• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

I personally cannot think of a better way for Scott McClellan to become an instant multi-millionaire. He is clearly a smart man who knew exactly what he was doing and its not like he is going to damage Bush's reputation. They only people buying this book are the people who hate him anyway...if his friendship to Bush is not that important to him (and clearly it is not), then why not make a quick buck on the gullible 'intellectuals' that will be buying this book.

I think McClellan is laughing all the way to the bank on this one!

and it's an election year.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Now we get to see libs like bucktesystem and lorax climb out of the woodwork and praise this brave soul who is NOW telling the truth. Its not hard to make a liberal happy...just tell them what they want to hear. I totally agree with you that he is a shameless opportunist...but he wouldn't have that opportunity if it wasn't for wishy-washy liberals who HE KNEW would buy into this garbage without asking any serious questions.

You're still stretching, axxman. Mr. Bush has just as many enemies in the GOP as 'liberal' ones. I see the pinning of little labels on people as offensive since very few of us are all one way or the other. So you're saying, without 'liberals' in the picture, this book would not have been written? Give me a break. Low standards and few morals are not confined to any one political mindset. :24:

I'm not sure what you mean with your last sentence. Politically speaking, the platform of both parties are very different and low standards and few morals definitely explain one far more than the other. :74_74:

You don't understand???? :th_praying: Okay, what I mean is that low standards and few morals are typical of BOTH parties. Please don't try to point to the shining example of the Republican party......they are just as bad as the Democrats; in fact, I have a hard time finding any difference between the two. The platforms may be different but the lies are the same. THAT'S what I mean. :24:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Now we get to see libs like bucktesystem and lorax climb out of the woodwork and praise this brave soul who is NOW telling the truth. Its not hard to make a liberal happy...just tell them what they want to hear. I totally agree with you that he is a shameless opportunist...but he wouldn't have that opportunity if it wasn't for wishy-washy liberals who HE KNEW would buy into this garbage without asking any serious questions.

You're still stretching, axxman. Mr. Bush has just as many enemies in the GOP as 'liberal' ones. I see the pinning of little labels on people as offensive since very few of us are all one way or the other. So you're saying, without 'liberals' in the picture, this book would not have been written? Give me a break. Low standards and few morals are not confined to any one political mindset. :hmmm:

I'm not sure what you mean with your last sentence. Politically speaking, the platform of both parties are very different and low standards and few morals definitely explain one far more than the other. :)

You don't understand???? :emot-questioned: Okay, what I mean is that low standards and few morals are typical of BOTH parties. Please don't try to point to the shining example of the Republican party......they are just as bad as the Democrats; in fact, I have a hard time finding anything difference between the two. The platforms may be different but the lies are the same. THAT'S what I mean. :24:

I'm not saying the Republican party isn't without its problems but to say both parties hold to the same standards is being dishonest in itself. To, say, compare McCain to Hillary and Obama is simply not fair which is basically what you are saying, then? :)

And the fact that Repubs are having a hard time swallowing the idea of McCain being the nominee and have been hard on Bush also speaks volumes no matter what your opinion might be.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because until my party stops holding our owns feet to the fire among other things we will always be at the very least a step above morally.

There is a reason most Christians vote Republican...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I personally cannot think of a better way for Scott McClellan to become an instant multi-millionaire. He is clearly a smart man who knew exactly what he was doing and its not like he is going to damage Bush's reputation. They only people buying this book are the people who hate him anyway...if his friendship to Bush is not that important to him (and clearly it is not), then why not make a quick buck on the gullible 'intellectuals' that will be buying this book.

I think McClellan is laughing all the way to the bank on this one!

and it's an election year.

Exactly. :emot-questioned: If he wrote a book saying how great the President is and defended the war, I can count on one hand how books would sell. It ALWAYS seems to come down to GREED and ignorance. His greed and the public's ignorance... :hmmm:

I'm not saying the Republican party isn't without its problems but to say both parties hold to the same standards is being dishonest in itself. To, say, compare McCain to Hillary and Obama is simply not fair which is basically what you are saying, then? :blink:

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Mr. McCain is okay but he's just a politician like the others.

And the fact that Repubs are having a hard time swallowing the idea of McCain being the nominee and have been hard on Bush also speaks volumes no matter what your opinion might be.

Because they think he's too 'Democrat'....and they're right. And please show me where the GOP has been hard on President Bush? I must have missed that one.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because until my party stops holding our owns feet to the fire among other things we will always be at the very least a step above morally.

A step above nothing is still nothing.

