• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

I have been searching the net on Jewish methods of looking at the bible. Can people give me thoughts on the PaRDeS method?

[url=http://www.betemunah.org/remez.html]

xsrp - PaRDeS is the Hebrew word for orchard. Pardes is actually a roshei teivot (literally,

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

Hi Angel, Recently Jade did a wonderful study on Pardes. You may want to try and contact her.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Pardes can be an interesting way of looking at the Old Testament, but it also has ties to kabbalistic teachings if one isnt careful. Since you mentioned the orchard, it seems as if you are looking at sites that have kabbala teachings. Stay away from that. I will pm you and show you what I was taught, which is really how we read the bible anyway. I urge you to avoid teachings that refer to the garden and walls.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Pardes can be an interesting way of looking at the Old Testament, but it also has ties to kabbalistic teachings if one isnt careful. Since you mentioned the orchard, it seems as if you are looking at sites that have kabbala teachings. Stay away from that. I will pm you and show you what I was taught, which is really how we read the bible anyway. I urge you to avoid teachings that refer to the garden and walls.

I wouldn't mind knowing either Jade if you don't mind pm'ing me also!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I really enjoy studying the Jewish perspective on the Bible. Remember though, it is important to get to know Jesus. The Old Testament points towards Jesus, and the Jews are still looking for Messiah. It is very interesting to learn about different ideas, but concentrate on getting to know Jesus first. I think it will add to your confussion to look into these other things.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

Okay, here is another question on this topic.... In the new testament, Paul and other writers refer to old testament passages, were they using the remez aspect of this? I mean, when they quoted that partial passage did the people remember the context from the old testment?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/26/1969

Okay, here is another question on this topic.... In the new testament, Paul and other writers refer to old testament passages, were they using the remez aspect of this? I mean, when they quoted that partial passage did the people remember the context from the old testment?

Shalom Angelique,

i would say it is a little bit of both Remez and a kind of reversed engineered D'rash. though you have "allegorical explanation" for D'rash, literally it means "Investigate" or "Search". Since what has been searched for and investigated has been found in Mashi'ach, they are pointing out in the Scriptures where these "clues" came from.

i think i know i what i said... :emot-hug: i dunno... my brain's mush :whistling:

Chesed v'Rachamim,

Z'ev Yochanan

~זאב יוחנן~