Hubby and I Aren't Speaking

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

One couple we know BOTH apologize before they go to sleep based on "Eph 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Eph 4:27 Neither give place to the devil."

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

One couple we know BOTH apologize before they go to sleep based on "Eph 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Eph 4:27 Neither give place to the devil."

That would be ideal. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Are you always giving in? Arguments are another way of communication, we are supposed to have them..

Let him cool off and enjoy something, draw a bath and light some candles for yourself,

or Go get a bowl of ice cream and gob it up with whipped cream and syrup, eating some as you walk by... Lol...

That is just weird.

I was gonna post that one but went with a Psalm instead.

:thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

Are you always giving in? Arguments are another way of communication, we are supposed to have them..

Let him cool off and enjoy something, draw a bath and light some candles for yourself,

or Go get a bowl of ice cream and gob it up with whipped cream and syrup, eating some as you walk by... Lol...

:thumbsup::laugh::cool:

Right now I'm JAMMING out to that song STILL. God completely distracted me with this. He knows all too well how I operate. Whooty whoot!!! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/16/1987

I hope that you and your husband will work this out - in fact, I KNOW you will.

I am not married yet, so I do not have any wisdom as far as marriage goes, but I do have a family and we get into fights all the time. Particularly my mom and I.

My mom is kind of like your husband. She'll yell at me because she misunderstood something I said or thought I was lying because I didn't remember a small trivial detail correctly, and then blow up at me and demand me to get out of her sight.

And over the years I have found that it is best to do just that. She needs a few hours (or even a day) to cool down, collect her thoughts, recall what happened, and most of the time realize how stupid it all sounded. About half the time she will actually come to me and apologize...other times I will go to her (MUCH later....sometimes a day later) and say, "hey mom, look we need to talk...about last night I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say....let me explain it to you....I am sorry for whatever part I played in the misunderstanding etc."

Well, I know that the Bible says never to go to bed before you've made up with the other person, but sometimes I feel that it isn't always the best thing to do. (In my case anyways, my mom ISN'T a christian and so therefore she sometimes tends to hold onto anger a little longer than others) and often an apology too early will only spur on another argument. I hate to say this....but I think that even though you do your own part, the other person must be willing to do their own part, and if the other person isn't willing to make up before the sun sets, then there is nothing you can do about it but pray to God to not let your own heart get bitter. My point is...for the "make up" to work, both parties have to have a willing attitude or it just won't work.

I am sorry if my advise isn't very good...I know I am only a 21 year old girl with little life experience, but this is what I know from my own past. Perhaps a little bit different than your own situation.

My best bet would be if you just give it a bit more time - maybe leave the house for a few hours to keep yourself from going down and talking to him.....let him cool down. When he cools down and starts thinking....then God can whisper in his ear about what he may have done to spur the fight and on your side, God may whisper to you what your part may have been. Sometimes we feel that we are completely right when in truth both parties are to blame.

Like I said, I don't know a whole lot but this is the best I can come up with based on what I do know.

hope it helps!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

We had a stupid fight and he was being a ROYAL jerk. Then I played a card that was a little extra, if you know what I mean. Now I'm upstairs and he's downstairs, and we're not speaking. He doesn't want to "see me, hear me, or talk to me" for now. Part of me could care less. The other part wants to make up. But I know if I go down there and try to do so, one thing will happen: I will not a get a gracious response and I WILL MAKE IT WORSE. I'm outstanding at doing that. So what do I do? :thumbsup:

i think this is known as MARRIAGE. be of good cheer. things will work out, they always do.

c.s. lewis once said:

affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I stay single cos I need my own bed...I can never sleep with someone I am angry at..Its dangerous for them...hahahaha

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/28/1966

Prayin' for y'all.

Been in many arguments throughout our marriage...

I think we're always way too busy with mandatory overtime to argue now...

That and the homecare we do after the first job...

Nothing like being so exhausted we're both agreeable to anything.

:thumbsup: