• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1974

Hi everyone,

I haven't been a Christian too long - about four months. I have turned myself around 180 degrees as I heard my pastor say about himself. Well, today I have found myself slipping up and resorting to my old ways.

This is what happened...I was in the dunkin donuts drive through and all of a sudden I heard the roar of the fighter jets from our local air base. These were no ordinary jets, they are visiting from England. It was AMAZING - three of them flyin real low wing to wing! I quickly got my phone out to tell my husband they were headed his way and then it was my turn in line. I would never normally use the phone at a time like this, but I had to tell him!

I was trying to juggle the coffee, the change and the kids muffin all while telling DH to go outside. I'm not too coordinated as it is and I was fumbling around. As I was pulling out, the server at the window says, as he was turning away (really scarcasticly) "Don't drop your phone..."

Well, I slipped up. I was so shocked to hear that from him that I said, "Thanks for the advice A-h-."

:laugh:

I immediately regretted it, but still feel like a jerk. I asked for forgiveness and later my daughter told me she also asked God to forgive me. How's that for setting a good example?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Well, I slipped up. I was so shocked to hear that from him that I said, "Thanks for the advice A-h-."

:noidea:

I immediately regretted it, but still feel like a jerk. I asked for forgiveness and later my daughter told me she also asked God to forgive me. How's that for setting a good example?

Hey, you're human! Ask God to forgive you and move on. Also, you should thank your daughter for praying for you and explain to her that you are working very hard to follow Him in all you do. It's okay to let kids know we're not perfect; as long as they know we're trying very hard to set a good example and seeking forgiveness from the Lord. Stop hitting yourself with that bat now. :blink:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/10/1974

Thanks Glory....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

Hi everyone,

I haven't been a Christian too long - about four months. I have turned myself around 180 degrees as I heard my pastor say about himself. Well, today I have found myself slipping up and resorting to my old ways.

This is what happened...I was in the dunkin donuts drive through and all of a sudden I heard the roar of the fighter jets from our local air base. These were no ordinary jets, they are visiting from England. It was AMAZING - three of them flyin real low wing to wing! I quickly got my phone out to tell my husband they were headed his way and then it was my turn in line. I would never normally use the phone at a time like this, but I had to tell him!

I was trying to juggle the coffee, the change and the kids muffin all while telling DH to go outside. I'm not too coordinated as it is and I was fumbling around. As I was pulling out, the server at the window says, as he was turning away (really scarcasticly) "Don't drop your phone..."

:noidea:

in my opion it was a very good example..you messed up.."whitch you should get used to it doesnt go away..." you grieved, and apoligized..that's what being a christian is all about. trust me God is not surprised you did that...

Guest LadyC

oh man, i've done things like that before! i had a major slip up using the f word in front of the neighbors the other day.

God has forgiven you, mamato3... and i think it's such a blessing that your daughter prayed for you! that should show you right there what a powerful, positive influence you are over her, so don't beat yourself up over the bad example you were when you slipped.... you have obviously set the example for her to recognize a bad word, and to lift it up to God in prayer! that's awesome!

i hesitate to ask this... but have you considered going back to dunkin donuts and apologizing to the employee? i'm thinking that as humilating as that might be, it might also be an opportunity to witness, even if only briefly.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

Amen to all the above responses... Praise God for His Mercy and Grace... and that His tender mercies are new every morning... :noidea:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

oh man, i've done things like that before! i had a major slip up using the f word in front of the neighbors the other day.

God has forgiven you, mamato3... and i think it's such a blessing that your daughter prayed for you! that should show you right there what a powerful, positive influence you are over her, so don't beat yourself up over the bad example you were when you slipped.... you have obviously set the example for her to recognize a bad word, and to lift it up to God in prayer! that's awesome!

i hesitate to ask this... but have you considered going back to dunkin donuts and apologizing to the employee? i'm thinking that as humilating as that might be, it might also be an opportunity to witness, even if only briefly.

Good idea, Lady C! The next time I mess up and scream at someone I'm going to think of this (although I hope I never mess up again). It would also show the little girl how important it is to right the wrongs we do. :noidea:

Guest LadyC

yeah, well, i don't always practice what i preach.... i'm sitting here wiping my brown thinking "whew! good thing i have no clue who those neighbors were that heard me say that!" i know there were three people out there, but i didn't even notice what they looked like! :noidea:

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  545
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,390
  • Content Per Day:  5.09
  • Days Won:  248
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:noidea::blink::o:laugh: not that I phoned the manager of the local mac donalds after they messed up my granddaughters order and told him his staff were a load of dingbats or anything :blink::blink::blink: