Guest ~zoe-girl~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

Are you saying that I judge others? of course I've been guilty of this but I don't think it's something that I do often.

No, my post was not in response to your post. I don't think you judge anyone, that I have seen. I'm sorry if it looked like it was. :emot-dance:

Actually, it was just in response to the OP and some other posts that took the Word of God out of context... :emot-dance:

:emot-dance: I am at least learning to not assume things are directed toward me. :) Unless I KNOW they are :)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

I for one, am one whom for alot of my life have been misunderstood- too skinny, too nice, my pile of stones etc .And am so very tired of being judged when others have' their own planks of wood in their eyes' and also their ' own pile of stones too'.

How does being judged affect you or not affect you- :) .

I, personally dislike the act of judgment, however, I like what the results bring, should I heed the word(s) of righteous judgment.....

We are told that by what measure we judge, we will be judged by the same measure, and the measure we should be using is THE WORD OF GOD, for this is the measure that we will have to stand before one day, each and every one of us....

there have been times, where i have had my toes stepped on.... get offended, upset, sometimes even mad..... then the Lord asks me.....WHY ARE YOU UPSET? IS NOT THAT THE TRUTH THAT YOU ARE GETTING UPSET ABOUT? I have to admit, that when my toes get stepped on, and I look at where they are, compared to where they should be, i find that my toes have crossed the line, and I am not toeing the line as I should be.....

I am not saying I am welcoming judgment at all, but I would rather have the judgment here on earth, and corrections made here on earth then to arrive before the Great White Throne and find that i was doing things all wrong...

The Bible also tells us that if we can not judge the small things of this earth, if we can not handle these petty things, how in the world are we going to be able to judge the angels?????

this does not mean we are to go around and convicting everyone we come across, not at all, our job is to preach the gospel to all the world and to all the creatures.... it is the job of the Holy Spirit to do the convicting..... but when a problem arises, we are to be walking in the Spirit enough to be able to discern what is going on through the Spirit.... to be walking in the Spirit, we must have already pulled the beam, plank, boulder out of our own eye and had the salve healing from the Holy Spirit on it so that we can see things correctly and with love....

some people will not accept anything said to them in any way, shape or form as far as any correction is concerned, and they tend to use the phrase " The Bible says that you are not suppose to judge others " they tend to use this as an excuse for continuing on in their life of sin..... The Bible does not say we are not suppose to judge, but to judge in the right way.....

we are to start with our selves, I must stand and be judged by myself using the Word of God as my guide, and law book, and when I..... and only when I, am walking in the Spirit, lined up under the covering of Christ, and then only when directed by the Holy Spirit should I "judge" some one else...... starting next in my own family.... for if I can not correct my own family members, how am i suppose to be able to work with others....

anyways, No, i do not like judgment.... but am glad God judges righteously.....

mike

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

It has been my experience that people who cast judgements don't have a clue what they are talking about 99% of the time. Not that I think judging is bad. I think it is perfectly okay to judge others as long as you have the humility to realize that you probably don't have a clue what you are talking about. On those rare (1% of the time) occasions where the judgement is actually true and justified...it is ironically, and normally, handled with much more grace and tact than just spouting judgements against a person.

So to answer the question...How do I handle judgements from people? I do my best to give them a clue. (and I might pray later that they stop being so judgemental towards people)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I for one, am one whom for alot of my life have been misunderstood- too skinny, too nice, my pile of stones etc .And am so very tired of being judged when others have' their own planks of wood in their eyes' and also their ' own pile of stones too'.

How does being judged affect you or not affect you- :41: .

As Christians, we have a collective responsibility to judge certain areas of the lives of our brethren. It is our duty as the Church to judge sin. The scripture "Judge not, lest ye be judged," refers to judging motives. Look at the context of the passage. In context, it is quite clear. The problem with judging is the motive behind the judgment. Christian judgment should be done in love. It should never be done in anger, or with a holier than thou attitude. If one truly loves his brother, he will desperately long to see his brother live a Christ centered life. All judgment should be done in Love. When someone judges in love, it is always welcomed by me; whether I agree with them or not. When someone judges from a postion of arrogance and piousness, I do not accept it at all.

Guest Biblicist

Well said, hr.jr. :emot-headphones:

:as a side note...I'd rather have someone judge me, even harshly, than agree with me when I am in sin, or wrong about God's Word...

Guest zoe-girl

Tonight I faced wronglful judgement and stood strong in God and that is huge for me- :emot-headphones::cool: .

Praise Be To God For He Is Good!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

when someone points a finger at you they have three pointing back at them....try it..Zoe is tomorrow Okay I am goint to sleep and my hand hurts. Love you and we will talk...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

HOOORAY Zoe-Girl!!!! Victory is so sweet!

During a disagreement, someone may state that I am xxxxx, and I know that never even occurred to me, entered my thoughts or my heart. It used to hurt, and I felt misunderstood, or I'd get angry and attempt to defend myself.

Then the Father showed me that what they were accusing me of was exactly what was in their own hearts! Now, I can hardly keep from laughing 'cause His enemy is telling me out of their own mouth what he is up to - no discernment needed!!

I can't tell you how many times I could not figure out what was going on and then they started the accusations - what a relief! I knew how to pray!! (if I just keep from laughing long enough to make a graceful exit - as laughing is not typically considered an appropriate response to angry accusations, - could tend to intensify the situation. Although, maybe I should try it someday -- no, no, think that is a bad idea.)

Oh my, Patricia, you had the right idea, time to sign off! I love this place!! - Thanks all!

Edited by His_Own