• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

Kinda off topic alert:

The show just gets on my nerves so I tend to avoid it. Sometimes my daughter makes me watch it though. Personally, the only thing that I can tolerate about it is Simon. He does go overboard at times but at least he's not such a suck up and he's somewhat honest. The few that actually do have talent need the criticism.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Kinda off topic alert:

The show just gets on my nerves so I tend to avoid it. Sometimes my daughter makes me watch it though. Personally, the only thing that I can tolerate about it is Simon. He does go overboard at times but at least he's not such a suck up and he's somewhat honest. The few that actually do have talent need the criticism.

But he's so rude sometimes, I want to slap him.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

He has also said that he thinks guys that kiss before marriage are being dishonest with their wives. I happen to think he's wrong about that and that he has NO biblical basis for those opinions.

By the way, here's something to consider:

If you kiss a girl that you don't marry, then in essence you have kissed another man's wife.

Think about that. :emot-highfive:

I love you Neb, but you totally lost me on that one. lol

I don't agree with all of the Axxman's ideas in this post, I do tend to go along with his premise. The no kissing-before-marriage is hilarious to me. However, and I really want to stress this, if it is your conviction, then don't you do it. It isn't a Biblical admonition, so nobody has a "right" to inflict the kissing-abstinence rule on the rest of the Body of Christ.

what's really disturbing to me is that is awful show is still on the air! :emot-hug:

Aside from the name, what makes this show so awful? :emot-highfive:

It's like watching a train wreck. Or a freak show.

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

Kinda off topic alert:

But he's so rude sometimes, I want to slap him.

I agree with you there and I probably would too. Like I said, at least he's not a suck-up.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

He has also said that he thinks guys that kiss before marriage are being dishonest with their wives. I happen to think he's wrong about that and that he has NO biblical basis for those opinions.

If you kiss a girl that you don't marry, then in essence you have kissed another man's wife.

Think about that. :24:

I don't agree with all of the Axxman's ideas in this post, I do tend to go along with his premise. The no kissing-before-marriage is hilarious to me. However, and I really want to stress this, if it is your conviction, then don't you do it. It isn't a Biblical admonition, so nobody has a "right" to inflict the kissing-abstinence rule on the rest of the Body of Christ.

what's really disturbing to me is that is awful show is still on the air! :huh:

Aside from the name, what makes this show so awful? :13:

I don't get where you're coming from. Most of the current contestants on the show are pretty talented. I wish they had this show on when I was young. Perhaps I wouldn't have wasted all those years playing in bars. :24:

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I still think Sanjaya should have won!

I still think Sanjaya should have won!

:13: Surely you jest :huh::24::24:

Guest LadyC

Think about that. ;)

what's really disturbing to me is that is awful show is still on the air! :emot-highfive:

I don't get where you're coming from. Most of the current contestants on the show are pretty talented. I wish they had this show on when I was young. Perhaps I wouldn't have wasted all those years playing in bars. :)

they had star search when you were young, remember?

Think about that. :emot-hug:

what's really disturbing to me is that is awful show is still on the air! :emot-highfive:

I don't get where you're coming from. Most of the current contestants on the show are pretty talented. I wish they had this show on when I was young. Perhaps I wouldn't have wasted all those years playing in bars. ;)

they had star search when you were young, remember?

I'm in Canada. We have Canadian Idol here. The judges are lame. They try to be like the american idol judges. I loved Ed McMahon. Professional laugher. :)

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah, Star Search!

I guess my beef with American Idol is that if you like your music pre-packaged, sterilized, robotic, and lukewarm, then I guess it's OK. It reduces "talent" to the lowest common denominator and allows the rest of the population to live vicariously through the experiences of the contestants. Have y'all looked at the the pop music scene these days? They're like clones of each other; messy hair, badly groomed beards, pre-determined breast and hip measurements, capped teeth....Put the rocks down, it's just an opinion from somebody who really enjoys good, imaginative, and original music, from artists with soul.