• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Damo, my good friend, I sense from your posts that you have inner issues that you need to deal with. Yes there are racists in every society, and in mine, which was the most racial society on earth untill the Lord moved and it was abolished.

What did we do? Through men like Nelson Mandela and the Bishop Desmond Tutu we intituted the truth and reconcilliation commission. And that is where the healing started. Some people went to jail for their actions during apartheid, and some people forgave each other. It was a very painful but cleansing process for our country, and it saved us from total destruction.

They call us the rainbow nation now! All colors, all ethnic groups working towards a common goal. Is there still racism? Yes of course there is, from both sides of the fence (unfortunately the fence still exists in places). But we have laws like no other to help control this. Let me give you one example. Please believe that I am 100% behind you in saying that racism in any way shape of form is evil and straight from satan. But we have laws here, because man is weak is he not? A statement that ones hate certain people of a different race or ethnicity, and by naming them, is considered hate speech in my country now, and if one is heard to say, or found to write something like that, it is a criminal offence. There have been cases of black and white people having been charged for this.

To be angry about racism is not wrong, it is right, but how we direct our anger is what matters. I always (with difficulty), put myself in the shoes of Jesus, and ask what would He do in a situation like that?

It has always led me to the answers, even if the answers are not what I thought I really wanted to hear.

Lastly some advice from someone who lived through the darkest side of my country's history. If we cling to our anger, the only person it ultimately harms is ourselves. We need to channel that anger into positive action, and we need to do it through, as the foundation, prayer.

Bless you for your intensity, I am with you in opposing any type of racial profiling, but remember that the racists themselves are the ones that live the hurtful, fearful and angry lives, we do not have to be like them. We have Jesus as our foundation.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

bless you fez

you are right and this is what god is still working in me brother i am not perfect and i know i have come along way asking jesus every day to help me get on with the white people in the industry i work in has not been easy but jesus helps me let go and i know if i dont let go i become just like the ones i am asking jesus to help me get on with

i know what your country has been threw and i am in agreement with what other south african christians are saying i have connected with another brother who belongs to this forum and he is from south africa and he has been such a blessing in my life we communicate by email and one day i want to visit my brother i have connected with

its not easy having to ask god to take what i feel and its been a learning curb for me long time ago i use to lash out and that got me into trouble with the law i wiill not repeat what is said about my filipina fiance and her people especialy what thes guys think of filipina women i think you will under stand with out me adding into this topic

i some times come home and in tears i ask jesus to take what was said and replace it with his peace

a survey was done in australia and the out come off the survey showed me what i already knew people from diffrent races dont get given the same chance if you are a white person

and another survey was done about our names i heard one asian guy say in the survey when he came to this country he found it hard to get work soon as the boss saw the persons name on the application he was rejected

the jobs i have had are from god and its as if god pushed my resume up to the top i know if i had the hate i had i would be on the dole and i would not have had the chance to travel three times to the philippines

we did this with the aborigonal young people in the farming community i just moved from when i moved in the community there were problems the young aborigonal youth hated the police and the police hated the aborigonal young people it took us two years to change it around were the police and the aborigonal youth were able to sort out ther diffrences one of the dectives was a white christian and he said he wanted to come on board and help establish a relationship not just with the young aborigonal youth but with the adults and ther parents he wanted us to get the young aborigonal youth to see that they have a job to do and he new well that racism existed with in the police force but for things to change were its delt from with in officers like him had to step out in example he got a lot of flack so did sevral other police officers but it worked to the point were the aborigonal young people began to see that ther are good white people and espeialy good white police officers

in our combined prayer group and the normal prayer group we share openly and we then write down were things need to improve from with in our denominations in canberra pastors from diffrent denominations are seeing that things need to change and they are challanging ther members to deal with that prejidus from with in

i want to see both groups getting on whites and blacks to were if a black man is dating a white women he is not discriminated against or if a white male wants to date an asian thailand women filipina women indian women indonesan women or pakistani women they can live happy lives and not having to hand over what they hear in ther jobs and in ther communitys

