• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

I have read this passage many times and have wondered if it is still true today. I mean is this ancient site of Babylon which I believe is in Iraq still a desolate area.

Isaiah said that "Generation after generation will come and go, but the land will never again be lived in." Now i am assuming this refers to the city of Babylon itself.

If this is the case...I have heard reports that saddam hussein actually started to rebuild the ancient city of Babylon. I would be interested to know if this did happen and to what degree he accomplished it. For i am wondering if in his arrogance in trying to be another Nebuchadnezzar he was humbled by YHWH so that this prophecy will also stand.

Blessings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Well i did see that saddam was building a kind of Babylonian theme park but i am not sure if it was built on the same site as the first Babylon?

All praise the Ancient Of Days

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

What ever He is doing it can not be the Babylon mentioned in thenew testament. Read this and you will know who Babylon was, not is.

Was Jerusalem Mystery Babylon?

Would John have known this woman???

Is she the United Nations??? Rome??? Apostate Christianity??? How do the Scriptures describe her? And does her description fit that of any other in the Bible?

A Harlot

Rev 17:5

. . . and upon her forehead a name was written, a mystery,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

Thanks brad for the reply...but isn't Isaiah 13 talking about the destruction of ancient Babylon.

Verse 17 says I will stir up the Medes against Babylon... 19 Babylon the most glorious of kingdoms, the flower of Chaldean culture, will be devasted like Sodom and Gomorrah. 20 Babylon will never again rise. Generation after generation will come and go, but the land will never again be lived in."

This prophecy has come true and never have these Babylonians risen to power. But I was wondering if it specifically referred to the city would never be rebuilt as well.

Now i realise babylon is also referred to in other passages in the Bible and in...

Rev 17:3-6

...and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast... and upon her forehead a name was written, a mystery,

Guest yod

There you go again, Brad....mixing a half-verse here with a half-verse there and shaking it with a pound of salt to concoct a mixture of fantasy.

Drunk With the Blood of the Saints

Rev 17:6 & Rev 18:20&24

I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus... In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints, and of all who have been killed on the earth."

........all who have been killed on the earth."

Since when has Israel or Jerusalem ruled the earth? Never in the history of the world has Israel persecuted gentiles for their faith. The only saints who knew persecution were the jewish ones....and this was little more than harrassment for the most part (with notable exceptions such a Steven and James)

Who killed Paul? Peter? All the saints from the 1st Century onward?

Hint: It wasn't Israel

• 1 month later...
Guest dustycanvas

Mystery Babylon is: Rome, Italy. Rome italy is the the place of the Vatican. Harlot robed in Scarlet and purple...these are the colors of the robes of the cardinals and priests of the Catholic church. Drunk with the blood of the Saints...well the catholic church is responsible for millions of deaths claiming "herasy". I can go into much more depth on this subject but, not here not now. If you want more info email me...

oblivious2reality@hotmail.com

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

The Church is a woman. Throughout scripture The Bride of Christ is a woman. In Revelation this woman is the false church that started on the plains of Shinar - Babylon.

A harlot because she has not kept faith with her husband. In the OT her husband should have been God. In the NT, Christ.

Specifically, as to the original question. Yes, Saddam Hussein started to rebuild ancient Babylon. The town has always been populated, never completely destroyed as mentioned in Isa 13:20. Reading chapter 13 you will see that two destructions are spoken of. One by the Persians. The other at the Day of the Lord. This concurs with Revelation when Babylon, the harlot (the false church) is completely destroyed.

Revelation, chapters 17, 18 and the first 3 verses of chapter 19 all refer to this harlot. Babylon is the most mentioned city in the Bible after Jerusalem.

Remenber this woman, is the "mother of harlots." The false church has many "daughters."

Edited by Old Timer