• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Botz,

Yes, Romans 7:4 helped but Galatians really was the book that helped me a lot. (Gal 4:9-11): "But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage? You observe days and months and seasons and years. I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain."

I was raised Seventh day Adventist so I had lots of nonsense in my head.

Romans 14 says let each be fully convinced in his own mind. That works for me as long as it is regarded by both sides. Shiloh and Yod are "good Sabbatarians" :huh: They don't condemn me or tell me I can't be saved if I don't keep the Sabbath holy. I take issue with those that do.

Blessings! :rofl:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

:blink: Thanks Wordsower..I know what you mean about having to get rid of lots of nonsense...it sometimes seems endemic..you get wonderfully born again and then spend years getting rid of excess man made baggage that you naievly thought was part of the Gospel...still it can be used as part of sanctification and perserverence I guess as we depend more on Him and less on man...May you be being constantly filled.

Guest matthew517

Do I believe that circumcision is a requirement of Christians? I do not believe that Goyim (Gentiles) need to be circumcised to come to the Lord. They must follow the standards set forth by James the brother of the Lord and agreed upon by the elders. However all who are of Avraham by way of natural decent are required to be circumcised.

The law punishment was done away with via the cross. No longer will a righteous man obey and follow the law because of fear of punishment nor will man obey and follow the law to be justified and made acceptable to God. For there is only one way to be sanctified and made acceptable to God and that is through Yeshua. And the price of our transgressions against God

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Matthew,

I might surprise you to know that most christians do not consider Sunday to be the Sabbath. In fact, I have met only 2.

Nowhere in scripture is is stated so and that idea that the Pope changed the day is as fallible as the Roman Catholic Church and has been proven so.

I will rest in Jesus, He paid the price so that I can rest.

Hebrews 4

Blessings!

Guest matthew517

Scripture states that the Sabbath is the 7th day of the week. Scripture also states that Yeshua rose on the first day of the week.

Exodus 20:8 "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. 11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Mark 16:1When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus' body. 2Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb 3and they asked each other, "Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?"

Mark 16:9When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons.

So if Yeshua rose on the 1st day of the week. Sunday it followed the Sabbath the 7th day. So what day is the Sabbath? It is written both in the New and Old testaments.

So how did Sunday become the Sabbath to Christians? Where did the Feasts of God go to in the church? How and when did the church start celebrating pagan holidays (Easter & Christmas)?

By not keeping the Feasts of God you are in contradiction to the word of God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

"By not keeping the Feasts of God you are in contradiction to the word of God."

Well we keep the feasts if we believe in MeSHiaCH, that is how we as believers keep the feasts of the Older Covenant, and not just the feasts, all the requirements of the Older Covenants, we keep through MeSHiaCH. If I choose to do the different feast days, or the deitary commandments, it is not because I have to but because I want to help those who do those things to see the meaning, and purpose for the Older Covenant Laws, and teachings, One is they show a shadow of the true, meaning this is not the true, but is a look into the way in heaven, remember MoSHe(Moses) was told to make things similiar to what He saw, so in some ways, this showed what is in heaven, thus we can see, The Most important part right now, is The MeSHiaCH, that we believe in Him, and follow Him, and do what He commanded, and He showed people until He comes back they do not have to do those different Old Covenant teachings, they can keep there customs, but they also should recognize all the truth. They should enter into God's way of His Kingdom, which is explained in The New Covenant. So if you choose to do the Older Covenant ways this is alright, as long as you realize you are not required to do them, because Christ has done them for you, and put them upon the tree to make one new man, the Jew, and the nations one, thus we have those who believe and follow Christ are all Jewish, or of the tribe of the chosen people in a spiritual way, all must enter into the spiritual way, in order to continue there blessings, otherwise all will be cursed, and that means all tribes of Yisrael, as well as the nations. Now when Christ comes back He will make things so that more of the ways of heaven will be embraced again, and these will be commandments, and then also we will after the 1,000 year reign get the new YeRuSHaLiYiM(Jerusalem), more of that which is in heaven comes down, I think exactly what is in heaven comes down, upon the new earth, which also has a new heaven, and no sea.

• 6 months later...
"By not keeping the Feasts of God you are in contradiction to the word of God."

Well we keep the feasts if we believe in MeSHiaCH, that is how we as believers keep the feasts of the Older Covenant, and not just the feasts, all the requirements of the Older Covenants, we keep through MeSHiaCH. If I choose to do the different feast days, or the deitary commandments, it is not because I have to but because I want to help those who do those things to see the meaning, and purpose for the Older Covenant Laws, and teachings, One is they show a shadow of the true, meaning this is not the true, but is a look into the way in heaven, remember MoSHe(Moses) was told to make things similiar to what He saw, so in some ways, this showed what is in heaven, thus we can see, The Most important part right now, is The MeSHiaCH, that we believe in Him, and follow Him, and do what He commanded, and He showed people until He comes back they do not have to do those different Old Covenant teachings, they can keep there customs, but they also should recognize all the truth. They should enter into God's way of His Kingdom, which is explained in The New Covenant. So if you choose to do the Older Covenant ways this is alright, as long as you realize you are not required to do them, because Christ has done them for you, and put them upon the tree to make one new man, the Jew, and the nations one, thus we have those who believe and follow Christ are all Jewish, or of the tribe of the chosen people in a spiritual way, all must enter into the spiritual way, in order to continue there blessings, otherwise all will be cursed, and that means all tribes of Yisrael, as well as the nations. Now when Christ comes back He will make things so that more of the ways of heaven will be embraced again, and these will be commandments, and then also we will after the 1,000 year reign get the new YeRuSHaLiYiM(Jerusalem), more of that which is in heaven comes down, I think exactly what is in heaven comes down, upon the new earth, which also has a new heaven, and no sea.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Praise the Lord and Shalom everyone :noidea: I was just taking a look at this topic and it is an awsome one.I had finally found out why my fellow christians are so confused about the sabbath and why they keep sunday instead of the original sabbath that God had created,I used to keep sunday holy too until I found out the truth.At the turn of the 3rd century the catholic church passed what is called the"sunday law"and those who kept the original sabbath were beaten and tourtured and now because of that law christians keep sunday as the sabbath instead of sunday but christians really aught to be doing the same as the jews which is to honor the sabbath day and keep the sabbath day holy which is the 4th commandment.I just thaught I would post this tid bit of info,sorry it is so long.God bless you all. :blink:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I think it's important to mention that the Jesus said:

"The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." (Mark 2:27)

warm regards

-bud

Guest shiloh357
I think it's important to mention that the Jesus said:

"The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." (Mark 2:27)

warm regards

-bud

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which is actually a Talmudic adage, and was being used by Jesus to counter a legalistic application of the Sabbath, and was in no way a repudiation of the Sabbath itself.