Mamato3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Butero is a good fellow without a doubt. He is passionate. I like him, but he needs a body guard. I suggested he needed more 300lb friends like me.

Shalom Ddavid! :whistling::thumbsup:

Amen!! And a few friends like me (I'm not telling my weight!)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God looks at both the outward appearance and our heart. You are taking a scripture out-of-context.

Shalom Butero,

Amen! Gee, maybe I shoulda read all your posts before I posted saying the same thing as you! :whistling:

Thank you.

The Bible was speaking of Saul as opposed to David, and was making the point that just because a man is big in stature and looks like a leader, it doesn't mean he is. Saul looked like a man who would be a great king, but he was not. David's brothers looked like good candidates as well, but God chose David, even though he didn't appear to be a good choice looking at his outward appearance. This has nothing at all to do with things like clothing, jewelry, make-up, hair length or style, or even tattoos.

Exactly.

If older folks are staring at her tattoo in judgement, then she has placed a stumblingblock in front of them. In addition, to point out that the Bible speaks out against something is not judgeing someone. I know of a lot of people with tattoos, and have not made any judgement on whether they are going to heaven or hell based on it. All judgement has been left to Jesus, but at the same time, we have his Word to tell us right from wrong. In this thread, a sincere Christian asked for our opinion on whether or not it is right to get a tattoo. This person stated they have tattoos already. I have not judged that person to hell for having tattoos. I am only answering their question, based on my interpretation of scripture.

Shalom,

Amen.

Well if you're stumbling, then you are the weaker brother. It's time to become stronger and see the bigger picture and grow up a bit.

Shalom Artsy,

Sorry, that's not what the Scriptures state we are to do. You just said it doesn't matter what we think, it only matters what G-d thinks. Right?

And then you post something that is opposite of what G-d says.

So, I believe we should treat those who stumble with the love, grace and respect that G-d commands.

Romans 14

3Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. 4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

AND, we are not to knowingly cause another to stumble by our actions:

13 Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother. 14I know and am persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself, but it is unclean for anyone who thinks it unclean. 15For if your brother is grieved by what you eat, you are no longer walking in love. By what you eat, do not destroy the one for whom Christ died. 16 So do not let what you regard as good be spoken of as evil. 17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and(Y) peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18Whoever thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men. 19So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

I'm sorry if I'm coming down hard but I'm just getting frustrated with these issues that are so very minor when we Christians are fighting a battle that is so much bigger than ink on a person's skin.

Shalom Artsy,

If you are getting frustrated by this discussion, then perhaps it's time for you to step back. Just a thought. :whistling: NO reason to get your knickers in a knot over people sharing their Scriptural beliefs, even if they do differ from yours.

If you don't consider it important, you are certainly welcome to skip it.

However, perhaps others may consider the issue important and we must be considerate of them as well.

Who said I was stumbling over it? You mentioned older people in general. The Bible states that a person who places a stumbling block in front of them is not walking charitably. You can say they should grow up, but the Bible also places responsibility on the one doing the offending.

You say you are getting frustrated with these issues when they are minor in your mind, but they are not minor to everyone else. The person who started the thread had a sincere question. It wasn't minor to them. They want people's honest opinions, and I was simply giving mine, like everyone else was. If someone doesn't want honest opinions, they shouldn't ask. What I see happening is that those who think tattoos are ok are mad when anyone gives an opinion that they are not. I have every bit as much right to say they are wrong as you do to make light of the matter.

Shalom Butero,

Amen. You DO have every right, as does every other person here. If someone doesn't care about this topic, they can skip it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Who said I was stumbling over it? You mentioned older people in general. The Bible states that a person who places a stumbling block in front of them is not walking charitably. You can say they should grow up, but the Bible also places responsibility on the one doing the offending.

You say you are getting frustrated with these issues when they are minor in your mind, but they are not minor to everyone else. The person who started the thread had a sincere question. It wasn't minor to them. They want people's honest opinions, and I was simply giving mine, like everyone else was. If someone doesn't want honest opinions, they shouldn't ask. What I see happening is that those who think tattoos are ok are mad when anyone gives an opinion that they are not. I have every bit as much right to say they are wrong as you do to make light of the matter.

Shalom Butero,

Amen. You DO have every right, as does every other person here. If someone doesn't care about this topic, they can skip it.

If a person wants to wear tattoos, its their business. They just shouldn't wear them on Sunday :thumbsup::whistling:

If you think this topic is so unimportant, why do you spend so much time arguing about it?

:thumbsup::whistling::wub: Shalom Butero,

LOL! exactly, spot on!

I posted my opinion, and the result was that this unimportant topic has increased dramatically in posts trying to show that I am wrong. If it was not important, I would think people would have just shrugged what I said off, and gone on to important topics.

Right. :whistling:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813

Stick with the milk if you will.

Just don't freak out on the next generation because they do thinks differently than you do, because they will and they'll be better at it too.

When I said tattooing was an unimportant issue, I meant it SHOULD be an unimportant issue - a personal decision that we have no say in.

You can have the last words, because I know you won't change your mind.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813

If a person wants to wear tattoos, its their business. They just shouldn't wear them on Sunday

:)