• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

It depends on what you consider 'midlife'. 40? 45? 50? :th_praying:

Guest LadyC

we go through crises throughout our lives.... the whole "midlife" crisis is a man made concept that is created to excuse and justify immoral behaviour, IMO. and also IMO, those who are living their lives on their knees before God are immune from having one!

Guest Biblicist
Hey, this is super serious...midlife crisis..does it exist?

Maybe Mid-Life Crisis is actually Andropause....

Andropause (sometimes called male menopause[1]) refers to a reduction of the production of certain hormones such as testosterone and dehydroepiandrosterone, and the consequences of that reduction.[2] It is associated with a decrease in Leydig cells.[3][4]

The use of the term "andropause" is not in itself controversial, and the term appears frequently in peer-reviewed journal articles, both with and without scare quotes. The controversy, rather, is over whether andropause is a "state" (the term used by MeSH), or a disorder. The decline in testosterone level with age is well documented,[5] but there is disagreement over how the "normal" or "healthy" state should be defined. Researchers who oppose the term "andropause" usually don't object to the terms "SLOH" or "ADAM", described in more detail below.

If women can go through menopause, why can't men go through something similar? We all eat the same types of food, drink the same types of drinks, breathe the same air, live with the same stress... :emot-shakehead:Equality for everyone!!!

Guest HIS girl

I was told, because 30 is the new 40 then the midlife crisis is 35 onward............

I was thinking of getting an entire new hairstyle/look too.........H E L P!! :emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

Scuse me young lady....'course midlife crisis exists. I should know it's been happening to me for 60 odd years *HAR* :emot-hug:

Guest HIS girl

It's funny, I've always wanted straight hair and used anything to tame my curls but I bought a hair straightener and the effect was great but it added 10 years in the looks department. Not so great!! That day I felt like I was in the middle of a bizarre dream...maybe a midlife crisis reality check!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

In the case of men, it's been said that what a man is in his 40's is all he'll ever be. Before I was in my 40's I thought this was true, but at 44 I am thinking it's not. Having said that, a lot of men at my age, I think, take stock of their lives and realize the years ahead will probably be less than the years behind and they begin to think of all the things they haven't done but thought they would have/should have done by their age. So men in their late 40's and 50's start doing strange things, perhaps to recapture their youth or do the things they always wanted to. This could be skydiving, or buying new cars, or going on diets, riding horses, cheating on their wives, etc. If that's what you mean by a "mid life crisis," then it does exist.

In the case of women, a lot of women in their 40's face the reality that the children are grown or growing, they have graduated or soon will graduate from college and they, like men, take stock of their lives. All of a sudden, the man they stayed married to for the sake of the children is even less attractive than he used to be, and the necessity of staying married is no longer there: children. So women in that predicament also do strange things, like taking vacations without their husband, engaging in activities they never used to have time for, they go back to school, they cheat on their husband or leave him all together. Sometimes they want to have more children at an older age before they are unable to.

For the believer, hopefully their self esteem is founded in Jesus Christ, and not in themselves. Unfortunately, I found that the so-called mid-life crisis occurs more often in the church than without. To me, that is a very sad state of affairs.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Does this mean you're going to be getting a tattoo or pierced ears in the near future and joining a harmonic yoga group?