tigger398

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Let's review those who have in the past been the antichrist...

I don't think the server has enough room to hold a complete compilation. :blink:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't find one scripture that supports there being a person who is THE Anti-Christ at all. There are the only 4 times the term antichrist is used in scripture. These verses show an antichrist to be one who is not a follower of Christ. John 4:3 says that antichrist was already in the world (2000 yrs ago).

1 John 2:18

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

I don't want an argument, I was just wondering what your point of view was based on and if you could support it from scripture.

I think we may be on the verge of hi-jacking this thread so if you wish to discuss it further you may pm me or start a new thread.

Hi KatyAnn,

I agree with you regarding the term 'the antichrist' as popularly used. I think that it is perhaps an extrapolation from such as the "man of sin/son ot perdition" found in 2 Thess 2:3 combined with Daniel 11:31-32, 36, 45 and further combined with a particular understanding of Daniel 9:26-27. There is much more to it though. My own understanding of these things varies somewhat from, shall we call it, the 'norm'.

I don't think the server has enough room to hold a complete compilation. ;)

Have to include David Hasselhoff though. :laugh:

Oh no, not him too! :o

My understanding varies from the "norm" as well. I am not looking to a rapture, and believe Daniel 9 has already been fulfilled.

I do not accept the rapture as 'popularly' spoken of. I also see Daniel 9 as fulfilled as well as many other places. Though, I maintain the reservation of a *possible* two-fold depth unto it. It is only a reservation in that I never want to find myself as being closed minded. Daniel 9 though, is an interesting if not difficult passage to translate. I am open to discussing this further sometime. Albeit in another thread though. It has been many years now, since I have been in this area in any real depth, so I would have to brush up a little. Then again, it has been years since I have opened a 'Bible' until lately.

The world being a "bad" place, I don't believe, was mentioned by Him, much less the term "that bad".

The term "rapture" was never mentioned either.

Like I said, you can believe what you want to believe. I push my beliefs on no one, and that includes you.

I'm very careful about what I say. I know that in the end I will have to answer for every word that comes out of my mouth.

I know what I know and everything I know concerning God comes out of the bible. I don't subscribe to manmade doctrine and the pretribulation rapture is manmade doctrine. I know this because there is nothing in scripture that supports that theory.

With all due respect.

Peace.

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

As Christians we are to be looking for the return of Christ, not for the anti-Christ.

It is the Blessed Hope of Titus 2:13. It is the One Hope of Ephesians 4:4. It is the Hope we are to hold until the end in Hebrews 3:6. It is our final Hope in Peter 1:13.

Debate the Rapture all you want. It is wasted effort.

1John 3:2-3 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

As Christians we are to be looking for the return of Christ, not for the anti-Christ.

It is the Blessed Hope of Titus 2:13. It is the One Hope of Ephesians 4:4. It is the Hope we are to hold until the end in Hebrews 3:6. It is our final Hope in Peter 1:13.

Debate the Rapture all you want. It is wasted effort.

1John 3:2-3 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

I couldn't agree more. :emot-handshake:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The world really isn't that bad a place right now.

I view the world sort of like a chess board and there's still a lot of pieces that need to be moved before Israel is put into check. . . .

excuse me do you think that the worold is really not that bad, to me it is getting worse than before, remember the bible say in the last day they would say everything is ok, seem nothing bad at the point, but after that they will be shocked and being shake up. Who know if he is antichrist. only God know who antichrist will be. we should warn other christians and our family and our friends to get ready for what ever it will happen that we didnt think it will happen to us but we must be BE READY everyday.

Well, first of all, I thought the world would become "that bad a place" during the Tribulation, not before?

But I do agree that the time isn't right for the "AC" to be revealed because the pieces are not all in place yet.

Although they are getting there.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1969

I know this thread hasn't been posted on for a few days, but I wanted to touch on it in all seriousness. I was hoping to find it being discussed on the board. I actually am a little concerned about the real possibilty. I obviously don't know for sure if he is , but the Bible also has descriptions of the Anti-Christ that fit Obama.

* A meteoric rise to fame and power - It is always talked about that he has shot up out of nowhere. A junior Senator.

* The Anti-christ will come within the generation that sees Israel become a state - 1948.

* He will be reverred the world over - This I could see happening as time passes.

* He will come to power with a message of peace . He wants to bring peace to the middle east. He will be a great communicator - All true.

* His first 3 1/2 years will be a rule of peace, then he will 'change' and show his true evil . . . . . Stop right there . The Mayan calendars end in 2012 . Their writings indicate a terrible calamity will come on Dec. 21st 2012 . Well the year 2012 is 64 yrs. after 1948 . That's easily a generation . If Obama were to win, then his presidency starts on 2009 . Well, 3 1/2 years later is 2012 . This would also fit in with the folks that say the time isn't right just yet. It's not now, but in 3 1/2 years, the pieces could be in place.

* He will fool many . Nearly all the people will love him. hmmmmm, last part is becoming true now. And at this point, he hasn't been indwelt by satan yet. But he will be in place when the time is right.

Couple other points:

*He is Pro-Abortion.

*Obama advocates that people use contraception

*Obama's father was Muslim, before becoming Athiest. Obama did attend Muslim schooling for 2 years. He also stated publicly he would "stand with the Muslims" if things got "ugly".

Last year an artist did a painting of Obama with a halo over his head. He named that painting something like 'savior' or 'messiah'. Many have already referred to him as 'savior'. Recent Australian news stories indicate that Australians are already calling him 'the messiah'. At the New Hampshire primaries, people were holding up their babies to be kissed by Obama (a traditional political event)..... However, people there were also asking him to BLESS their babies. People are FAINTING at his rallies!

Like I said, I'm not sure. No one can be sure. No one will know the time. But one would have to be blind to not see all of the similarities. I hate to see people dismiss it as nonsense, because it just might not be.

Sooo, am I nuts or what? :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

We all probably know more about the end times than we should