• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1966

Levi... he was the fellow who made jeans so popular, wasn't he?

:laugh:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I have a whole bunch but after the dogbite it really hurts to type..You can carry on if you like with whatever you have..

The Lord would probably want you too ( or the enemy is trying to stop me)

Be my hand Nebula for now or we can wait. Your infor is always great and any one else can join in.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

interesting: Common names of Levite families today include Levy, Levin, Lewis, etc. i found this on a web site called cohen-levi.org.

and this: Acts 4

36 For instance, there was Joseph, the one the apostles nicknamed Barnabas (which means

Very interesting about barnabas...that is wild if you think about it for a while..

We should be able to see Jesus in all the tribes and I find that Jesus is easily seen in LEVI.

The perfect priest forever interceding for us, the Ultimate mediator between God and man as well as the mediator betwee earth and heaven. Glory! thank-you Jesus.

Levis' symbol is the breastplate which holds the twelve different stones of the tribes of israel joining Manassah and Ephraim under Joesephs name. In exodus 28:15 i believe it is called a breastplate of judgement

Exodus 28:29... "And Aaron shall carry the names of the sons of Israel in the breastplate of judgement over his heart

when He enters the Holy place, for a memorial befor the Lord continually.

This word continually is Tamiyd...as a noun it comes from a not known root. But as a adjective it is used at least 100 times. It means perpetually. Just like the bread in the temple was always there. Jesus is always there praying always.

It shows the tenderness of the Lord God had towards His people and still has.. ever on His heart. It did not matter what they did... and they were fastened to the ephod.

That is the same with those who have been grafted in. That type of love that God has for us I doubt we can ever comprehend yet we believe it. I often wondered many time as a younger christiian and sometimes today why God loves me. He just does.

The person whom has a levite spirit can carry the burden of the Lord without ever laying it down. They are ever so faithful

to the burden of heart they obtain from their father. Jesus also has dedicated and gave His life to us.

I hope there is not one here who may lost sight of their call they have been given... and if so I pray for new vision to be give and restore the burden with zeal in Jesus name.

In our walks we look to Jesus and ask him what he wants us to do.. Many are called but few are chosen. I wonder ir it is because of a lack od dedication or a lost vision. We need vision to keep us going.

The breastplate stays on and is only removed after leaving the tabernacle, never worn ornamentally. Continually bringing the people into the Glory of God. The Light of the Lord shown upon all those stones revealing the purity as well as the flaws. The eyes of the Lord will never be decieved and niether will a LeviteI just want to say that not every Levite had this ministry of high priest. Some of them had other ministries. we can look later if you guys want.

The gemstone is next-- any one can jump in here--i have carbuncle which is a deep red garnet....My han feels better after two motrin and I am glad to get back here. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Sorry, Patricia - I didn't know you had a nasty dogbite. :mgfrog::whistling:

Prayers for quick healing!

Reuben - "A son....A new beginning" (raah meaning to make to enjoy; to present ben anointed one a son)

Reuben signified to me Salvation and a new beginning in Christ Jesus that I obtained through the cross, happy in that joyous love affair with Jesus.

Symbol - the sun or blossoming...a new beginning as the sun is the beginning of a new day

Breastplate stone - sardius (or ruby)

Simeon - "he hears" (shimown (shim-one) one who hears and obeys)

Simeonites could hear those nudgings that some cannot hear. You do not have to tell them more than once. It must be a breath of fresh air for the Lord to command a Simeonite.

But they learn the things they learn from rebellion and suffering, yet they become a Spirit led , controlled by God tribe. (Hebrews 5:8)

Symbol - the pitcher and dagger...the earthen vessel & a hand to hand combat weapon; crucifying that flesh, Simeon is a mighty warrior

Breastplate stone - topaz = wisdom ("the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom")

Levi - "Joined, fastened to, devoted to, united, knotted"

The person whom has a levite spirit can carry the burden of the Lord without ever laying it down. They are ever so faithful to the burden of heart they obtain from their father.

Symbol - the breastplate which holds the twelve different stones of the tribes of Israel (breastplate of judgment)

Breastplate stone -

So, if I read this correctly, the Levites of the body of Christ are most likely the ones we call "intercessors" - those whose ministry is prayer and intercessions? (I know people who have this calling.)

Well for stones, we seem to have our choice between:

Bareket (beryl)

Carbuncle - a beautiful gem of a rich red color found in the East Indies. When held up to the sun, it loses its deep tinge and becomes the color of a burning coal. Sometimes, the name is applied to the Ruby, Sapphire, Red Spinel and Garnet. Also called Firestone.

Agate - Red, White, and Black Striped

Sorry, Patricia - I didn't know you had a nasty dogbite. :cool::whistling:

Prayers for quick healing!

Thanks nebula, yeah demondog got me hahaha. The tetanus shot site is lumpy and itchy. thats by left shoulder. :thumbsup:

So, if I read this correctly, the Levites of the body of Christ are most likely the ones we call "intercessors" - those whose ministry is prayer and intercessions? (I know people who have this calling.)

I would say Yes..but greater is the High calling to mediate as well. Remember when Moses changed the mind of God? I think that is the only place and he did it by reminding God of His promise. We all get called at times when we are burden to pray something through. Intercession is ever so needed and a thankless job at times...one of the calls not very showy...and you can ask for prayer and know they will pray. We may all see some attributes we have familiarity with in each tribe but there is one tribe ususally that will stand out.

i will be back...