IGNORED

obama declares i pray to jesus not allah.

redwing

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Not a military man myself but I have done many tours with the Cub Scouts. :24:

:huh: Are you decorated too?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I hope yall understand I'm only 28, I was actually just allowed to vote 10, almost 11 years ago. Well, this is what happened. i joined the military at 18. Went to Germany as my first duty station. Never got one of those ballots that soldiers are suppose to get when there are away from home. So didnt get to vote in 2000. My first real experience voting came in 02 in Georgia, I then voted in 04. I stopped voting after that. I would also like to add, that being a young black man I have heard it all for not voting. My reply is exactly the same. It is not madated. I guess I should always sit in the front of the bus too.

Your 28 years old, I thought you said you had twenty years in the corp., I must of been mistaken, my bad. Ruck in your last quote it sounds like you are throwing the race card in. In Iraq I was a platoon sergeant and I had soldiers in every color of skin accept green, purple and orange, Your black-I'm white, big deal. Our blood still bleeds red, white and blue in the sand. So don't you dare throw that race card in because I'm not buying it, were all the same in God's eyes.

I'm still standing fast on the not voting issue, it is a dishonor to all my brothers in desert cammo. that died for our freedom, Specially you Ruck because you wore the uniform, why don't you just spit on the graves of our brothers and sisters whom paid so dearly for our freedom. If I had a mind set like yours, I would be ashamed to call myself a Marine.

Preception is crazy huh. You may want to read Morningglorys reponse to me. Isn't strange that she has known me a lot longer than you and didn't know I was black. So, do you really think I'm attempting to play a race card? I brought in the fact about my race to further my point about the right to vote. I stated that I have heard it all about not voting...and that from my own race. I then proceeded to say I guess I should sit in the front the bus. As far as you feeling like i'm dishonoring people..like I said, I have heard it all before.

What dose race have to do with voting? Freedom is Something I don't speak of lightly and a part of that freedom is the right to vote, I don't see any barrier that should keep any person in this country from voting. Our country had some growing pains since 1776, our ancestors will vouch to that and by the look of things there is a lot more growing pains to come. Which reminds me of a quote made by I think Thomas Jefferson "The tree of freedom must at times be fertilized by the blood of patriots" which leads into the quote "Freedom isn't Free".

Ruck your right, there is no law that makes it mandatory that you must vote and yes I'm sure you did hear it all, just like all Americans did. The problem is that you weren't listening, so I'm going to do you a favor and remind you of a word I'm sure you have heard before. In the Army this word is drilled into us from boot camp till the end of our military carrier, since the Marines often say they are the best of the best, I'm sure you have heard of this word before.

That word is ethic, according to Daniel Webster ethic means science of morals; moral principles, rules of conduct. Which means knowing the difference between right and wrong, then doing what's right. It is wrong for me or you to not exercise our right to vote when so many gave their lives for us to have that right, it is unethical not to vote. The same can be said about Jesus, Jesus gave his life for us and it would be unethical if we don't do our best to follow God's laws.

The same can be said about abortion, there shouldn't even be a issue about abortion. No matter what someone may say about abortion, we all know in our hearts that God says it's wrong and it pains him that we are making an issue out of abortion. Abortion is unethical, book closed.

What dose race have to do with voting? Freedom is Something I don't speak of lightly and a part of that freedom is the right to vote, I don't see any barrier that should keep any person in this country from voting. Our country had some growing pains since 1776, our ancestors will vouch to that and by the look of things there is a lot more growing pains to come. Which reminds me of a quote made by I think Thomas Jefferson "The tree of freedom must at times be fertilized by the blood of patriots" which leads into the quote "Freedom isn't Free".

Ruck your right, there is no law that makes it mandatory that you must vote and yes I'm sure you did hear it all, just like all Americans did. The problem is that you weren't listening, so I'm going to do you a favor and remind you of a word I'm sure you have heard before. In the Army this word is drilled into us from boot camp till the end of our military carrier, since the Marines often say they are the best of the best, I'm sure you have heard of this word before.

That word is ethic, according to Daniel Webster ethic means science of morals; moral principles, rules of conduct. Which means knowing the difference between right and wrong, then doing what's right. It is wrong for me or you to not exercise our right to vote when so many gave their lives for us to have that right, it is unethical not to vote. The same can be said about Jesus, Jesus gave his life for us and it would be unethical if we don't do our best to follow God's laws.

