Guest LadyC

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I don't want to look like I'm telling anyone what to do, but for me, I'll say this.

A true follower of Jesus, founded firmly in His word, being filled and led by His Spirit, having the fruits of His Spirit should have the love and commitment to reach out to anyone who needs help, willing to go the extra mile in love, as He did.

God knows our problems better then anyone you will ever find. He also knows the right person who has been through the trials and tribulations that you are going through that is more then willing to walk beside you for as long as it takes. This is what makes us different from the world ... His Love, His Leading and His Blessings. Without these, we have no hope.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Great discussion going here, gang. One Light, I'm glad to know that you are personally able to move in the leading of the Spirit in helping others, and please understand my reaction was directed at your words as a global statement. I also agree that "educated" is sometimes just foolishness and pride with letters behind names. I was very frustrated during my internship with all the different theoretical models being used on the unsuspecting clients! I admit that I am extremely cautious about secular AND Christian therapists. It is a crap shoot choosing a therapist because people are flawed regardless of training. A blessing indeed to find a Spirit-led therapist, and in spite of my earlier statements, I have met astoundingly wonderful and effective people in the church who love and support others more effectively than therapists. Having said that, therapy isn't about loving as much as it is working through issues and aiming for insight and developmental growth. It's a good thing that we have a God we can trust and rely on cause it's a jungle out there!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

A true follower of Jesus, founded firmly in His word, being filled and led by His Spirit, having the fruits of His Spirit should have the love and commitment to reach out to anyone who needs help, willing to go the extra mile in love, as He did.

God knows our problems better then anyone you will ever find. He also knows the right person who has been through the trials and tribulations that you are going through that is more then willing to walk beside you for as long as it takes. This is what makes us different from the world ... His Love, His Leading and His Blessings. Without these, we have no hope.

It is about God equipping us all at the right time for the right situation when we listen and are obediant to that small (and sometimes not so small) voice within. Unfortunatley thought the catch phrase of "Equipping The Saints" these days is a disguise in many cases for "Equipping Another's Extravegant Lifestyle".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I have seen it work vey well in some churches

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

its been a known ministry from missouri I believe and has been around ever since I can remember.

There is a church I know not of this ministry but in 'equipping the saints' include layman teaching and preaching, prophesy, church politics, evangelizing, and the such so The people of God in his chrch can find where Jesus has called them and fit in.

I think its excellent.