• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

I just have little patience for men of God who actually seek out the media to bring negative attention to Christians. It's one thing if they fall or if they say something silly and the media catches it and runs with it.

:thumbsup: My thoughts as well, which is why I was so unsettled after reading this article.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

:thumbsup:

I agree!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/11/1963

There's a difference in discussing topics that we can learn from, edify and build the faith of the body, also to reconsile the lost to Jesus Christ, none of that is going on here, it's just gossip. Let's just pray instead for another christian marriage that went awry.

I agree with you also seems to me that when someone falls some people just kick you down even further you are suppose to pray for people on here I really think that people on here are fault finders and I really am going to stop getting on here the more I get on here the more I get distracted and I think its time for me too stay away from here ...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

His Own: I think I stand corrected.

I think. Not sure. Appreciate your thoughts in any case.....

Thanks for reading and considering. You are precious.

he choked her, pushed her down and kicked and stomped her.

Any pastor accused of such, rightly or wrongfully would not want this aired for the world to see.

Absolutely true, NO ONE wants these things aired publicly. But sometimes it seems that is the only thing that will allow them to break out of their self-righteousness and denial to actually deal with the issue. I don't think I would have believed that, if I were not so close to a situation where it appears we may need to bring "it" to the attention of others in order for "them" to deal honestly with the situation, rather than just brushing it aside.

Aren't those in spiritual authority to be judged?

WOW! Do you ask GOOD questions!! In this situation, I think only He really knows the answer to that one. Obviously, Matthew 18 says we are to deal with it privately, then with two or three, and then take it to the church. It seems a month is not a lot of time to "deal" with it. But what do you do when the one you are dealing with IS the head of the denomination, and there is not physical spiritual authority to whom one can appeal? Do we go to the head of another denomination? Is the principle: "Vengence is Mine" and let Him deal with it? If we followed Matthew, we have not been silent, we have brought it to the attention of the one who offended, so the blood of the rebellious one is not on our hands??

Okay, I think I stand corrected. I think. Not sure. [Love ya, Artsy!! :emot-hug: I know exactly what you mean!!] I Corinthians seems pretty plain that going before unbelievers is a shame, no if ands or buts. AND we are not to go to a "high and mighty" head of a denomination, but to the least esteemed. I was thinking you needed to find someone of his position or above, so he would listen to them. But that is not so. Do you suppose He is trying to tell His Own to be humble?? :thumbsup:

(Personal, but maybe Juanita is thinking along these lines as well: AAARRRGGGHHH!! Unless the Father intervenes, I think I just "lost" $8K that a "pastor" owes me. NOOO! But this pastor is rebellious!!! And this was a business deal! Surely that is not the same. He says he is a Christian. I believed him for years, but now I know him better. He lives and teaches New Age. He is a sheep in wolves clothing!! What about then?? Surely that is different? Any PMs of wisdom would be appreciated.)

1 Corinthians 6:1

Edited by His_Own

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

:emot-hug: Gee, I was just posting an article I found interesting, and I was also troubled by it. No gossip intended, just an article, and I didn't in my wildest dreams think this thread would turn out like this. :thumbsup:

Dear MathQueen,

I don't think anyone was saying you should not post it. I DO believe we need to know the truth. Thank you for sharing it.

I do believe that as we pray for those involved and consider these challenging things in His Spirit, He will teach us wisdom to properly apply His principles in our own lives. I have found in my life that if I am going through something, there are usually many others in the Body that are facing it as well. When we see this pattern of attack, we are more likely to take our eyes off the circumstances, recognize the attacker, and listen with more understanding to what our Father is saying.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I agree with you also seems to me that when someone falls some people just kick you down even further

But it seems that he's fallen and using this as some type of media opportunity. Doesn't sound like he's repentant. Would the media have recieved this info and run with it, had he not agreed to have it televised? Who knows, maybe he'll be on camera weepy and sorry and wanting forgiveness. If that's the case, I would be closer to changing my mind. But it would still be better if they'd tried to keep it private, imo.

His Own: Still not 100 percent sure.

:) I love you too.

As far as prayer for the situation. Would that be a good idea? Always.

Guest lovinghim4ever
Morons.

Now, to me name calling like this is where the gossip comes in.

There's no need for insults, but there is much need for prayer.

Everyone makes mistakes; whether in leadership or not.

It's just that the more high profile the leadership the more visible we are.

And, the more high profile the leadership the more prayer is needed.

:):emot-heartbeat::emot-crying:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Yes everyone makes mistakes, and I do believe these type things should be brought to light, but we should also be praying and hoping that it brings about a change of heart for those involved.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

<_<

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

"Brood of vipers", "hypocrites", "morons".... ??

Yes, everyone makes mistakes. It's not the mistakes I have a problem with. It's the media attention being sought.