• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.68
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I was just wondering if anyone who comes here knows and listens to Dr. Charles Stanley and InTouch Ministries? My wife and I watch him every week and I was just wanting to find some fellow listeners on Worthy. Maybe even discussing his sermons and Life Principles.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I have been watching him for years. Even before he spoke in the Holy Spirits language I have never found him lacking? I am too busy to watch him now but if a good discussion gets going i will google the sermon. :whistling:

I've watched him for years, and he seems to be okay. He's been around for a long time, and is one of very few people I'll listen to on TBN.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

I have been watching him for years. Even before he spoke in the Holy Spirits language I have never found him lacking? I am too busy to watch him now but if a good discussion gets going i will google the sermon. :whistling:

I watch him just about every Sunday morning before Church. Yet, I did not know he believed in the Holy Spirit's gifts. When he spoke of the Holy Spirit, we hit on everything except the gifts. I email him, but got only a nice reply from someone in his service, and no answer to my question. I like his teachings. They have a lot of maturity and wisdom in them.

What would you like to discuss?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

I have met Dr. Stanley and heard him speak about 10 years ago during his divorce crisis. I was critical of him then, not publicly but privately. Now I am divorced and see him with more empathy. If I had a chance to have a private conversation with him, I would tell him that. Interesting, the sermons you hear him do on TV/Radio are highly edited for time. When he speaks, he almost always speaks for at least an hour and often 90 minutes. He is very skinny and very tall and believe it or not doesn't speak at a very high volume. He spoke at Southeastern Theological Seminary at Wake Forrest NC. We have one of those fancy pulpits with a rail that creates a semi-circle. If you know Dr Stanley's style you know he is a pacer when he speaks. So when he took the pulpit, he stated, "I've never preached in a cage, but I'll try anything once". He spent all day with the students that day, and even cried and prayed with some of us.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I thought he and his wife reconciled. That's what it sounded like on his web site.