• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,840
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

:) ps 121;4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep . :noidea:

I wan't one of those things in my signature.

I thought embedded objects were prohibited within posts.......have things changed? :noidea:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I was watching a Christian program and the host asked all Christians, worldwide, to pray for Israel, this Sunday. Today on Mother Day. Today is supposed to be World Prayer Day. He asked that we all pray that the Holy Spirit will descend on the land of Israel in a very powerful way. Just swamp it with His power. And that is what I intend to do.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Yes, it's true. At least if you listen to popular opinion.

I go on a great many forums, listen to a great many points of view.

And one thing I've noticed in recent years is the re-emergent belief that it is the Jews who are responsible for all the world's ills.

I never thought this would happen again. But people seem to have bought wholesale once again into the belief that the Jews are our enemies, and must be eradicated, at all costs.

Jews were responsible for 9/11

Jews were responsible for Hurricane Katrina

Jews are responsible for the latest stock market crash, world-wide

The holocaust was 'manufactured' by the Jews, and never really happened.....despite the fact that my own father fought in WWII to free Europe from Nazi occupation.

Jews kill innocent civilians in the West Bank and Gaza.....when in fact it is the other way around. Militants all too readily use civilians as human shields, and continue to pour high-explosive warheads into Israeli civilian towns......yet they cry 'murder' if any palestinian civilian is killed.

This is only the tip of the iceberg. I have noticed, over several years, a growing tendency to label Israel as the evil entity of the world.

20 years ago, I never would have thought that this could ever happen again. I would have thought that the world would have seen sense after WWII.

Not so, it seems.

Israel is again in the spotlight as the embodiment of all the evil in the world.

Has anyone else noticed this? :emot-highfive:

Wherever I go on the internet these days, Israel has the 'bad press'. People from all walks of life (believer and unbeliever), seem to agree that Israel is the aggressor.

My own take on this?

Since God first established Israel as his 'special possession', there have been those who have sought to 'wipe her out'. Primarily because Israel was the visible evidence of God's work in the world, and His claim on humanity.

These people that rail so much against Israel.......would they be satisfied if the muslim 'Sharia' law was to take over in their lands?

God's dealings with Israel are a type of His dealings with us, in my opinion.

He has been faithful to Israel. He will be faithful to us. And on that, we depend.

I have also noticed that those that are opposed to Israel seem to be opposed to fundamentalist Christianity.

My bible also shows God's faithfulness (throughout the ages, and in no uncertain terms), both to Israel, and to his chosen ones.

God said that if day and night were ever to cease, then He will cast Israel off. He also said that if we can discover the foundations of the world, that He will cast Israel off. Day and night have not yet ceased, to my knowledge. And God Himself said that 'He hangs the earth upon nothing'.

We are inextricably linked with the fortunes of Israel, in a prophetic sense.

But the whole world seems to have caught the 'blame the Jew' fever once again.

Does anyone beside me notice this? :emot-highfive::blink:

I agree whole heartedly and consider this. The more the Jewish people are hated and persecuted through out the world the more they will be returning to the land of their ancestors

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

:emot-highfive: ps 121;4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep . :emot-heartbeat:

I thought embedded objects were prohibited within posts.......have things changed? :emot-highfive:

Butterfly has been a member since '02, before they got rid of all graphics. She probably never changed her signature since that time. As long as she never tries to change it again, she gets to keep the graphic. If she ever decides to change her signature the graphic will be gone forever.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,840
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

:th_praying: ps 121;4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep . :emot-heartbeat:

I thought embedded objects were prohibited within posts.......have things changed? :emot-highfive:

Butterfly has been a member since '02, before they got rid of all graphics. She probably never changed her signature since that time. As long as she never tries to change it again, she gets to keep the graphic. If she ever decides to change her signature the graphic will be gone forever.

Aahh...................I thought as much......it's a conspiracy :emot-highfive:

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,795
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  224
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Sweety my daughter is married to the son of a jewish man. Sadly although the father is one of the leading lights in the local synagog he has never taught his children any of their heritage BUT if another holocast should become a reality then his son and my grandchildren would be considered "jewish" and would be in danger. The even sadder fact is that until the jews are in danger of persecution they will not return to the promised land and that is what must happen according to the bible so I pray and pray and try not to worry as God has it all worked out :emot-hug:

Guest shiloh357
Yes, it's true. At least if you listen to popular opinion.

I go on a great many forums, listen to a great many points of view.

And one thing I've noticed in recent years is the re-emergent belief that it is the Jews who are responsible for all the world's ills.

I never thought this would happen again. But people seem to have bought wholesale once again into the belief that the Jews are our enemies, and must be eradicated, at all costs.

Jews were responsible for 9/11

Jews were responsible for Hurricane Katrina

Jews are responsible for the latest stock market crash, world-wide

The holocaust was 'manufactured' by the Jews, and never really happened.....despite the fact that my own father fought in WWII to free Europe from Nazi occupation.

Jews kill innocent civilians in the West Bank and Gaza.....when in fact it is the other way around. Militants all too readily use civilians as human shields, and continue to pour high-explosive warheads into Israeli civilian towns......yet they cry 'murder' if any palestinian civilian is killed.

This is only the tip of the iceberg. I have noticed, over several years, a growing tendency to label Israel as the evil entity of the world.

20 years ago, I never would have thought that this could ever happen again. I would have thought that the world would have seen sense after WWII.

Not so, it seems.

Israel is again in the spotlight as the embodiment of all the evil in the world.

Has anyone else noticed this? :laugh:

Wherever I go on the internet these days, Israel has the 'bad press'. People from all walks of life (believer and unbeliever), seem to agree that Israel is the aggressor.

My own take on this?

Since God first established Israel as his 'special possession', there have been those who have sought to 'wipe her out'. Primarily because Israel was the visible evidence of God's work in the world, and His claim on humanity.

These people that rail so much against Israel.......would they be satisfied if the muslim 'Sharia' law was to take over in their lands?

God's dealings with Israel are a type of His dealings with us, in my opinion.

He has been faithful to Israel. He will be faithful to us. And on that, we depend.

I have also noticed that those that are opposed to Israel seem to be opposed to fundamentalist Christianity.

My bible also shows God's faithfulness (thoughout the ages, and in no uncertain terms), both to Israel, and to his chosen ones.

God said that if day and night were ever to cease, then He will cast Israel off. He also said that if we can discover the foundations of the world, that He will cast Israel off. Day and night have not yet ceased, to my knowledge. And God Himself said that 'He hangs the earth upon nothing'.

We are inextricably linked with the fortunes of Israel, in a prophetic sense.

But the whole world seems to have caught the 'blame the Jew' fever once again.

Does anyone beside me notice this? :whistling: :whistling:

The Jews have always been the world's scapegoat. Jews are an easy target for derision and persecution. The Jewish people are the only race of people that have for centuries since the days of Pharoah, been universally targeted as objects of hate.

Despite the medical and technological advancements Israel has given to the world, despite the lives that have been saved by medical procedures developed in Israel, Jews, especially those in Israel, are blamed for the woes of many countries in the world hundreds of miles away that have no material connection with Israel. Israsel's enemies refuse to take responsibility for their contribution to oppression, war, poverty, gender apartheid, starvation, etc. because as long as they can blame Israel, they will continue to kill, steal and destroy in impunity, while a gullible world, drunk with anti-Semitic hate, drones endllessly about Israel's "policies" instead of correctly identifying the true sources of world's problems.

Even some of our leaders in the US blame the inability to bring lasting peace in Iraq on the "Israel problem." Israel has absolutely no material connection to what is happening in Iraq (unless you believe the kooks and weirdos with their conspiracy theories) yet Israel until Israel surrenders its jugular to the Palestinians, they continue to bear the blame for the conflict in Iraq as well as the problems of whole world.

Some Christians continue to pervert history and even Bible prophecy in an order to discredit the rebirth of Israel, even though it matches end-time prophecy point for point. If you are caught up in the delusional, anti-Semitic drivel that the Church is Israel, then it behooves such a person to do all they can do, to make every effort to discredit and disparage the nation of Israel in any manner possible. It is easier to do that, than to swallow one's pride and believe the Bible was right.

Satan hates Israel and he is using everything and everyone he can to destroy Israel in the arena of public opinion, as well as discourage Christians standing in solidarity with the Chosen people against terrorism.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I recently read Marlon Brando's opinion of the Jews and found it interesting.

I attended the New School for Social Research for only a year, but what a year it was. The school and New York itself had become a sanctuary for hundreds of extraordinary European Jews who had fled Germany and other countries before and during World War II, and they were enriching the city's intellectual life with an intensity that has probably never been equaled anywhere during a comparable period of time. I was raised largely by these Jews. I lived in a world of Jews. They were my teachers; they were my employers. They were my friends. They introduced me to a world of books and ideas that I didn't know existed. I stayed up all night with them--asking questions, arguing, probing, discovering how little I knew, learning how inarticulate I was and how abysmal my education was. I hadn't even finished high school, and many of them had advanced degrees from the finest institutions in Europe. I felt dumb and ashamed, but they gave me an appetite to learn everything. They made me hungry for information. I believed that if I had more knowledge I'd be smarter, which I now realize isn't true. I read Kant, Rousseau, Nietzsche, Locke, Melville, Tolstoy, Faulkner, Dostoyevsky and books by dozens of other authors, many of which I never understood.

The New School was a way station for some of the finest Jewish intellectuals from Europe, a temporary haven before they left to join the faculties at universities like Princeton, Yale and Harvard. They were the cream of Europe's academicians, and as teachers they were extraordinary.

One of the great mysteries that has always puzzled me is how Jews, who account for such a tiny fraction of the world's population, have been able to achieve so much and excel in so many different fields--science, music, medicine, literature, arts, business and more. If you listed the most influential people of the last three hundred years, three at the top of the list would be Einstein, Freud and Marx; all were Jews. Many more belong on the list, yet Jews comprise at most less than 3 percent of the United States population. They are an amazing people. Imagine the persecution they endured over the centuries: pogroms, temple burnings, Cossack raids, uprootings of families, their dispersal to the winds and the Holocaust. After the Diaspora, they could not own land or worship in much of the world; they were prohibited from voting and were told where to live. Yet their culture survived and Jews became by far the most accomplished people per capita that the world has ever produced.

For a while I thought that the brilliance and success of Jews was the cumulative yield of an extraordinary rich pool of genes in the Middle East produced over eons by evolution. But then I realized that my theory didn't hold up because following the Diaspora, Ashkenazic Jews evolved into a group physically much different from Sephardic Jews. Spanish Jews had nothing in common with Russian Jews; in fact they could not even speak to them. Russian Jews were isolated from German Jews, who thought of themselves as separate and superior, an Eastern European Jews had nothing to do with the Sephardic Jews. Besides, there had been so much intermarriage over the centuries that genetics alone couldn't explain the phenomenon.

After talking to many Jews and reading about Jewish history and culture, I finally came to the conclusion that in the end being Jewish was a cultural phenomenon rather than a genetic one. It is a state of mind. There is a Yiddish word, seychel, that provides a key to explaining the most profound aspects of Jewish culture. It means to pursue knowledge and to leave the world a better place than when you entered it. Jews revere education and hard work, and they pass these values on from one generation to the next. As far as I am aware, this dynamic and emphasis on excellence is paralleled only in certain Asian cultures. It must be this cultural tradition that accounts for their amazing success, along with Judaism, the one constant that survived while the Jews were dispersed around the world.

Traditions passed on via the Torah and Talmud have somehow helped Jews to fulfill the destiny they have claimed, a kind of "chosen people," if spectacular success in so many, many fields is proof of that. Whatever the reasons for their brilliance and success, I was never educated until I was exposed to them. They introduced me to a sense of culture that has lasted me a lifetime.

source: http://www.adherents.com/people/pb/Marlon_Brando.html

Personally, I believe, if given the opportunity, every human alive is capable of contributing something wonderful to the world. Yes, we all CAN get along. When we stop pointing blame and thinking ourselves better than the "others".

"Addressing the idea that the Jews are God's chosen people, Einstein wrote that "the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are also no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them."

Whenever I hear this anti-Jewish, anti-Israel nonsense, I always ask the speaker a simple question: Do you think for an instant that the Palestinians would have given the land back if they had won the war they started in '48? :blink:

good point...except there was no such thing as a Palestinian until Yassir Arafat invented them after 1967

Where were "they" from 1948 to 1967? It took him 19 years to dream an illusional fantasy of a nation that never existed.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Whenever I hear this anti-Jewish, anti-Israel nonsense, I always ask the speaker a simple question: Do you think for an instant that the Palestinians would have given the land back if they had won the war they started in '48? <_<

good point...except there was no such thing as a Palestinian until Yassir Arafat invented them after 1967

Where were "they" from 1948 to 1967? It took him 19 years to dream an illusional fantasy of a nation that never existed.

:th_praying: