• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

Just here to add my two cents.

My personal opinion (about as far from any kind of professional opinion as it is physically posible to get to) is that evolution is God's way of creating us. The proof for evolution is everywhere and the fact that they are still missing a few links does not mean that the chain isn't real. To me, evolution simply seems to be to fast, even in the time scale of millions of years, the chance of that number of genetic mutations seems to be improbable (genetic defects seem to be speeding up since humans have been messing with carcinogens). Furthermore, the chance that the said mutations are positive is far lower as most mutations just result in cancer.

A simple explanation that takes both sides of the argument into account is that life is God's ongoing project (or RTS). People don't take everything in the bible literally (otherwise the world would be very strange). Why must we blindly accept that when it says that God created life, that he did it all at the same time. You never know, he may have been bragging :rolleyes:

Bragging? God? Are you for real??? :36: Christians accept that the Lord created life as put forth in Genesis. Nonbelievers think life originated all by itself. Good theory....except it's total rubbish.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping to go beyond theory, but that's obviously not going to happen. Is there anything in evolutionary scientific research that isn't just theory?

I don't understand what you mean by going beyond theory. Are you implying that theory doesn't equal fact? Or are you implying that logical evidence is not as valuable as physical evidence? In my opinion the best evidence for macroevolution is microevolution combined with the fact that no one hs come up with a difference between the two (other than time of course).

No, I'm not implying theory doesn't equal fact... I'm stating it. It doesn't. That's why it's theory. It's unproven. I know you don't need that link I provided for it, you already know what theory means, but since you asked the question...

Physical evidence isn't necessarily more valuable than logical evidence, but it would definitely help the case for evolution.

So why is there not a difference between macro- and microevolution?

There IS a difference...microevolution happens within a species...macroevolution is above the species level. Referring to the horse data...when exactly did a horse evolve into something other than a different kind of horse? Did it start out as a platypus and end up a horse? I would venture to say 'no'. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

maybe i'm totally off track here, but how did all living organisms today branch off from a single piece of matter (cell)? Wouldn't it be counterproductive for something to create a natural enemy to itself through evolution, since survival of the fittest is the key component to adaptation? How can there still be weaker species of animals and the like alive if the stronger ruled? Also, doesn't the breakthroughs in health and medicine explain the differences in appearance that man has today than that of a few thousand years ago? Reverse dating also claims the earth to be about 10000 years old, how is that possible? Just some questions, not much more than that.

I was hoping to go beyond theory, but that's obviously not going to happen. Is there anything in evolutionary scientific research that isn't just theory?

I don't understand what you mean by going beyond theory. Are you implying that theory doesn't equal fact? Or are you implying that logical evidence is not as valuable as physical evidence? In my opinion the best evidence for macroevolution is microevolution combined with the fact that no one hs come up with a difference between the two (other than time of course).

No, I'm not implying theory doesn't equal fact... I'm stating it. It doesn't. That's why it's theory. It's unproven. I know you don't need that link I provided for it, you already know what theory means, but since you asked the question...

Physical evidence isn't necessarily more valuable than logical evidence, but it would definitely help the case for evolution.

So why is there not a difference between macro- and microevolution?

There IS a difference...microevolution happens within a species...macroevolution is above the species level. Referring to the horse data...when exactly did a horse evolve into something other than a different kind of horse? Did it start out as a platypus and end up a horse? I would venture to say 'no'. :thumbsup:

No, it started as something lots smaller and different looking than a horse.

Your platypus to horse suggestion simply shows that your understanding of evolutionary theory is deficient.

Sorry but that comment just doesn't hold water....it started out as a horse and it's a horse now. The 'platypus to horse' comment was an allusion to the improbable....not a statement of belief. Sheesh! I fully understand evolutionary theory, btw; perhaps it's your understanding of reality that's deficient? :24:

Bragging? God? Are you for real??? :24: Christians accept that the Lord created life as put forth in Genesis. Nonbelievers think life originated all by itself. Good theory....except it's total rubbish.

By your particular definition of "Christian" I guess. Lots of believers understand and accept evolution.

There's only one definition of 'Christian'; a follower of Christ. I hardly think you are a good judge of such things. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

What's reverse dating? :emot-heartbeat:

Dating an old girlfriend???

lol

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Bragging? God? Are you for real??? :emot-heartbeat: Christians accept that the Lord created life as put forth in Genesis. Nonbelievers think life originated all by itself. Good theory....except it's total rubbish.

By your particular definition of "Christian" I guess. Lots of believers understand and accept evolution.

The way I see it, a Christian is a follower of Christ, I know Christians who do believe in evolution, and It's not my place to question their salvation. Salvation comes through Jesus Christ, we are not perfect, and we all fall short, Salvation doesn't come from believing we where created in 7 days, or evolved. It comes only though the blood and grace of Jesus Christ.

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

1 John 5:11-12

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Romans 14:11

:emot-heartbeat:

Bragging? God? Are you for real??? :th_praying: Christians accept that the Lord created life as put forth in Genesis. Nonbelievers think life originated all by itself. Good theory....except it's total rubbish.
The way I see it, a Christian is a follower of Christ, I know Christians who do believe in evolution, and It's not my place to question their salvation. Salvation comes through Jesus Christ, we are not perfect, and we all fall short, Salvation doesn't come from believing we where created in 7 days, or evolved. It comes only though the blood and grace of Jesus Christ.

Amen!

:emot-highfive:

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

:emot-highfive:

The Problem With Fooling Around With The LORD - Is The LORD

Going

But when Pharaoh saw that there was respite, he hardened his heart, and hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said. Exodus 8:15

Going

Then the magicians said unto Pharaoh, This is the finger of God: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said. Exodus 8:19

Going

And Pharaoh hardened his heart at this time also, neither would he let the people go. Exodus 8:32

Going

And Pharaoh sent, and, behold, there was not one of the cattle of the Israelites dead. And the heart of Pharaoh was hardened, and he did not let the people go. Exodus 9:7

Gone!

And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had spoken unto Moses. Exodus 9:12

:th_praying:

Tempting God Is Unwise

Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. 1 Corinthians 10:9

Believing God Is The Intelligent Thing To Do

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12

For To Do Otherwise Is Foolish

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. Psalms 14:1

Believe In The LORD

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Or Perish

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

Amen!

:th_praying:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

>>>>><<<<<

Woe is me!

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.

Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:

And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. Isaiah 6:1-8

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Bragging? God? Are you for real??? :laugh: Christians accept that the Lord created life as put forth in Genesis. Nonbelievers think life originated all by itself. Good theory....except it's total rubbish.

There's only one definition of 'Christian'; a follower of Christ. I hardly think you are a good judge of such things. :emot-handshake:

Actually I think a nonbeliever who is familiar with the teachings of Christ would probably be a better judge of whether someone is following Jesus's teachings than someone who is emotionally invested in their own interpretation, do you know what I mean? They could provide an objective perspective.

Bragging? God? Are you for real??? :taped: Christians accept that the Lord created life as put forth in Genesis. Nonbelievers think life originated all by itself. Good theory....except it's total rubbish.

There's only one definition of 'Christian'; a follower of Christ. I hardly think you are a good judge of such things. :taped:

But appparently you are a good judge of such things.

I think so. I'm not trying to insult you, jukia, so don't take offense. You're not a believer so I figure you don't understand evangelicals. There IS only one definition of Christianity and that is a follower of Christ. I don't understand how atheists or agnostics think and won't attempt to interpret their beliefs (or lack thereof).