on my heart than is humanly possible for me.

I hope this helps and is an encouragement to you.

God Bless you!

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

you only repent if you are sorry for what you did, you can not repent of something you are not sorry for. You can confess something, but that is not repentance.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Repentance involves more than just knowing what you've done is a sin and asking for forgiveness. The only way you know something is a sin is if you've been convicted of it by the Holy Spirit and He brings you to a place of repentance. You then make a choice after asking for forgiveness not to persist with the behaviour and your motivation is the most important reason. It has to be because you love God and you do not want to grieve Him. This is true Biblical repentance. If you don't regret that you have done, it means that you do not fully understand how you have grieved God and your motivation for 'repentance' is distorted.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

But I can't force myself to feel bad about it. I can't make myself feel like that.