• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I love Michael Reagan. He has always been right on with everything he says. He used to be on the radio here in the DFW area, and I would listen to him.

I'll be calling those numbers.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Very good article! And it is amazing how little most people actually know as to who is the blame for it all.

Thanks for posting!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I agree, but.............what good exactly will calling those people do?

• Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

what good. nada----------

• Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Yep, thats pretty much what I figured. :emot-questioned:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

That's what I realized, too, when I thought about it. I guess if 100 million people called, maybe, but that's not going to happen.

• 8 years later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 5/4/2008 at 7:22 PM, kat8585 said:

I love Michael Reagan. He has always been right on with everything he says. He used to be on the radio here in the DFW area, and I would listen to him.

I'll be calling those numbers.

On 5/4/2008 at 8:03 PM, Scarletprayers said:

The only place where we should place the blame is on the feet of Jesus:

·        “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11.28-30).

Our problem is not the intensity of the evil that surrounds us, but our lack of faith in Jesus and willingness to use every expression of wickedness to show the Favor, Word and character of Christ. We prefer to try to find a guilty man and punish him for taking us out of comfort, than multiply the talents and mines (Matt 25.26,27, Luke 19.22,23).

It is evil to be careless about our identity (we cannot hide who we are - see Mt 25:26). It is worth remembering that the first task that Adam received from the Eternal was to identify each animal (Gen. 2:19).

The good news is that the innocent need not pay for sinners. Jesus has already paid the price of others' sins so that we do not have to pay more for them; instead of this we had the resources to do all His will, passing amidst of all evil that come to us for sake of the sin of the others without suffering any harm (see Isa 43:1-5). Notice how the problem is not in the greatness of the evil of the enemy, but in our unwillingness to seek in the Eternal the manifestation of His grace.

Fortunately, grace and truth came with Jesus (John 1:17) and delivered us from this curse by giving us His eternal life (John 5:21; 6:63). It is enough to believe in Him (John 17.3) and time and calamities begin to favor us. Calamities become opportunities for Jesus to show himself through us (2Cor 4.10,11; Phil 2:14,15), and time, the rush of our encounter with Jesus.

If, instead of kicking against the pricks (Acts 9:5) of the losses that individuals impose on us, we simply receive Jesus and His gifts, talents and forgiveness, we can rejoice and grow even in the midst of the greatest judgments (see Luke 21:25-28). Together with the temptation and the tempest to come upon the wicked, the Eternal gives the escape (Nahum 1.3; 1Cor 10.12,13).

May Jesus help us to be the solution to the problem instead of wasting time trying to blame someone else.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

We have an obligation to take care of our environment as well.   There has to be a balance.  We don't want to destroy life giving oxygen producing greenery like trees that absorb the carbon dioxide that can destroy our earth.  We don't want to use lead shot and bullets when hunting which when left in soil give lead poisoning, a horrendous death, to birds and the wildlife that consume them as gravel for their gizzards--a part of their digestive system.  There are common sense things that we can do that are not a great inconvenience to the general population.  We can do a better job of managing public lands and prevent over grazing and destruction.  We need to protect the food chain and the balance of nature.  I know people who kill off eagles and hawks that keep the rodent population in check.  This is senseless.  

I do believe we need to be independent of foreign fuel and utilize environmentally safe practices as well.  The Audubon Society is not your enemy.  The Nature Conservancy is a militant group that is associated with Audubon.  There are more apt to be extremists in it, but not all are.  People who love the Lord believe in the primacy of human beings.  We are more apt to establish good priorities than animists and earth worshippers.