ray

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

How do you know for certian where you will spend enternity?

Recently my boss passed away from cancer and it was kind of sudden too. At work he was very good boss most of the time as bosses can be I guess. As I worked with him over the past fiver years really closely I had know him for the past ten years. So I got to know how he lived outside of work to. I learned that he was by no means any kind of saint but he did not push his way of life on any one he happy go lucky kind of guy. However his life was in no means one lead by Christ or so it seems. Now that he is gone from this world everone says well he is in a better place. That sounds good in comfomfting but I don't know for certian I don't think he might but it would be nice to know for certian.

how do you deal with not knowing?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

The truth is we can never truly know how someone else feels about Christ. As Christians we know that there is no other way to Heaven but through Christ. Our salvation does not depend on us -- how nice we are, how many charities we donate to, how many kittens we rescue from trees. No, our salvation is only through Christ. This means that if a person has accepted Christ as Lord and Saviour, then there is nothing else to do. After that no matter how good or bad (by human standards) a person is doesn't make them any more or less saved. By accepting Christ we should naturally do more nice things, but that is a result of our faith and Christ working in us.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

This is something we all face in our lives, loosing someone we love, not knowing if they ever accepted Christ as their savior. To tell you the truth, we never will know until we get to Heaven. On their death bed, they might of cried out to Jesus in the silence of their room, even if they lived a life of pure sin. On the other hand, there are those who claim to be Christians, but only claimed this from their heads and not their hearts. Do we ever know the difference? Sometimes, but no always.

There is no measuring stick for us to hold up to ones life that would indicate if they are truly His or not. Only God knows who belongs to Him. This is why we live by faith.

I wish I could set your mind at ease, for if I could, I would also be setting my own mind at ease for those who I have lost, not knowing where they went after death.

In Him,

Alan

Guest shiloh357

Recently my boss passed away from cancer and it was kind of sudden too. At work he was very good boss most of the time as bosses can be I guess. As I worked with him over the past fiver years really closely I had know him for the past ten years. So I got to know how he lived outside of work to. I learned that he was by no means any kind of saint but he did not push his way of life on any one he happy go lucky kind of guy. However his life was in no means one lead by Christ or so it seems. Now that he is gone from this world everone says well he is in a better place. That sounds good in comfomfting but I don't know for certian I don't think he might but it would be nice to know for certian.

An equally important question is, do you know where you will be spending eternity if you were to die today?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I have no words of wisdom to offer you...

But know, that I truly and deeply understand...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

God is our refuge and strength...and He is all knowing! Seek God for His peace in this situation. Whatever your friends beliefs...he's gone now. I believe that individuals who do not die unexpectantly have time to face their immortality and subsequently are more easily ministered to. Prayerfully that time of illness helped him come to know Christ as his Savior.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

An equally important question is, do you know where you will be spending eternity if you were to die today?

Yes, I know where I will spend eternity if I were die today. However, Today I wonder about the one I lost. IF I knew for sure there might be a lot about how I live would change?