this is what i am asking god to do my son is white he has his mothers and my genes his mother is irish i am croation i thought when my son was born he would be like me olive brown instead he turnd out like his mother he is know going threw what i went threw and know i am having to ask god to help me love the muslims as he loves them and in all honesty fez its hard my son got bashed by two muslim boys and he is on baby food this has happend to him three times know once by an aborigonal boy and know by two muslims boys and the two muslim boys that bashed my 12 yr old son were only 11 yrs old as a father i am having to give what i am feeling to god my x knows what i want to do to the boys father and sevral of my mates who are white security guards were willing to go with me and make sure no one steps in

the big boy grabed my sons head and slammed it into a brick wall sevral times while the skinny muslim boy hit my son in the upper body he is bruised and he is geting counsling

my prayers i prayed i said god why are you alowing my 12yr old to go threw what i am dealing with he is white

so its not easy fez having to ask god to help me love the ones i find hard to get on with

i am praying for the two muslim boys my anger i had towards them is gone al ther is is love for these two muslim boys and ther familys and i am teling my x wife to let it go let it go

damo1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/20/1956

Hi Natt,

I haven't posted for quite a while now. But your post caught my attention. Congratulations on the marriage. It is a blessing of the highest order. In a few days I will have been married 30 yrs to my wife of a mixed race (black and white). It has been so good we thank God daily for each other. Coincidentally we are also friends with an other couple who happen to be a Samoan (sp?) man and his wife a white Canadian. They have been very happy together.

A side bar thought that comes to mind is the ease we experienced adopting our children. We discovered that my wife could not have children and attended an adoption information meeting, for parents wanting to adopt. The speaker painted a bleak picture saying there are no new born children to adopt and that couples wanting to avoid years of waiting should consider adopting older children and or disabled children.

The meeting ended, and this speaker made a point of coming to us to say we were the luckiest persons in the room. Puzzled, we listened to her explain that our mixed race marriage moved us to the front of the line instantly, for consideration when a baby of mixed race came up for adoption. The reasoning being, the job of the social worker is to place the child in a home that best suits the child and not necessarily in the home of the next in line. So a baby of mixed race would be best served by placement in a mixed race family.

As a result each time we applied for a child to adopt it took almost 9 months to the day when we received the call for each of the children we adopted.

I mention this only for your information.

Be blessed in your marriage.

As far as the rest of this thread is concerned................ :emot-hug:

Don

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

:emot-questioned: Agreed, lets talk about something else!

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.85
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

this is what gets up my nose and i would like an honest answer instead of being told i have a chip on my shoulder

i am involved in a prayer group with some christians i am getting to know what we are doing is this we fast and we come together and we cry out to god asking god to start dealing with the racism from with in

what is it with christians thes days its as if its ok for a racist christian to have ther say but when some one like my self speaks up i am having to put up with the same remarks i am getting from morning glory

when i began to deal with my hatred towards white american males and white australians i had to ask god to help me i new if i did not ask god to help me nail what i was avoiding to deal with i would not be were i am today in my walk

the christians i am praying with are from diffrent countrys we have nigerians and africans and aborigonal and some irish and south africans in our group the people i am geting to know are like me

if god did not show me my sin for what it was i can honestly say i would be leting my flesh take over in this topic

poor excuse when you say i love you its like i am being told to shut up and let the racist christians i know who hold on to some of the views i am seeing in this forum have ther say

i have sat in sermons were the pastors spit was hitting me and when he would preach he would not look at the white people in his church his eyes were on me and the other members who were not white

i am asking god to deal with what we are seeing in our city and i am asking god to realy shake up the churches leaders that are racist

i have no chip on my shoulder when i say something its from my past

i can let my flesh loose in this very topic but i am not going to let my flesh loose it was hard having to ask god to help me get on with the ones that realy gave me a hard time does god deal with you lot like he deals with me or is ther a double standard we bleed the same did jesus realy die for the white people and is it only white people that are alowed to move forward while guys like my self have to lay our hopes and hearts desire at the foot of the cross ?

damo1

This is incredible! Where are all the people to were demonizing yesult as a racist for his words? This sure looks like racism against whites ("American" and Australian") to me. I hate posting this, but I must.