Yes, there is. It's the abortion issue. And rightfully so; it's the reason I became a Republican myself, back in the nineties.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

It has to do with liberals because they fall for this type of flip-flopping. Last I heard, Scott McClellan was a puppet for the Bush admin and was greatly reviled by liberals and the media establishment as a person who hid the truth, and covered up for the White House. Now...now, he is trustworthy and their friend.

...Perhaps because the puppet strings have been cut. (Duh?)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

You're still stretching, axxman. Mr. Bush has just as many enemies in the GOP as 'liberal' ones. I see the pinning of little labels on people as offensive since very few of us are all one way or the other. So you're saying, without 'liberals' in the picture, this book would not have been written? Give me a break. Low standards and few morals are not confined to any one political mindset. :laugh:

:blink:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Mr. McCain is okay but he's just a politician like the others.

Except that for starters he is pro-life while Obama and Hillary support abortion to the point of vetoing a ban on the horrific procedure known as partial birth abortion, he is fiscally more conservative when it comes to things like health-care etc. meaning he understands God made people capable enough, and he's far more wise when it comes to foreign policy.

So yes, there is a difference when it comes to moral standards and these three candidates.

Because they think he's too 'Democrat'....and they're right. And please show me where the GOP has been hard on President Bush? I must have missed that one.

I am talking about the base of the party. Because we do hold higher standards, visit any number of conservative political boards and you will see just how frustrated a lot of conservatives have been with Bush. Especially when it comes to illegal immigration and govt. spending.

When Clinton was exposed for his wrong-doings his party defended him and tried to tell us sexual matters were "none of our business." And that is just for starters...

My philosophy was and remains to be that since they already hold to things like killing unborn babies and stealing money away from hardworking Americans, they had and will continue to have more room to live by very little, if any, standards.

It is not that way for Republicans. Period.

A step above nothing is still nothing.

And if you choose to view the Republican party as nothing then that is your perogative but I wholeheartedly disagree with you.

Yes, there is. It's the abortion issue. And rightfully so; it's the reason I became a Republican myself, back in the nineties.

Again, you speak for yourself. Yes, purposely killing our most weak and defenseless is a huge deal (yet you say there is no difference?) but it is not just that.

Biblically we are told to go out to the poor and share the good news. Dems think throwing them a check by stealing from others who work hard is the way to reach them. Church's believe and understand we are called for something MUCH MORE - to actually go out and witness. I've seen youth groups prepare brown-bagged meals and go on the streets and meet up with these folks, get to know them personally and share the one thing that will actually give them purpose and hope. Our church does something similar called the "backpack" ministry. My brother flew his youth group out to San Francisco from Michigan to meet those who are homeless, and I mean, homeless.

He left with personal stories and connections that they continue to keep in prayer til this day.

THAT is where it is at, spiritually, and cutting taxes is one way Republicans recognize this. Democrats do not.

Far more people in the Republican party understand Government was established mainly to protect its country while democrats treat it as the end all to be all to "fix things" simply because it makes them feel good.

Never mind that it doesn't work, and biblically speaking God Himself was very big on personal responsibility.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

This thread has gotten a little off track.

Again, you speak for yourself. Yes, purposely killing our most weak and defenseless is a huge deal (yet you say there is no difference?) but it is not just that.

Biblically we are told to go out to the poor and share the good news. Dems think throwing them a check by stealing from others who work hard is the way to reach them. Church\'s believe and understand we are called for something MUCH MORE - to actually go out and witness. I\'ve seen youth groups prepare brown-bagged meals and go on the streets and meet up with these folks, get to know them personally and share the one thing that will actually give them purpose and hope. Our church does something similar called the \"backpack\" ministry. My brother flew his youth group out to San Francisco from Michigan to meet those who are homeless, and I mean, homeless.

He left with personal stories and connections that they continue to keep in prayer til this day.

THAT is where it is at, spiritually, and cutting taxes is one way Republicans recognize this. Democrats do not.

Far more people in the Republican party understand Government was established mainly to protect its country while democrats treat it as the end all to be all to "fix things" simply because it makes them feel good.

Never mind that it doesn't work, and biblically speaking God Himself was very big on personal responsibility.

McCain IS pro-life; that's good. But, truthfully, he has nothing else going for him that I can see. Neither do the other two candidates. (I like the story about the the back packers, btw; it's great.) The GOP does attempt to keep taxes low but in no way is that a spiritual thing. It's an 'about getting votes' thing. This ongoing dialogue about the GOP somehow being more attuned to Christians is simply hype. The Bush administration seems more interested in islam than Christianity, and in other countries more than this one.... if we want to strictly tell the truth here. I know that Mr. Bush is a Christian but I don't understand where he's coming from; I DO believe God doesn't prefer one party over another; He judges on an individual basis. No, the Republicans can't claim the moral high ground; they are in it to win it....same as the other side. :glare: