• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Hello all,

Has anyone here ever decided to change churches? Maybe because your doctrine changed or because the church you were in was dead or some other reason? How did you go about it? Did you have to convince unwilling family members?

-Neopatriarch

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Hello all,

Has anyone here ever decided to change churches? Maybe because your doctrine changed or because the church you were in was dead or some other reason? How did you go about it? Did you have to convince unwilling family members?

-Neopatriarch

Why have you decided that you need to change churches?

Guest Biblicist
Hello all,

-Neopatriarch

My family changed churches, and affiliations.

It was because of sin allowed to go on within the church, and the church was dead as a result. It's called a Biblical Separation.

We simply left. My husband and I sent a letter to one of the more respected members of the church, but we just simply sent a letter removing ourselves from the role to the Deacons.

We did not try to convince our unwilling family members. Those that felt led to leave, did, those that felt led to stay, did. ;) It was not our responsibility to convince them of something they were not convicted of. MOST of my extended family left the church though.

We started a new church, along with @100 of the other church members. Praise the LORD he kept us together and has provided a meeting place for us every Sunday since, and a wonderful Godly Pastor.

This is not something that should be taken lightly. Make sure your actions are backed up by God's Word. It's not easy to leave. It's probably the most difficult thing we have ever had to do. I would not want to do it again.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I am in the process of finding a church. I can't really say that I'm changing churches, because I never belonged to one. My son and I are the only ones who attend church in my family, and we see eye to eye on what we expect in a church. Where I am from, it is hard to fine one that goes by the whole word of God. I pary that you do fine a home.

Your Brother In Christ,

Alan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

My family and I have changed churches a number of times for various reasons. I think the reason why you are changing churches is a factor. Finding a church which holds the Bible as authority and is Christ centered is very important. Too many churches (even a "mainstream" denominations) are becoming "seeker friendly/New Age/Emerging Church. The times we have changed churches in the past have mainly been for doctrine issues. Once we changed because we moved.

<>< ><>

Nathele