tigger398

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

What does this mean. Matthew 24:12 and because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. What is lawlessness. is that going on now.

This is one of my favorite verses -

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. - Romans 13:8-10

A lot of the wrongfulness that we do to each other is done out of a lack of love to whom we are doing it to. If we love one another then we will work no ill towards to each other.

And yes, lawlessness is going on now because our world has become all about justifying the keeping and practicing of sin. In America today we have people who call themselves Christians who are commit everyone of the above mentioned sins who don't think they need to repent of them.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Do christian hearts grow cold.

"and because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold".

This ref. is directed toward those who call themselves christians.

The "lawlessness" is the watering down of the Gospel. Taking away and adding to God's Word.

The "love of many" is the true faith one has in Christ.

The "will grow cold" refers to believers abandoning the Truth in search for easier ways into the Kingdom of God.

So yes....christian hearts will grow cold and yes, it is happening today.

It appears that you are making lots of things up here, and it is not clear why you are doing so.

For instance, you open by saying that the reference "is directed towards those who call themselves Christians." No where in the context of the Olivette Discourse is this supported. In fact, Jesus Christ Himself stated that He came only for the "lost sheep of the house of Israel". John 1:11 says that "He came unto His own", Paul and Baranabas even declared that Christ preached only to the Jews Ac 13:46. When our LORD ever spoke about the Church, it was always prefaced by "The Kingdom of Heaven is like..." then He would launch into a Parable. So if it is anybody that our LORD is talking about, it is NOT those who call themselves Christians.

Lawlessness is defined in 1 John 3:4 "Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness." John then compares lawlessness to rightousness. I have no idea how you justify constraining it to "watering down the gospel".

The "Christian hearts will grow cold" is utter blasphemy since our LORD says many times that each one that His Father gives to Him, He will not lose any. The whole point and purpose of salvation is not for man's convenience, it is to bring Glody to God. Not a single one who is of the Elect will not grow cold, rather, each and every one will be sanctified and perfected into righteousness, as our LORD promised.

(edited by moderator)

It appears that you are making lots of things up here, and it is not clear why you are doing so.

For instance, you open by saying that the reference "is directed towards those who call themselves Christians." No where in the context of the Olivette Discourse is this supported. In fact, Jesus Christ Himself stated that He came only for the "lost sheep of the house of Israel". John 1:11 says that "He came unto His own", Paul and Baranabas even declared that Christ preached only to the Jews Ac 13:46. When our LORD ever spoke about the Church, it was always prefaced by "The Kingdom of Heaven is like..." then He would launch into a Parable. So if it is anybody that our LORD is talking about, it is NOT those who call themselves Christians.

Lawlessness is defined in 1 John 3:4 "Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness." John then compares lawlessness to rightousness. I have no idea how you justify constraining it to "watering down the gospel".

The "Christian hearts will grow cold" is utter blasphemy since our LORD says many times that each one that His Father gives to Him, He will not lose any. The whole point and purpose of salvation is not for man's convenience, it is to bring Glody to God. Not a single one who is of the Elect will not grow cold, rather, each and every one will be sanctified and perfected into righteousness, as our LORD promised.

(edited by moderator)

I don't make things up.....I don't have too.

Let me ask you........do you believe that everyone who calls themselves a christian is going to end up in the kingdom of heaven?

I don't need an 8 page essay....a simple yes or no will suffice.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

:whistling:

The "Christian hearts will grow cold" is utter blasphemy since our LORD says many times that each one that His Father gives to Him, He will not lose any. The whole point and purpose of salvation is not for man's convenience, it is to bring Glory to God. Not a single one who is of the Elect will not grow cold, rather, each and every one will be sanctified and perfected into righteousness, as our LORD promised.

(edited by moderator)

I Sort Of Agree With You Dear Brother Because Jesus And His Father Will Never Fail But :emot-puke:

There Are Clear Warnings Throughout The Word Which I Take Seriously Personal

I Think They Are Intended To Keep Me Cleaving To The LORD Jesus Christ

They Warn Me To Put No Trust In My Strength Or Understanding

Nor Should I Turn To Other gods Or Idols

There Are Many Many Scriptures

But I'll Quote Just One Set

Even As A Youth This Would Scare Me Good

And Make Me Run Back And Cling To My LORD Jesus

And Cause Me To Turn On The Flashlight Under The Covers

And To Search The Scripture For Truth And For God's Comfort

"And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

Who hath ears to hear, let him hear." Matthew 13:3-9

You Are Among The Brethren So Soft Words Of Love Still Carry Weight

"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." Proverbs 25:11

Probably The Only Needful Thing To Say Is Jesus Is Our Trusted And Only Assurance

"Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen." Jude 1:24-27

:blink:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The LORD

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

:)

The "Christian hearts will grow cold" is utter blasphemy since our LORD says many times that each one that His Father gives to Him, He will not lose any. The whole point and purpose of salvation is not for man's convenience, it is to bring Glory to God. Not a single one who is of the Elect will not grow cold, rather, each and every one will be sanctified and perfected into righteousness, as our LORD promised.

(edited by moderator)

I Sort Of Agree With You Dear Brother Because Jesus And His Father Will Never Fail But :o

There Are Clear Warnings Throughout The Word Which I Take Seriously Personal

I Think They Are Intended To Keep Me Cleaving To The LORD Jesus Christ

They Warn Me To Put No Trust In My Strength Or Understanding

Nor Should I Turn To Other gods Or Idols

There Are Many Many Scriptures

But I'll Quote Just One Set

Even As A Youth This Would Scare Me Good

And Make Me Run Back And Cling To My LORD Jesus

And Cause Me To Turn On The Flashlight Under The Covers

And To Search The Scripture For Truth And For God's Comfort

"And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

Who hath ears to hear, let him hear." Matthew 13:3-9

You Are Among The Brethren So Soft Words Of Love Still Carry Weight

"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." Proverbs 25:11

Probably The Only Needful Thing To Say Is Jesus Is Our Trusted And Only Assurance

"Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen." Jude 1:24-27

:)

Be Blessed Beloved Of The LORD

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

:thumbsup:

OC

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

Actually the ENTIRE Word of G-d is written specifically and directly to Christians...or more accurately believers in Jesus, Y'shua. We know this because we are told through out scripture that it is impossible for the lost to have any understanding of G-d's Word and when understanding that, it seems kind of silly to think that any scripture is meant for the lost.

The lost are condemned to hell...period. G-d's Word is irrelevant to the lost because the lost has no interest in it and G-d will not stand in the way of one's free will desire to go to hell. The only way that they cannot be condemned to hell is to repent and once repented they are now believers and once believers they begin to have understanding of G-d's Word and then it is expected by G-d of them to become disciples of His Word and actually follow it, which is the fruit of the Spirit spoken of in Galatians.

It is when we believe that G-d is speaking to the heathen on the other side of the street that we have put ourselves in a very dangerous mindset because we are failing to realize that we, ourselves are heathen too in the eyes of G-d without the covering of the blood of Christ.