.... This sure looks like racism against....

By Any Other Name

Sin Is Still Sin

Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

Psalms 51:4

And All Sin Is Against God

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Proverbs 8:36

And Sin Is An Affair Of The Heart

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Jeremiah 17:9

And The LORD Changes Hearts

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Ezekiel 36:26

If Only We Cleave To Him

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

With Trust

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

what is your problem parker 1 ?

you hate posting this but you must

speak up or keep silent

so you are like morning glory thinking i have a chip on my shoulder and have not been honest in the posts i have left in this topic

so should my son know have to put up with what i went threw as a child or does my son have a right to feel safe ?

my son is white and he is getting harrased by people who had been harrased from the white australians

this is what happens in australia parker 1 were i prayed asking god to sheild my son as a father i am having to step back and let god do what he needs to in my sons life

what because your white parker 1 do you think that this forum is going to alow you to have your say while guys like my self get pulled up by the moderating team

it amazes me when it comes to this forum how certain members have what i call a loyal following and as soon as you pull a person up in comes the support for the member who is against interrracial marraiges its like yesult is on a mission and for guys like my self its like we have to keep silent because if we speak up the white people will complaine to the moderating team

have you been reading what i have been asking god to do in my life or had you just left that remark to get back at me ?

yesult started this parker 1 and yesult should be able to back what he is saying parker 1

damo1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.85
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

what is your problem parker 1 ?

you hate posting this but you must

speak up or keep silent

so you are like morning glory thinking i have a chip on my shoulder and have not been honest in the posts i have left in this topic

so should my son know have to put up with what i went threw as a child or does my son have a right to feel safe ?

my son is white and he is getting harrased by people who had been harrased from the white australians

this is what happens in australia parker 1 were i prayed asking god to sheild my son as a father i am having to step back and let god do what he needs to in my sons life

what because your white parker 1 do you think that this forum is going to alow you to have your say while guys like my self get pulled up by the moderating team

it amazes me when it comes to this forum how certain members have what i call a loyal following and as soon as you pull a person up in comes the support for the member who is against interrracial marraiges its like yesult is on a mission and for guys like my self its like we have to keep silent because if we speak up the white people will complaine to the moderating team

have you been reading what i have been asking god to do in my life or had you just left that remark to get back at me ?

yesult started this parker 1 and yesult should be able to back what he is saying parker 1

damo1

No, I think you are being very honest. You are every bit as racist as you have attacks yesult of being. Only you hate white males. I said I hated to post what I did because I don't want to argue with you since I am one of those white males that you hate. The difference between you and I is that you purposely attacked, insulted and berated a brother in Christ for speaking his peace. And you are proud of it. And his perceived "racism" was not as blatant as you admitted racism. My question was, and still is, where are all the people who vehemently attacked jesult but ignored your racist rant?

And you were cautioned about your full frontal verbal assault on yesult; now you have the audacity to blame others for you being talked to by the moderation team? I'm not supporting yesult, I am confronting you about your racism. Like you have said, if you don't like it, too bad.

I will say that I am sorry if I have offended you and that I have respect for you, but you need to examine yourself in response to this subject. I had to. My problem, as the Lord revealed to me, was how my daughter's desire to marry a person of color affected my standing within my community. He showed me that it didn't matter, as long as they were happy. So, I'm over it.

If you want to be ticked off at me, so be it. I will continue to pray that the Holy Spirit will soften your heart and show you a better way to deal with you feelings towards whites in a more constructive way than rage. May God bless you, damo1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach. ~Winston Churchill

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach. ~Winston Churchill

Great Quote! LOL