IGNORED

"ancient evidence"

Guest LadyC

i always sleep with the tv on, and last night, i had it on the ID channel (formerly known as discovery times). they aired three episodes of a show i'd never heard of before. when i turned it on, the first episode called "joseph: the coat of many colours" was nearing its end. i knew i would sleep through the next two episodes, so i recorded them. i think i'll watch them this afternoon.

the part i saw of joseph was very intriguing. basically the show discusses the biblical account of what happened, and then introduces scientific or archaelogical evidence that has been discovered that supports what is written in scripture.

upcoming episodes include:

David and Goliath (A profile of David includes archeological evidence that portrays him as a poet, warrior and nobleman. Also: an analysis of his epic battle with Goliath; comments from biblical scholars. Host: Avery Brooks.)

Peter: Jesus' fisherman (In Galilee, experts examine the archeological evidence surrounding the lives of early fishermen, like Peter. A leading psychologist explains how such a man made the transition from entrepreneur to martyred leader of the Christian Church leader.)

The Real Mary Magdalene (As a reformed prostitute, Mary Magdalene has become an icon for the virtues of forgiveness. Experts peel away the layers of mistaken identity and explore the role of women in Mary's lifetime to show that she may not have been a prostitute at all.)

The Real Disciples of Jesus (tells the background of each disciple)

Joshua and the walls of jericho (this is one of the ones i have recorded)

King Harod: murder or madman?

of course, it just figures that such shows would air in the wee hours of the morning when nobody is awake to watch, but i'm hoping to remember to record them each time they come on.

Schedule of upcoming episodes

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

i always sleep with the tv on, and last night, i had it on the ID channel (formerly known as discovery times). they aired three episodes of a show i'd never heard of before. when i turned it on, the first episode called "joseph: the coat of many colours" was nearing its end. i knew i would sleep through the next two episodes, so i recorded them. i think i'll watch them this afternoon.

the part i saw of joseph was very intriguing. basically the show discusses the biblical account of what happened, and then introduces scientific or archaelogical evidence that has been discovered that supports what is written in scripture.

upcoming episodes include:

David and Goliath (A profile of David includes archeological evidence that portrays him as a poet, warrior and nobleman. Also: an analysis of his epic battle with Goliath; comments from biblical scholars. Host: Avery Brooks.)

Peter: Jesus' fisherman (In Galilee, experts examine the archeological evidence surrounding the lives of early fishermen, like Peter. A leading psychologist explains how such a man made the transition from entrepreneur to martyred leader of the Christian Church leader.)

The Real Mary Magdalene (As a reformed prostitute, Mary Magdalene has become an icon for the virtues of forgiveness. Experts peel away the layers of mistaken identity and explore the role of women in Mary's lifetime to show that she may not have been a prostitute at all.)

The Real Disciples of Jesus (tells the background of each disciple)

Joshua and the walls of jericho (this is one of the ones i have recorded)

King Harod: murder or madman?

of course, it just figures that such shows would air in the wee hours of the morning when nobody is awake to watch, but i'm hoping to remember to record them each time they come on.

Schedule of upcoming episodes

Is this the Discovery Channel, Lady C? I can't find anything local for these shows. :ph34r:

the channel is called "ID" (short for Investigation Discovery.)

until a couple of weeks ago, the channel was known as "discovery times". so yes, it is one of the discovery channels, but where i live, it's part of the expanded discovery channel lineup that you only get if you pay more for the additional goodies.

it's part of the package that includes the military channel, discovery health, national geographic channel, etc.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

the channel is called "ID" (short for Investigation Discovery.)

until a couple of weeks ago, the channel was known as "discovery times". so yes, it is one of the discovery channels, but where i live, it's part of the expanded discovery channel lineup that you only get if you pay more for the additional goodies.

it's part of the package that includes the military channel, discovery health, national geographic channel, etc.

We don't even get those channels here....at least not through the cable providers. Phooey! :ph34r:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Bummer - those sound cool, though.

i think the series is too new to be out on dvd, although in the store i did find one title... only one... the one on revelation. i'm really curious about how they approach that topic. guess i'll find out next week!

i think the series is too new to be out on dvd,

After each show has aired, they release them on DVD....I believe.

It may take acouple of weeks or so but they will eventually be there.

I'm gonna have to go shopping...one of my favorite things to do. :emot-shakehead: