Ddavid from NC

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Eze 38:10-13 "Thus says the Lord God: "On that day it shall come to pass that thoughts will arise in your mind, and you will make an evil plan: You will say, 'I will go up..."

OK, So God knows those thoughts; He knows what they will say; He knows what the people will say in response, but the two teaspoons of sugar He can't see that one coming.

This is knowledge based on present conditions and past experiences. I didn

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Unred typo, I have noticed in other threads you elude to such rubbish, no disrespect intended, but I did not realize to what extent this disception has clouded your thinking. I have been saved for well over thirty years and I have never heard such ludricous thinking in all these years. To believe a certain interpertation of scripture is one thing, but you have no scripture to back up your ideas. You have placed limits on God because you cannot, in your limited thinking, acknowledge God is so much bigger and smarter than you. Even most of humankind can understand that our actions today can have a certain result tomorrow, that is within our limited, fallible thinking. You mean to say that God is not above our thinking, He's on the same wave length. I'm pretty sure it was the truth where the Bible says "His ways are not our ways, HIS THOUGHTS ARE NOT OUR THOUGHTS." sO THE gOD THAT CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH, THAT FLUNG THE STARS IN THE HEAVENS, THAT PREDESTINED US FROM THE BEGINNING OF TIME, WHO SAID HE IS THE ALPHA AND OMEGA, THE BEGINNING AND THE END, WHOSE EARTH IS HIS FOOTSTOOL, doesnot know the future? Sorry unred, but you need to do some serious soul searching, I may not know what the future holds, but I do know who holds the future.

I have never denied God

Omniscience means that God knows all things that are possible for Him to know. Your problem is that you cannot make a scriptural argument against God knowing our thoughts and choices even before we know them, yet the Bible asserts that He does and these verses have been presented to you.

This is an error in your perception of the meaning of time and the future. The future is not a place. The future is just a literary term to describe a abstract concept to speak of time that hasn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Using the blue letter bible I was not able to find the verse I was looking for.

Try here.

Isaiah 46:10

So all the prophesies that God gave the prophets in the OT about the coming of the Christ was a good guess? I read in a book, cannot remember the title right now, so I'm sorry about that, that one man fufilling all those prophesies exactly as they were fortold was a 1 in 100,000,000,000, 000 chance, yet Jesus did. So God was taking a shot in the dark? It was a ripple effect of Adam's sin in the garden? The only prophesies not yet fufilled are those of the end time. God knows all things in, times past, present, and future. Yes, He does give us free will, but He knows our choices in life ALREADY.

, because He has predestined us from the beginning of time. Unread, you said your self you have no scriptuarl standing for your theory, there fore your going outside of the Word for truth. So out side of the Truth, outside the Word, outside of God, scary place to be.

Rueben Hick wrote:

That is a very flowery statement, and now I have warm fuzzies

Good to see that you do subscribe, at least to a certain extent in strong determinism.

If you mean I believe everything, including every human act, is caused by something and that there is no real free will, you are completely wrong. I believe it is God

Sorry brother, if I sounded judgemental, I truly meant no disrespect in your belief. But I cannot fathom in my own mind how you believe in the awesomeness in our Divine God, yet question His ablilty to know every choice we make tomorrow, next week, or next year. Because the future is not the "Known thruth" , hope I quoted you correctly, for us does not mean it is beyond God's knowledge. So if we can believe that God is, was and always will be, where He had no beginning or ending, that He himself had no creator, how can we limit He's ability to know all things?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Yeh, Unred, we had a thread on this a while ago and I'll go along with your idea that the future doesn;t exist for our finite minds which are locked into an earthly time frame, but the future does exist for the Sovereign God, because He lives in it. Joe Bloggs didn't know yesuerday he was going to have a flatty (hypothetically) on his way to work, but I believe God knew days ago, and could have easily instigated it for a purpose known only to Himself.

No one knows when things are going erupt in the ME, but God does, because it's in His ordinances.

I believe He knows who is going to hell as a result of it and who He is going to protect and save for His new Kingdom. :emot-questioned: But as I say, that's only my take.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Just to reiterate. What Unred is articulating is Open Theism. For a discussion as to why this is not an accurate picture of God see Bruce Ware's God's Lesser Glory