Mamato3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Without commenting one way or another, may I ask if anyone has found scripture that tells us to get a tattoo or that it is OK to have one? I've seen the scripture that speaks against it already.

Hasn't the passage from Leviticus been dealt with already?

Yes it has IMO. If I am understanding OneLight correctly, he is not asking about that passage but rather asking if there is a 'positive' passage.

Maybe these can be considered as positive passages, or as stated exceptions to Leviticus:

(I'll toss it out for thought anyway)

Eze 9:4 (mark in forehead) An "inkhorn" is not a needle that would leave a scar, but rather something that can be removed.

Rev 9:4 (mark in forehead) This is of God, not man ... and it is His seal, not a tattoo.

These may not be an acceptable fit, but if taken literally a mark is a mark, but the best permission is Romans 14:14, in fact all of Romans 14. Maybe if it is a Godly mark it's OK. Or if it is a pagan mark, not OK.

If God so hates a mark, why would he cause it to be done? Why even figuratively?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Without commenting one way or another, may I ask if anyone has found scripture that tells us to get a tattoo or that it is OK to have one? I've seen the scripture that speaks against it already.

Hasn't the passage from Leviticus been dealt with already?

Yes it has IMO. If I am understanding OneLight correctly, he is not asking about that passage but rather asking if there is a 'positive' passage.

Maybe these can be considered as positive passages, or as stated exceptions to Leviticus:

(I'll toss it out for thought anyway)

Eze 9:4 (mark in forehead) An "inkhorn" is not a needle that would leave a scar, but rather something that can be removed.

Rev 9:4 (mark in forehead) This is of God, not man ... and it is His seal, not a tattoo.

These may not be an acceptable fit, but if taken literally a mark is a mark, but the best permission is Romans 14:14, in fact all of Romans 14. Maybe if it is a Godly mark it's OK. Or if it is a pagan mark, not OK.

If God so hates a mark, why would he cause it to be done? Why even figuratively?

And where does it say in Leviticus that they should not make a "nonremovable" mark on their bodies? I think the same standard of being strictly literal in interpretation for Leviticus should be then applied to all other verses. However one is interpreting scripture it should be consistent.

Edited by nonameleft

-

Edited by nonameleft

-

I hope you did not take my reply as a personal attack. It was not meant to be one at all. We are discussing tattoos ...

-

I hope you did not take my reply as a personal attack. It was not meant to be one at all. We are discussing tattoos ...

No, I did not take it as personal. I had a thought or two, but now I see I am making doubtful disputations and going the wrong direction. I'm sorry about that. I shouldn't have brought up those verses. But I did look and there are no verses I could find that directly state tattoos are OK.

-

No, I did not take it as personal. I had a thought or two, but now I see I am making doubtful disputations and going the wrong direction. I'm sorry about that. I shouldn't have brought up those verses. But I did look and there are no verses I could find that directly state tattoos are OK.

:glare:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/25/1949

Hi everyone!

It seems as though I have a question a day!

I am wondering if you think tattoos are sinful? I read a quick line about it in the Old Testament...I wish I could find all these lines that catch my eye. I should mark my Bible!

So many people have them today - do you think it is a sin? I have one - a lotus flower and my kids' names written in Sanskrit - and would love to get more but I don't want to commit a sin knowingly. I got that one last summer before becoming Christian. My husband has tons of tattoos.

I had a dream last night I was going to get a beautiful cross tattoo - and I mean it was BEAUTIFUL. Exactly the one I would get if I were to get another. That's where I got the idea to ask all you knowedgable Christians what you think about tattoos!

Thanks!

Man,some tattoes are just revolting...I mean,snakes,dragons and similar junkerella..aah ahh:)

and also growing old they look so"tatty" :whistling:

old croc skin:)

no,I don't think they are sinful but ugly...my 5c...

I 'd rather have The Lord engrave my heart with the Fire of His Holy Spirit....my"NEW"heart I mean...:24:

Ciao:)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Do you practice orthodox Judaism?

No Sir, <cough choke splutter>

I am a Christian. A simple follower of the Way, one of the Israel of God.

So then you're a Chrsitian who also follows the mosaic law? I'm afraid I'm not understanding your previous statement with regard to mixed threads?

No. I am Christian who upholds the law. I am saved by grace through faith alone, and even my faith is a gift from God.

Romans 3:31; Ephesians 2:8-10.

I personally do not wear mixed threads. That is my choice, it does not save me, it does not make me righteous, it is simply a choice that I have made.

For a woman especially in this day and age, it is a choice that would be very hard. Again though, it is a personal choice that I have made.

In His love,

Richard

Okay. Just getting some clarification. Thanks. :whistling:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I've not seen any Scriptures that speak against heavy metal music either. :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Okay. Just getting some clarification. Thanks. :whistling:

Not a problem. At times I do not say things as well as I should or in the manner that I meant them. Please always feel free to question something I have said.