The same can be said about abortion, there shouldn't even be a issue about abortion. No matter what someone may say about abortion, we all know in our hearts that God says it's wrong and it pains him that we are making an issue out of abortion. Abortion is unethical, book closed.

"There's none so blind as he who will not see"....author unknown. :rolleyes:

MorningGlory you say there has been nobody worth voting on in past election. I voted but I didn't vote for any the gentlemen you mention. Did you ever hear of third party candidates? I voted third party and I know voting on a third party candidate is like betting on a horse that has no chance of winning the race. The fact is by voting third party I was making a statement that said I'm not happy with the way either party is running the show in Washington.

If more disgruntled people would go to the polls and vote third party, sooner or later one of the two main party candidates are going to change their way of thinking. That candidate is going to say "you know if I change my platform, I can win over those third party voters". I think President Reagan did a good job of winning over third party and some democratic voters back in the eighties. Lets face it Politicians are only interested in votes and if you don't vote, your voice isn't being heard. How else is your voice going to be heard in a bigger way? Surely not by arguing about it over a forum. :)

Now tell me who is blind and can not see?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

Not a military man myself but I have done many tours with the Cub Scouts. :laugh:

:):taped::laugh:

have to dodge them paint balls, did ya gauntlet?

:laugh:

Those were good times. Too bad I don't remember them.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

Not a military man myself but I have done many tours with the Cub Scouts. :taped:

:) Are you decorated too?

As a matter of fact, yes. With my Dad's help, I earned many merit badges. That was a long time ago, however. I really don't remember much from that time. My memory is not so good because of all the medications I have to take on a daily basis.

Ruck, how did I know you would come back with your last post? If you would of read my post real carefully you would of seen I wrote our country had some very bad growing pains. Freedom isn't easy to obtain, if it were the whole world would be living free and we would need war no more. The way your mother and grandmother and the rest of your ancestors back through time were treated was very, very wrong and I believe through God's will we corrected the situation and it cost a lot of lives to get where we are today. We must not forget the past, neither should we keep looking back to the past, we must focus on the future and try to keep any future growing pains from being so deadly, no matter what that pain may be.

As far as sitting on the bus, Ruck you can sit on the bus anywhere you damn well please, your an American. :)

MorningGlory you say there has been nobody worth voting on in past election. I voted but I didn't vote for any the gentlemen you mention. Did you ever hear of third party candidates? I voted third party and I know voting on a third party candidate is like betting on a horse that has no chance of winning the race. The fact is by voting third party I was making a statement that said I'm not happy with the way either party is running the show in Washington.

If more disgruntled people would go to the polls and vote third party, sooner or later one of the two main party candidates are going to change their way of thinking. That candidate is going to say "you know if I change my platform, I can win over those third party voters". I think President Reagan did a good job of winning over third party and some democratic voters back in the eighties. Lets face it Politicians are only interested in votes and if you don't vote, your voice isn't being heard. How else is your voice going to be heard in a bigger way? Surely not by arguing about it over a forum. :cool:

Now tell me who is blind and can not see?

Nah; you tell me.

Did I ever hear of third party candidates? Uh, yeah, I almost voted for Bob Barr. And I know about the Green Party and the Communist Party candidates as well. As my Grandma used to say "I was born at night....but not LAST night". :huh:

Ruck if you read my post to MorningGlory you should understand why I say that if one isn't happy with the way either party is running our government, vote third party to make a statement. Without repeating myself just read that post.

Ruck, how did I know you would come back with your last post? If you would of read my post real carefully you would of seen I wrote our country had some very bad growing pains. Freedom isn't easy to obtain, if it were the whole world would be living free and we would need war no more. The way your mother and grandmother and the rest of your ancestors back through time were treated was very, very wrong and I believe through God's will we corrected the situation and it cost a lot of lives to get where we are today. We must not forget the past, neither should we keep looking back to the past, we must focus on the future and try to keep any future growing pains from being so deadly, no matter what that pain may be.

As far as sitting on the bus, Ruck you can sit on the bus anywhere you damn well please, your an American. :cool:

I think Ruck is saying he gets flack from his family and friends about all the stuff his older relatives had to go through to ensure that right for him and then he doesn't use it. He's not saying he can't vote or any of that; he's saying that yes, they went through a lot to give him his right to vote but also to not vote if that's what he wants to do.....honestly, I'm just going to have to :huh: .....again!