• Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

An Exegesis of 1 Timothy 2:12-15

Timothy 2:12 once more

Perhaps this may shed some light on the subject.

This was also an interesting read. Titus2women

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

I am a Titus 2 woman, nothing is going to change that so I am just going to stay out of this thread for fear of it turning out like the recent other ones.

Thanks for the article jehovah nissi, but I disagree with his views and I also don't use the NIV so I can't be persuaded here.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

what is the role of women in the church today and why?

what was happening in the Corinthian church that caused Paul to say to women that they should keep silent?

Was there any cultural aspect to be considered?

Welcome to Worthy nikeyboy!

You asked a mouth full. Can you be more specific?

Glad to be with you

God is not an author of confusion but of peace (1 Cor 14:33)

Was the problem that was occurring not one of women speaking out their opinions all over the place and inquiring many things which were disrupting the peace and harmony of the assembly and therefore causing confusion?

In the Corinthian church, all believers including women were of course allowed to exercise their spiritual gifts such prophesying, speaking in tongues and interpretation of tongues, etc, however all the believers were instructed to do this one by one (I Cor 14:31) and not all at the same time which indeed causes confusion; and women are not just to speak out anything but learn to be submissive and inquire from their husbands at home if there's something that they don't understand. However, women are not to be doormats who can't participate in the assembly using their spiritual gifts according to the leading of the Holy Spirit as long as everything is done decently and in order.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

So what caused Paul to say that to Timothy? Do you know the history behind it at all? Do you know what was happening in the church that Timothy was preaching in to cause Paul to say this? Just wondering.

J

it's not about the women in Corinth doin something in specific.

women over men happens over time. it is such as common

trend that God has addressed this many times.

i.e.

Amos 4:1

Hear this word, you cows of Bashan on Mount Samaria, you women who oppress the poor and crush the

needy and say to your husbands, "Bring us some drinks!"

Isaiah 3

12 Youths oppress my people,

women rule over them.

O my people, your guides lead you astray;

they turn you from the path.

a role was implemented back since Adam and Eve. Women "over" men is not anything new that

God is addressing to Corinth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Shalom,

Whooo Boy! Here we go again! :thumbsup:

Honeybee, I agree with you! However, as Bibs has said, this topic causes a great deal of people to get their knockers in knots! :emot-LOL: So, you ask the right question, just be upset if people freak out over it.

G-d bless you Sister!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Perhaps I am reading it wrong but the verse you quoted doesn't seem to contradict what the other verses in question have said about leadership or teaching. This verse tells us, from what I am reading, that as far as the "promise" goes, Jesus does not differentiate as long as you have been baptised.

As I said ... When we are in Christ, as in the spirit, then Galatians is true, but in the flesh, it is not. We, being in the flesh, have to obey the word of God as it is written, and follow what Paul had written to Timothy, instructing him in how to fill these positions in the church.

Galatians 3:27-29

For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

In Christ, which is in the spirit, there is no difference in race, sex, or social standard, for example. We are all equal. Is there a difference between a man and a woman in the flesh? Yes, for we are male and female. God set up the family for a man to provide and protect, being the head of the household, and the woman gave birth and nurtured the child. Can this be done in the spirit? No, for in the spirit we are the same, no sex.

In the flesh is there a difference between the Jewish people and the rest of the world? Yes, for only the Jewish are the true people God choose, but in the spirit, we are one. The same goes for the slave and the free.

Everything that was spoken to us in Galatians 3:27-29 was pointing to as being in the spirit. Even though we are truly Gods people in spirit, we are still in this world and need to follow how God had set it up accordingly. To walk around thinking that there is neither male nor female is unrealistic. Since this is not true, then we have to follow the example set forth in scripture and see that the neither/nor is for the spirit.

Because we are still in this world, He has set up standards for leadership. If you read the qualifications for the bishops, elders and deacons, it is male orientated and states that man is to lead. This is Gods plan and has been since the very beginning of His word.

So the question still stands ... "Why has the modern church abandoned the Bible?" Personally, I think part of the problem is pride and another part is the weakness of man to stand up and take the role that God has placed in front of him to do. It is so simple and easy to just sit back and say "What is it going to hurt? They can lead as good as most men I know!", leaving us astray from how God instructed through Paul in his letters to Timothy and Titus. If all scripture is God breathed, so are these.

Shalom,

The role of women ( as requested ) is to teach women:

Titus 2: 3-5

3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, 4and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

As well as service within the church. Women in our church have PLENTY to do in the Kingdom and in service to the L-rd! However, Scriptures do NOT allow for a woman to be a pastor or spiritual leader of a church or congregation.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

what is the role of women in the church today and why?

what was happening in the Corinthian church that caused Paul to say to women that they should keep silent?

Was there any cultural aspect to be considered?

Welcome to Worthy nikeyboy!

You asked a mouth full. Can you be more specific?

Glad to be with you

God is not an author of confusion but of peace (1 Cor 14:33)

Was the problem that was occurring not one of women speaking out their opinions all over the place and inquiring many things which were disrupting the peace and harmony of the assembly and therefore causing confusion?

In the Corinthian church, all believers including women were of course allowed to exercise their spiritual gifts such prophesying, speaking in tongues and interpretation of tongues, etc, however all the believers were instructed to do this one by one (I Cor 14:31) and not all at the same time which indeed causes confusion; and women are not just to speak out anything but learn to be submissive and inquire from their husbands at home if there's something that they don't understand. However, women are not to be doormats who can't participate in the assembly using their spiritual gifts according to the leading of the Holy Spirit as long as everything is done decently and in order.

I agree with what you stated. Yet, by the title of the thread, we are discussing the role of women being pastors, not the spiritual gifts. Women have always been an important part in Gods plan. This is proven all through the scriptures. But the question arises if God meant for a women to be the head of the church, having authority over the church, in particular, over men?

• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

well I am not a Titus 2 woman...

I am a warrior for Christ, :wub:

I am a bride of the Shephard, :blink:

I am a daughter of the King Most High, :emot-highfive:

I am a son of God, :emot-highfive:

I am a priest by the order of Christ by the order of Melchizedek :emot-highfive:

I am a minister to the Lord :emot-highfive:

I am neither male nor female, greek nor jew :emot-highfive:

by the blood of Christ I have been given authority and wisdom over all matters and need not be shackled by man and their silliness.... :whistling:

Christ is all inclusive and none have to settle for what man says is so, for we have been made a bit lower than the angels, we are judges and we are the body. Christ is the foundation and the root...He and the Father are one, He and the Father and I are one..we are of one mind and one body.... :emot-highfive::emot-highfive:

ya'all wanna settle for being positioned by man, have at er...I will not have boundries placed on me by any ya'all!! woohoo, freeedommmmmm!! :thumbsup:

Joy to the World the Lord has COME!!! :emot-highfive:

how's that for biblical?? :laugh:

blessings all :)

I am a Titus 2 woman, nothing is going to change that so I am just going to stay out of this thread for fear of it turning out like the recent other ones.

Thanks for the article jehovah nissi, but I disagree with his views and I also don't use the NIV so I can't be persuaded here.

Shalom Pearl!

Amen, from one Titus 2 woman to another. G-d bless you Sister!

As for the article, an opinion is like a belly button. Every BODY has one! :wub: I'll stick with the Bible over some guy.