• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

IF a husband leaves his wife for whatever reason and she's left alone with their children or child. Can she remarry? Will this cause whomever she marries to sin as adultery? How does this work?

damo1

high there

if reconsilation does not work and the husband does not want to reconcile with the wife then you need to move on and alow god to heal you

the reason i am saying this i went threw this my self were i oppted for reconciliation my x wife did not want to do this or did she want to op for marriage counsling i knew what it said in gods word and i knew the views other chrstians will have on this very touchy subject as it can get blown our of preportion if the people do not know the situation but can only go by what they hear or what is said by one party

a lot of it though was also my fault yet me and my x wife are good friends she is re maried and her husband is a good kind gentle man my son trusts him and he is the right person for her me and my x wife are very close friends as we have seen we are better of as friends as our relationship was very rocky with a lot of arguments on both sides not just from me we were too head strong that means our arguments went on to the next day

know when she needs to talk she talks to me which is very strange as i told her she should be talking to her partner but he is ok with this as i am ethans father and he is only ethans step father and wil not take that role off me

i am about to be re married and its my choice and not by what my christian friends have to say as i was on my own since 2000 as this is when my divorce came threw i met my new partner threw a christian singles sight on jan the 18 2006 and i love the women that god has given me as my partner is a single pastor who also broke of a relationship with another pastor she was involved with they were not married only boy friend girl friend i told my new partner about my divorce and what happend and i told her about my son and she is ok with this and very caring and supportive

i would go by what the spirit is saying and would not go by peoples reactions if you are happy and have moved on and have found some one and you feel they are right for you and the kids are happy then go for it with out having others tell you what you should be doing

i am just being me and i try not to join in and try to get the person to see it by what others say this is not right to do this as only god knows were the person is at and he wil not punish you or place a curse on you as i have heard some christians say this wil happen also i have heard that we are too stay single yes it does say this in the bible you can only op for divorce if the husband has committed adultry or if your partner has died you are free to re marry but if he is stil alive you are to stay single this is the law and is practised in some countrys

as i said go by your gut feelings and not what people want you to do you are your own person

as i dont know if its you or a friend of yours asking this question

god bles from damo

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/05/1975

IF a husband leaves his wife for whatever reason and she's left alone with their children or child. Can she remarry? Will this cause whomever she marries to sin as adultery? How does this work?

damo1

high there

if reconsilation does not work and the husband does not want to reconcile with the wife then you need to move on and alow god to heal you

the reason i am saying this i went threw this my self were i oppted for reconciliation my x wife did not want to do this or did she want to op for marriage counsling i knew what it said in gods word and i knew the views other chrstians will have on this very touchy subject as it can get blown our of preportion if the people do not know the situation but can only go by what they hear or what is said by one party

a lot of it though was also my fault yet me and my x wife are good friends she is re maried and her husband is a good kind gentle man my son trusts him and he is the right person for her me and my x wife are very close friends as we have seen we are better of as friends as our relationship was very rocky with a lot of arguments on both sides not just from me we were too head strong that means our arguments went on to the next day

know when she needs to talk she talks to me which is very strange as i told her she should be talking to her partner but he is ok with this as i am ethans father and he is only ethans step father and wil not take that role off me

i am about to be re married and its my choice and not by what my christian friends have to say as i was on my own since 2000 as this is when my divorce came threw i met my new partner threw a christian singles sight on jan the 18 2006 and i love the women that god has given me as my partner is a single pastor who also broke of a relationship with another pastor she was involved with they were not married only boy friend girl friend i told my new partner about my divorce and what happend and i told her about my son and she is ok with this and very caring and supportive

i would go by what the spirit is saying and would not go by peoples reactions if you are happy and have moved on and have found some one and you feel they are right for you and the kids are happy then go for it with out having others tell you what you should be doing

i am just being me and i try not to join in and try to get the person to see it by what others say this is not right to do this as only god knows were the person is at and he wil not punish you or place a curse on you as i have heard some christians say this wil happen also i have heard that we are too stay single yes it does say this in the bible you can only op for divorce if the husband has committed adultry or if your partner has died you are free to re marry but if he is stil alive you are to stay single this is the law and is practised in some countrys

as i said go by your gut feelings and not what people want you to do you are your own person

as i dont know if its you or a friend of yours asking this question

god bles from damo

Thank you damo! Thank you so much!

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  161
  • Birthday:  11/05/1975

My heart goes out and will pray as I too have a similar situation and 3 kiddos !

I'll pray for your situation as well!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

What about reconciliation? :th_praying:

Exactly, after every possible avenue of reconciliation has been attempted and your pastor or spiritual advisor releases you from the covenant pursue a legal divorce. IMO and personal expereince regrettably you need strong objective, spiritual counsel to deem the marriage to be dead. Moving slowly and with spiritual responsibility is crucial to your current marriage and any possibility of contentment in a future relationship.

I see but what if the husband that wants out doesn't even want to reconcile or doesn't even want to go to church anymore? Can God forgive?

Yes Remember it was the church who put the marriage together, the church should determine when it is dead.

first and formost are you both christians? Second God does permit divorce in cases of adultry . Third if there is no chance of reconciliation and both parties are christians then divorce is the least desirable postition. It is better to be seperated than divorced. BTW the church may perform the ceremony but God ordains it. And the words what God has joined together let NO MAN put asunder is something to be considered too.

Guest Greg Davies

I Cor 7:15 tells is that if the unbeliever departs, let him depart, a brother or sister is not in bondage in such cases ( that means they are free to remarry). Paul's council here is based on the the fact marriage vows have been broken, therefore the covenant is broken. Jesus declared that divorce is allowed for the hardness of heart which is the unrepentant breaking of marriage vows.

It doesn't matter if the person who abandoned their family knew the Lord or not. I Tim 5:8 tells us that if a believer doesn't take care of his family that he is worse than a unbeliever, so the above reference applies.

As has been said before in other posts, much prayer, council, and forgiveness should be excercised before divorce is decided upon and the guilty party should be given every opportunity to repent. But in the end, the one who has been abandonded has the scriptual right to be free and remarry. Verses 27 and 28 in I Cor 7 tell us that if we are loosed (divorced) we do not sin if we remarry. The sin is when someone breaks their marriage vows and violates the covenant. Modern marriage vows can be traced back to Eph 5:29 which has it OT roots in Ex 21:10. In their simplest form, we vow the feed, clothe, and be faithful to our spouse. Jesus' exception in Matt 19:9 is rooted the the faithfulness vow and Paul's council refered to above is rooted in the other two, to feed and clothe.

Edited by Greg Davies

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  127

So many excellent replies.

There is a site that I think is very insightful:

http://theophilus.org/divorce.html

Moses, under the law, allowed divorce for hardness of heart - and there is much hardness of heart in the world these days.

Although remarriage is allowed, be careful, as it may not be best. I have read of studies that show the children fare better without remarriage than with. Of course, there are many factors. Following the leading of our Father is always best.

It is not easy or fun to have "one flesh" ripped apart. My heart goes out to the family. They will be in my prayers.

Sal