• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/20/1976

Moved from General Discussion to Looking for Advise

Kewl. I apologize for placin' it in the wrong forum....me still learning my way around.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,786
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

well you are a better person than I am cos I am pretty sure I would have sent that email :P:P

Guest Greg Davies

Hi Tony,

It sounds like the Lord has gifted you wonderfully. There is a blessing when we sanctify our gifts to the Lord and I suspect this is where your pastor is coming from. Check out Heb. 13:17. Your pastor is just looking out for your best interests for your spiritual growth. He's not trying to control you, he just wants you to have a closer walk the Lord and to see your life glorify Him. The fact that this causes you so much anger and upsettedness reveales that this is a problem for you and you should humbly consider your pastor's council.

Greg.

The only thing I can add to the advice already given is that this issue should be between you and the pastor - period. The church secretary has no business in the equation. If gently telling her does not work, it may be necessary to be more firm in telling her to "butt out." Pray for guidance from the Lord and then have a long chat with the pastor.

:(

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." (Romans 10:9)

"For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come." (1 Thessalonians 1:9-10)

:24:

My pastor and our church clerk/secretary (who's also been on my case 'bout this) cornered me after church and my pastor point blank asked me:

My Pastor: Do you want God to bless you?

Me: Yes.

My Pastor: Well, get out of those bands.

:(

"Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.;" (Romans 12:14-21)

:24:

Dear Brother Please Do Not Fight With This Contentious Man And Please Do Not Sent Him A Letter

"Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.

And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

For there is no respect of persons with God." (Romans 2:1-11)

Please Just Take It Upstairs In Rejoicing, Prayer And Thanksgiving

"See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Quench not the Spirit.

Despise not prophesyings.

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Abstain from all appearance of evil." (1 Thessalonians 5:15-22

And Forgive The Both Of Them Their Condemnation

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Romans 8:1)

:)

Consider

No Band No Giving

"Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD thy God which he hath given thee." (Deuteronomy 16:17)

No Band No Cheerful Giving

"Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver." (2 Corinthians 9:7)

You Are Commanded To Mind Your Own Business (Plunk! Plunk! Twang! Twang!)

"And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;" (1 Thessalonians 4:11)

So, Rather Than Give Up Your Gifts And Your Livelihood On One Man's "Prophecy", You Might Consider Asking The Lord To Guide You Into The Jobs And Fellowships He Wants You In

"If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." (1 Peter 4:11)

Your Walk With The Lord Is Far More Important That Any Service To Any Man Who Purports To Speak With The Voice Of God

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge." (James 4:10-11)

After All We Both Know God Can Provide This Brother With All The Dedicated Keyboardists He Desires

May God Bless His Socks Off!

And Cause Him To Sing!

Hallelujah!

"And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves." (1 Thessalonians 5:13)

:)

So Whatever You May Decide Dear Brother, Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. (Numbers 6:24-27)

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Members

Thank you to everyone for your Godly advice. I had rehearsal with Irons last night for a gig we're doing on March 29 (some nights we can't all get together on our usual Tuesday night due to scheduling conflicts) and the church clerk/secretary called me right before I left to see if I was gonna be at church and when I said that I had a prior commitment, she sighed and said, "Ok".

I'm just about fed up with people trying to run my life. When I've got other commitments and can't make it, I can't do it. It's that simple. When I can't be there, I can't be there....can they not realize that? Geez.....

Edited by Tony Trout

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I agree with most of what you have received as advice. Sometimes the church hinders their members from being a solid Christian witness. If that is your intent, you keep doing what you are doing.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/03/1975

;)

I appreciate the replies and advice, everyone. You all have made me feel so welcome and I can't thank you enough!

*BIG HUGS FOR EVERYONE*