IGNORED

Outcry?

ted

Do you honestly believe that treating people like this is saving us?

the answer is.....

maybe.

Would wrapping an American in pig skin mean anything? No. We aren't from a culture that thinks this would keep us from heaven and 72 virgins.

If you think about the culture we are fighting, it is more humiliating that they are being controlled by wemon than anything else. To be stripped naked in the presence of a woman as a means of humiliation for interogation is much more humane than putting your toes through a plastic shredder....or a metal frame bed hooked up to a car battery.

But the reason why my answer to your question is "maybe" is because we STILL don't really know all the facts. All we know is that we have seen some images of Iraqis being humilated and abused (NOT tortured). I wonder if those pictures weren't released so Iraq WOULD see them?

Do you know that attacks against us have almost stopped since they came out? That beheading video happened weeks ago...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

I am just astounded that you denounce everything you knew to be right because of this. If this one thing is all it took to completely overhaul all your beliefs in the area, then........I'd better not say anymore. Especially since you "rest your case" with the words of Ted Kennedy as your justification. The things Ted Kennedy says are so over the top that ....whatever. I can't believe you do a complete 360 and just easily flip beliefs because 7 soldiers are idiots. I can't believe you all of a sudden think the military and the administration is evil because 7 soldiers are idiots. I don't even know what to type, and if I type any more I know I will be sorry. Guess I know when I'd better shut up.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I don't think you understood what I meant. When I said, I rest my case, what Kennedy said is proof that the idiots are in Washington as well as the few morons inthe prisons.

They're like gangrene and they're spreading.

Wrong is wrong. That's all there is to it. When we act in a manner that is one of integrity, I stand firm.

When we act in a manner that is horrific..and mimicks the works of sodom, that's when I say, "Lord, forgive us...for we have sinned against thee."

I know when I have to go to God and say, "Lord, we are wrong. We have abandoned your teachings and truths. We have thrown you out of our classrooms and courtrooms; our military now practices vulgar behaviors all in the name of "security".

What ever happened to decency? Is it not possible to live by the Geneva Convention? We DID agree to it, WIP. Or is it now everyone else who must abide by the GC and we're exempt?

I believe by walking in obedience to God, His hand of favor will cover us and protect us. We put too much confidence in our own abilities. It is Sovereign God who calls the shots. He's still in charge and He can still deliver us or send judgement.

They WERE tortured...with electric probes. They were stripped and exposed to extreme temperatures, according to the reports read to Rumsfeld. I've been deeply following this and the reports had HIM blushing.

Look, I love my country but I am ashamed of what has happened and I have asked God to not hold us all accountable for the acts of a few.

I suggest we all repent on behalf of those who have defiled our Judeo-Christian beliefs and begin to act like decent human beings.

Man, I can't believe this... really I can't.

For what it's worth and for the record: I love my country and more than that, I love our troops.

I am a veteran, my father and birthmother were Air Force veterans and my husband is a veteran.

Every week I go to a veterans hospital for excellent care and I can assure you, I see our boys with missing arms and legs all the time.

I LOVE my country so much that when a few bad apples disgrace us, I take it personal.

It also has a biblical precedent, too.

When Aiken stole the articles of booty (idols, gold, etc) from a defeated foe, (against God's explicit instructions), the next time they went to war against another warring tribe...God allowed the Israelites to be beaten in battle.

When the prophet asked God, "WHY have you allowed us to be defeated?"

God let him know it was because someone among you broke my laws and took the enemy's property (idols, etc) and hid it.

It turned out to be Aiken.

Now, talk about "hard"....the Israelites finally got Aiken to confess his deeds and what happened? They took Aiken, his wife, children and animals and encircled them and stoned them...even the animals.

Now, I didn't make that up...it's in the Bible. God holds us accountable for misdeeds and disobedience.

I know without ANY doubt that this was very displeasing to our Holy God. Even though these people are heathens, He happens to love them also. He wants them to see the light of Jesus, His Son ...in us.

How can they see that when a few bad apples are giving the impression that we're all perverts?

While others here seem to justify this disgusting behavior, I have cried buckets of tears in repentence for the acts of people I DON'T EVEN KNOW! Why?

Because I fear God removing His hand of protection from us. Because I've read the bible and know what history teaches....and when people do horrific things in the sight of God, their sins go right up to heaven and God will do justice.

So, I have done what all people should do..."Ask God to forgive our sin...(the sin of our people, as done by a few) and spare our country and punish not the lot of us..but have pity on us. "

I have also done what others should be doing...praying for "healing" of those men who were so horribly wounded by the shame and humiliation of their captors.

We cry out in our prayers, PLEASE God...save our POWS...but have no pity for these men?

Do you know some of them were not terrorists? Some were just scooped up in raids....

Have you seen the look of fear and terror on the faces of their wives and children?

I wonder if anyone has any compassion for anyone these days.

I don't wish evil on our country but I don't wish it on any other country either.

Mercy begets mercy...and evil begets evil.

BTW, I LOVE my enemies...I hate their sin but I love my enemies.

And my love for them will accomplish vastly more in the spirit realm that all of Homeland Security will ever do.

Obedience and reverence of the Living God can move mountains.

Disobedience can cause entire nations to crumble.

I bow the knee to the King and submit to His judgement. I pray His mercy be on us, for we have done an evil thing in His sight.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Here is part of the enemy we are fighting:

Photos published by the Boston Globe showing American soldiers raping Iraqi women are fake

The photos accompanied an article about Boston city councilor Chuck Turner, who distributed the graphic photographs yesterday at a press conference with activist Sadiki Kambon. Turner told reporters the photos showed U.S. soldiers raping Iraqi women

"The American people have a right and responsibility to see the pictures," Turner said.

Kambon, who is director of the Black Community Information Center, said at the news conference he received the photographs by e-mail from Akbar Muhammad, a representative for the Nation of Islam.

Need I say more.......these are American apologists whose strategy endangers our soldiers lives and our lives.

I think they should be brought up on charges for that...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=38464

Guest kitkat
Our country is plagued like a cancer and Satan is the catalyst for all this trauma.

As soon as we stem off the bleeding, another wound is inflicted.

Other: When I saw this stuff on television...regardless of who's behind it...CRF, Trilateralists, or AL Gore...(lol)...Do you know what I did, bruh?

I sat down in my prayer chair and I closed the doors in my special room and I just cried. I cried and cried. I cried OUT to God.

Do you know what I cared about? Was it the egg on our face? No. Was it the impact this would have on the Arab world? Heck no...they hate us anyway. Who cares?

I cried, brother...I cried...because the truth is that I feel such intense love for those prisoners and those common people in the streets and the little children and all of them...

I guess what's funny is that I actually love those people ...it's a deep, intense love and I want to be alight of Jesus Christ in the midst of all this misery and pain.

I just wish others felt this same yearning to reach the hurting people there instead of justify treating them a less than human.

You all feel as you will...all I feel is shame.

The below URL is my response to the quote above AND the URL's listed just below it. It is a miracle that I didn't have more to say in response to you, in light of the fact that you chose to cast aspersions, be rude and un-Christianlike to me and my husband in your posts!

http://www.worthyboards.com/forums/index.p...ndpost&p=144648

http://www.worthyboards.com/forums/index.p...ndpost&p=144611

http://www.worthyboards.com/forums/index.p...ndpost&p=144626

Edited by kitkat

I thought was interesting that someone said we need to do something more than pray.

That's where I disagree with you.

Guest charlie
I can't believe you do a complete 360 and just easily flip beliefs because 7 soldiers are idiots. I can't believe you all of a sudden think the military and the administration is evil because 7 soldiers are idiots.

Cats can speak for herself but after reading many of her posts I get the impression we've both changed our mind about the present administration and our military involvement in the last year. For me it wasn't an "easy flip" and it wasn't because of these 7 soldiers. It was more like different things adding up over time.

This same argument can be used for Muslims. Should we kill every last one of them to make sure we get a few terrorists. Yesterday they said during the hearing that over 90% of the prisoners that had been taken had already been released, so obviously they weren't terrorists, but many were probably abused. And why did the government "hold" Nick Berg and not even let him have a lawyer. He was an American citizen not a Arab or a Muslim. His parents had to file suit against Rumsfeld just to get him released. What was that all about??

Yod, how do you keep from getting banned from this board?

Guest LadyC

hmmm, sure didn't take long for my prediction to come true, for american people to start finding reasons to blame our government for nick berg's decapitation, did it?