IGNORED

Does Eckhart Tolle fit the profile?

artsylady

I can't help thinking that the devil is not going to do this too many times - on a massive scale like he's doing now with millions of followers, thanks to Oprah. I mean, he's going to do it once and do it right, so that people don't say 'oh big deal, another guru - yadayada - yawn" Know what I mean? Other false prophets have decieved few in number for the most part. This guy is quite huge. Could it be possible that he is the false prophet then? Is there much information on him? People want to know his opinion on EVERYTHING and turn their thinking towards his. It's frightening and weird.

Founder of the Unification Church, Reverend Sun Myung Moon had millions of followers.

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. He also had millions of followers and his teachings live on to this day.

People thought Hitler was the antichrist. Millions were slaughtered without question.

Osama Bin Laden. Yeah I know he's a terrorist, but look at the numbers of his followers. And his religion.

Just something to think about.

The only one that I know who has the power to confound or change the world system is God.

You're right.

2 Thess.2

11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,

No one man in the world in the past, present or the future has that much power, but a whole host of them will have a try or we wouldn't have been warned about it happening. Now something like NWO run by a group of (pick your own) political and financial bigwigs, could.

What if one man stepped forth out of that group and was able to do this?...

9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,

What if one man stepped forth and started duplicating the miracles of Christ? Now you have to remember that the unbelievers of the world will be under a delusion from God. They will be made to believe the lies of satan. Wouldn't it be possible that once this NWO group saw all these signs and wonders, they would give all authority to him?

You're NWO theory works here.

Sure, man, I can see where you are coming from and you are not alone in your assumptions. I am not into what ifs and guessing games, mainly because every truly died-in-the-wool born again christian will know, or should know what to look for, by the warnings we have had in scripture. According to 1Jn 2:19 the a/c has been around since that time and many more are to come. However and besides I think we can eliminate the host of suggestions that many have provided to date in my very own opinion. Still it's an interesting topic, so we will just have to wait and see. cheers, eric.

Better Brother?

;)

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 1 John 2:18-19

:noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Just something to think about.

Yes, for sure.

Imo, With Echart, Oprah, and Obama, we see a foreshadowing of what is to come. There's a demonic spirit of the anti-christ, and false prophet here, but to have THE anti christ himself you would have to combine all three to hit the profile. Rev. 13:18 "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six." For further reference; Dan. 7:8, 20, 21, 24, 25, Dan. 11:36

One thing about Tolle, is he says it doesn't matter WHAT faith you follow. You can be Christian, Muslim, Hindu - whatever. This 'new awakening' also has the benefit of the mass media and technology through webcams and live meetings - something new on the horizon.

Interesting you mention Obama - my husband wondered if he may be the antichrist, but I think the ac will be assexual or homosexual right? Maybe he needed to get married to get the vote then we'll find out he's not? My husband and I had never had these contemplative discussions about the ac before until last night.

He sure did rise from obscurity too though.

But doesn't he also have to come from Europe? Why do people say that?

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 1 John 2:18-19

The time is right.

Sure, man, I can see where you are coming from and you are not alone in your assumptions. I am not into what ifs and guessing games, mainly because, every truly died-in-the-wool born again christian will know, or should what to look for, by the warnings we have had in scripture. According to 1Jn 2:19 the a/c has been around since that time and many more are to come. However and besides I think we can eliminate the host of suggestions that many have provided to date in my very own opinion. Still it's an interesting topic, so we will just have to wait and see.cheers ,eric.

I don't like naming names either. I also believe that the true believers will recognize the beast when he steps forth.

I do like these topics though...because it makes me dig into the Word.

Are we in the end times? Who knows. The people of the middle ages probably thought so when the plague was racing across Europe and Asia. What about WW1 and 2? Or the Civil War here in the U.S.? I bet people were having the same discussions then as we are now.

As you say, "it's an interesting topic". We'll just have to keep watching.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

The only one that I know who has the power to confound or change the world system is God.

You're right.

2 Thess.2

11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,

No one man in the world in the past, present or the future has that much power, but a whole host of them will have a try or we wouldn't have been warned about it happening. Now something like NWO run by a group of (pick your own) political and financial bigwigs, could.

What if one man stepped forth out of that group and was able to do this?...

9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,

What if one man stepped forth and started duplicating the miracles of Christ? Now you have to remember that the unbelievers of the world will be under a delusion from God. They will be made to believe the lies of satan. Wouldn't it be possible that once this NWO group saw all these signs and wonders, they would give all authority to him?

You're NWO theory works here.

Sure, man, I can see where you are coming from and you are not alone in your assumptions. I am not into what ifs and guessing games, mainly because every truly died-in-the-wool born again christian will know, or should know what to look for, by the warnings we have had in scripture. According to 1Jn 2:19 the a/c has been around since that time and many more are to come. However and besides I think we can eliminate the host of suggestions that many have provided to date in my very own opinion. Still it's an interesting topic, so we will just have to wait and see. cheers, eric.

Better Brother?

:emot-hug:

:emot-hug:

Thanks brother Joe. Sometimes it takes so long to type out a reply, by the time I finish and press the 'post reply' button I find I've been logged off and my post has didappeared and a window appears asking me to log in again.

anyway bro thanks for restoring things. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

no

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Imo, With Echart, Oprah, and Obama, we see a foreshadowing of what is to come. There's a demonic spirit of the anti-christ, and false prophet here, but to have THE anti christ himself you would have to combine all three to hit the profile. Rev. 13:18 "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six." For further reference; Dan. 7:8, 20, 21, 24, 25, Dan. 11:36

One thing about Tolle, is he says it doesn't matter WHAT faith you follow. You can be Christian, Muslim, Hindu - whatever. This 'new awakening' also has the benefit of the mass media and technology through webcams and live meetings - something new on the horizon.

Interesting you mention Obama - my husband wondered if he may be the antichrist, but I think the ac will be assexual or homosexual right? Maybe he needed to get married to get the vote then we'll find out he's not? My husband and I had never had these contemplative discussions about the ac before until last night.

He sure did rise from obscurity too though.

But doesn't he also have to come from Europe? Why do people say that?

Obama is not the A/C and the time is not yet. But...put together the increasing world population, the dwindling of food stores, the rising prices everywhere. When people are desperate it sets the stage for war. I'm looking for the one who says he/she can fix all of these problems; who can convince nations to give up sovereignty for the greater good. And I believe that someone would have to wield a great deal of international clout. No idea who it is but many believe the A/C already walks this earth. These are troubling times...for everyone. Christians can at least look to the Lord and know it will be okay eventually. Those who are without Him have no hope at all. :th_praying:

Obama is not the A/C and the time is not yet.

Is there more prophesy that needs to be fulfilled?

But...put together the increasing world population, the dwindling of food stores,

Yes, I heard about this 2 days in a row - one on secular radio yesterday and also on Christian radio.