IGNORED

Lakeland, Florida "Healing" Revival? Ummm....

Tony Trout

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/20/1976

I watched a snippet of the web broadcast of the supposed "healing" revival with Todd Bentley in Lakeland, Florida and...well...it seems to remind me of the "Brownsville Revival" or the "Toronto Outpouring" (if that's what it was called) and it just grieved me....this guy is supposedly in the same vein as Benny Hinn and other WOF teachers.....it's been said that people are being healed and delivered of addictions and lots of things but...I just don't know what to think....

I'm not saying that God can't do those things because I know He can....but it just seems that this Todd Bentley is just like all of the other WOF teachers/preachers....and it honestly makes me sick to my stomach.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

I'd never heard of him before so I googled him. I agree with you Tony.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I also Googled him. Found an interesting clip of him where he describes seeing an angle, runs to the angle and says he felt like he was hit by a 2X4 and sees himself outside of his body. He disclaims it being and out of body experience, that the Lord brought him out in the spirit as he walked around the service and people whisper they ailments in his ear. If you want to know more, go to Fresh Fire Ministries and read the SOF.

Every time I read something like this it makes me wonder.

Its not that God can't heal, deliver, etc. He can, and He does. He's done many such things in my life, and in others' too.

Here's what I wonder about: Why is it that all these "healing ministries" don't go out and empty a hospital, like Jesus did during His earthly ministry. No "meeting", no money, just heal everyone in the place. Empty a cancer ward! Watch someone with a damaged spinal cord walk again. Then watch the medical folks standing around in shock as the patients get up and leave healthy and whole. That's what I'd like to see, and I have to think from what I read in the Gospels that Jesus would do exactly that if He were here today.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Every time I read something like this it makes me wonder.

Its not that God can't heal, deliver, etc. He can, and He does. He's done many such things in my life, and in others' too.

Here's what I wonder about: Why is it that all these "healing ministries" don't go out and empty a hospital, like Jesus did during His earthly ministry. No "meeting", no money, just heal everyone in the place. Empty a cancer ward! Watch someone with a damaged spinal cord walk again. Then watch the medical folks standing around in shock as the patients get up and leave healthy and whole. That's what I'd like to see, and I have to think from what I read in the Gospels that Jesus would do exactly that if He were here today.

Amen, :blink: Sometimes it seems like it's all publicity. Sensationalism, flashy. I get skeptical when the dollar signs out do the healings.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Todd Bentley has/does prayed for people who are dying and they've been healed. Money has been collected about 3 times out of 3 weeks.

I'm WOF!! Instead of viewing with specific mindsets why not just worship Yahweh.