• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I think he's just disgruntled, and wants to make money.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

It's probably mostly true, he'd be crazy to write things that could be checked out and found to be lies, but......he could have waited until Mr. Bush was out of the White House. And, if he is supposed to be a friend of the President, then it's appalling that he would do this. The term 'weasel' keeps popping into my head. Money is a powerful motivator......... :24:

My sentiments exactly :laugh:

It's pretty tactless to do something like this while Bush is still in office. Save the money-making schemes for later!

• Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

I think we have got a lot of biases here.

What ever Scott McClellen was, he is now being honest and telling it like it is, or certainly the way he sees it. If he really was "disgruntled" and a"a liar" I am sure that this would soon be proved by libel suits.

This seems like "office politics at its worst". It is a common scenario that most of you must have seen in your own lives. Somebody speaks out about something, and it is a bit too scathing or close to the truth so everybody "gangs up on them", calls them "disgruntled" and "unreliabe" and "sour grapes" and tries to blacken their character.

Why do so many of you have to assume that it is Scott McClellen who is in the wrong.

There is nobody more catty than civil servants, and when their target is one of their own, they can be really nasty.

He must be right about his criticism of the media though. No agenda can survive long without an obsequious, obedient and very biased media.

It sounds a bit like our own PM when one of her ex-civil servants (or journalists or anyone else for that matter) says anything even slightly critical of her or her beliefs she comes out "spitting venom". She has labelled two journalists (two that I know of, there could be more) "little creeps" and refused to be interviewed by them.

Is it the same with your political system?

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

If he really was "disgruntled" and a"a liar" I am sure that this would soon be proved

It's already been challenged, tho not in court.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

Buckthesystem, I'm no fan of Bush, and I'm sure there will be a lot of truth in the book, but writing a book about grievances seemingly out of nowhere and while Bush is still in office just comes across as underhanded. The fact he's writing a book (aka trying to turn a profit) over this just seems like he's trying to cash in on the situation.

McClellen might be doing the right thing, but for the wrong reasons and at the wrong time.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

It's sad for all parties.

• Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

In a shocking turnabout..." a man who was constantly derided and mocked for being a puppet of the Bush administration is now a liberal media darling. Once considered an unreliable and untrustworthy source of information inside the White House by liberals, Scott McClellan now has a front row seat at every leftist media center.

Typical liberal hypocristy...

Use some common sense.

The man was a paid suit by the White House. Not anymore. Now he's at liberty to tell the truth. And--oh my--how neoconservatives can't stand the truth of this administration.

• Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

I think we have got a lot of biases here.

What ever Scott McClellen was, he is now being honest and telling it like it is, or certainly the way he sees it. If he really was "disgruntled" and a"a liar" I am sure that this would soon be proved by libel suits.

This seems like "office politics at its worst". It is a common scenario that most of you must have seen in your own lives. Somebody speaks out about something, and it is a bit too scathing or close to the truth so everybody "gangs up on them", calls them "disgruntled" and "unreliabe" and "sour grapes" and tries to blacken their character.

Why do so many of you have to assume that it is Scott McClellen who is in the wrong.

There is nobody more catty than civil servants, and when their target is one of their own, they can be really nasty.

He must be right about his criticism of the media though. No agenda can survive long without an obsequious, obedient and very biased media.

It sounds a bit like our own PM when one of her ex-civil servants (or journalists or anyone else for that matter) says anything even slightly critical of her or her beliefs she comes out "spitting venom". She has labelled two journalists (two that I know of, there could be more) "little creeps" and refused to be interviewed by them.

Is it the same with your political system?

:whistling:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Well - in my book - if what he says is true, and he knew it back then and didn't sound an alarm, or resign over it - then he's just as guilty.

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

Even if he was discgruntled, it does not necessarily mean that what he is saying is not true. However if it is true, Trav's question is pertinent