• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

So just following on from the above.

1. Can John 1:1 be translated this way; "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was divine".

I am just trying to establish some facts here.

2a. If we quote the Bible should we not keep to Biblical words. The word Trinity is not Biblical...so if one wishes to replace this word would not Godhead be a more Biblical word.

2b. Also "God the Son" is not a Biblical phrase...rather "Son of God" is so can this reference be used.

3. Now Jesus is referred to as Isa 9:6 as "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

4. Is Jesus YHWH of the Old Testament...this will bring some bearing to the argument...if He is than what name is given to His Father?

That is enough for now.

Blessings

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/20/1959

Russell asked:

Is Jesus YHWH of the Old Testament...this will bring some bearing to the argument...if He is than what name is given to His Father?

God the Father is Yahweh

Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior is Yeshua

the Holy Spirit is Hagios Pneuma

I do not agree with Other One's assumption that Moses saw Jesus. Moses was in the presence of God the Father, but did not see His face. All three entities, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, make up One God. How do you describe something that you cannot yet comprehend? The idea of the Trinity ir true no matter how you choose to attempt to describe it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I think it's entirely possible that Moses saw Jesus. Just as it is entirely possible that Abraham met Jesus, as well as Joshua.

The Trinity is entirely too mysterious to comprehend with our limited human intellect. For example, try wrapping you brain around this:

The Bible tells us that God exists from eternity to eternity (From eternity past to eternity future). The Bible also tells us that God's wisdom righteousness, holiness, justness, and might are completely incomprehensive to us (That is, God is all-powerful, all-holy, ever just, etc.). Okay, we've established those two things. God is ever present, and ever living; and God is all holy and powerful. But do you get it? You cannot. You cannot grasp these two things because, A) No human is ever present and ever living and, B) No human is all holy and all powerful.

But get this, here's another thing that Christians have pondered over for thousands of years:

In Genesis 1:26 the Bible says that God created man in His own image and after His own likeness. So does that mean that we look like God, or does it mean that we resemble God only in a spiritual way? Some people because of their limited view have come to the conclusion that we resemble God only in a spiritual way, claiming that because God is Spirit He has no physical form. Others will tell you that the words "image" and "likeness" are physical words, and indeed they are!

In the Hebrew these two words refer to the physical nature of things. In the Hebrew image is strongly related to graven images or an identical duplication of the original in cast form. Likeness in the Hebrew indicates something that is made in the form of, but not necesarilly an exact duplication. In modern terms we might think of image as a photo, and likeness as an abstract painting or even a shadow. Your shadow has your likeness, but it is not an image.

So here's the twister for you: At one point in time in human history, that is in our timeline, the eternal God entered into the world as a real human being. The eternal God (Not just one third of the Godhead, mind you) became a man known as Jesus Christ. However, God did not leave eternity. Eternity was not void of His presence while He dwelt on the earth as this little man from Nazareth. Neither did God limit Himself to such an extent that He was not in control of the entire universe while He was there in Bethlehem as a tiny baby.

Therefore, since God did not limit Himself in the two respects we discussed above, it is entirely possible that God's creation of man in Genesis 1:26 was according to the likeness and the image of the man God became in John 1:14! This makes it entirely plausable that the pre-incarnate Jesus Himself met Abraham and met Joshua in the flesh, even in the glorified and transformed flesh of the resurrected Christ.

Think about that for a while....

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

A quick understanding of this is God The Father is Himself, and is not less then Himself, yet He sent The Word out of Himself, and The Word became separate, yet still in The Father, and The Word is The Father, and yet less then the Father, both are The Father, but The Word is in manifestation The Father, and is less then Him that is why we call Him The Word, and not The Father, but that is also why we call Him The Father. We are made in God's image, the word we have inside of us, comes out from us, and is with us, and when the word comes from us, the word accomplishes the purposes the word has, thus this is what happened with YaHoSHia(Jesus), you might be surprised to understand YaHoSHia, is in Hebrew how I believe YeHuSHua is really said, I got this from the time when David, spoke to The Philistine, Goliath. Why do I think this, because YaH is The Name of God, and HoSHia well you can look up the prophet HoSHia, and find out what that means. It is a good understanding.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Ouch. Brain...in....pain....can't....think.... ah....ah.......ahhhhhhh :sleep:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

A quick understanding of this is God The Father is Himself, and is not less then Himself, yet He sent The Word out of Himself, and The Word became separate, yet still in The Father, and The Word is The Father, and yet less then the Father, both are The Father, but The Word is in manifestation The Father, and is less then Him that is why we call Him The Word, and not The Father, but that is also why we call Him The Father. We are made in God's image, the word we have inside of us, comes out from us, and is with us, and when the word comes from us, the word accomplishes the purposes the word has, thus this is what happened with YaHoSHia(Jesus), you might be surprised to understand YaHoSHia, is in Hebrew how I believe YeHuSHua is really said, I got this from the time when David, spoke to The Philistine, Goliath. Why do I think this, because YaH is The Name of God, and HoSHia well you can look up the prophet HoSHia, and find out what that means. It is a good understanding.

This is your brother, AfJ, :D

I have come to say :D

But these few words :D

To bring clarity :x:

To edify :suspect:

To ease the pain :sweating: :sweating:

For your poor brain. :!!!:

Guest olivetree

JESUS CHRIST[GOD] has many names in the Bible.

In Isaiah HE is called MIGHTY GOD and EVERLASTING FATHER [chapter 9]

HE was the LORD GOD [i AM] that was standing in the burning bush calling to Moses

[Exodus chapter 3] and [John chapter 8]

JESUS was the ONE who wrestled all night with Jacob and changed his name to Israel [Genesis chapter 32]

Joshua worshipped JESUS as GOD [Joshua chapter 5]

King David of Israel called JESUS LORD [Luke chapter 20]

Abraham had communion with JESUS [MELCHIZEDEK[ [Genesis chapter 14 and Hebrews chapter7]

The Scriptures are full of examples where JESUS was worshipped os the LORD GOD

In HIM [JESUS] dwells all the Fullness of the GODHEAD bodily.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

Actually eternal Father, I think in Hebrew is called Father debar, what do you think that means, I think it means the Father separated from Himself.