IGNORED

Left Behind - will there be a "Rapture"?

ParanoidAndroid

Questions of the Rapture  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Rapture a biblical concept?

• Yes - 1 Thessalonians is clear on the issue!
    • No - the lack of historical evidence for early belief implies that this is not a biblical concept!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (ASV)13 But we would not have you ignorant, brethren, concerning them that fall asleep; that ye sorrow not, even as the rest, who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also that are fallen asleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we that are alive, that are left unto the coming of the Lord, shall in no wise precede them that are fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven, with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first; 17 then we that are alive, that are left, shall together with them be caught up in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:50-58 (ASV)50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We all shall not sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 But when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy victory? O death, where is thy sting? 56 The sting of death is sin; and the power of sin is the law: 57 but thanks be to God, who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not vain in the Lord.

EVERYBODY just loves to quote these scriptures you have just quoted when they are trying to justify this false belief of going to heaven as soon as we die. But parts of these scriptures are talking about SLEEPING in Jesus and incorruptible. So if as soon as we die we go straight to heaven and will be with God for ever more when will we have time to do any sleeping in Jesus? Will we go to sleep after we get to heaven? That would be a very boring exsistance in heaven don't you think? No wait a minute when we are sleeping in death we will now nothing so we won't even now that we are in heaven. Imagine that.

When we do go to heaven we will leave corruptible ( the flesh or mortality) and become incorruptible (immortal/glorified body). So assuming that we do go to heaven just as soon as we die we know that scripture tells us that we will be raised from the grave when Jesus comes back to collect us from the grave on Resurrection day. So does that mean that in order for Jesus to collect us from the grave that we will all leave heaven and re-inhabit corruptible so Jesus can rise us back out of the grave, so we can become incorruptible once again so we will be able to go back to heaven to be with the Lord?

And if when we die we will all go straight to heaven that would mean that ALL OF THE GRAVES would be empty on Resurrection day which would mean again that we would all who are in heaven need to do a mass migration back to the grave from heaven before Jesus would be able to fulfill prophetic scripture and raise us from the grave. I mean Jesus wouldn't be able to raise us from the grave unless we were all in the grave Right? Wouldn't that be a very embarrassing event for Jesus if when He came back for us the only Christians who would be raised would be only the living because all of the graves of those who are supposed to be sleeping in the grave and in Christ would already be empty when He got here.

:(:laugh::laugh::24: I do believe that event would make God a bald face lier if all of the graves were already empty and we were already in heaven before Jesus came back to collect us. Do you think God would get a good :laugh: out of making Jesus look like a fool in front of the whole world? I can hear Jesus now. Whoops! What happened? Where are they? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I can see that I didn't miss much in my absence. When a Christian physically dies, only the flesh and bones body goes to the grave. "Absent from the body - present with the Lord." Flesh and blood can NOT inherit the things of heaven, nor will flesh and blood be going to heaven. Your mockery of this serious topic indicates total ignorance of God's Word and Christianity. God will give His Children a glorified body at His Appointed time, and it certainly won't be what was left in a grave. It appears that you only think in the physical world and ignore the spiritual, so you would need to start at the beginning for any understanding. This is why God's word speaks of our flesh and bones bodies as a tent in this short life. It's temporary, and we won't be using it for Eternity. Laugh it up - Jesus Christ won't be taking flesh and bones to heaven. Your laughter is actually mockery of God's Promises, and it isn't funny at all.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (ASV)13 But we would not have you ignorant, brethren, concerning them that fall asleep; that ye sorrow not, even as the rest, who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also that are fallen asleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we that are alive, that are left unto the coming of the Lord, shall in no wise precede them that are fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven, with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first; 17 then we that are alive, that are left, shall together with them be caught up in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:50-58 (ASV)50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We all shall not sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 But when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy victory? O death, where is thy sting? 56 The sting of death is sin; and the power of sin is the law: 57 but thanks be to God, who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not vain in the Lord.

EVERYBODY just loves to quote these scriptures you have just quoted when they are trying to justify this false belief of going to heaven as soon as we die. But parts of these scriptures are talking about SLEEPING in Jesus and incorruptible. So if as soon as we die we go straight to heaven and will be with God for ever more when will we have time to do any sleeping in Jesus? Will we go to sleep after we get to heaven? That would be a very boring exsistance in heaven don't you think? No wait a minute when we are sleeping in death we will now nothing so we won't even now that we are in heaven. Imagine that.

When we do go to heaven we will leave corruptible ( the flesh or mortality) and become incorruptible (immortal/glorified body). So assuming that we do go to heaven just as soon as we die we know that scripture tells us that we will be raised from the grave when Jesus comes back to collect us from the grave on Resurrection day. So does that mean that in order for Jesus to collect us from the grave that we will all leave heaven and re-inhabit corruptible so Jesus can rise us back out of the grave, so we can become incorruptible once again so we will be able to go back to heaven to be with the Lord?

And if when we die we will all go straight to heaven that would mean that ALL OF THE GRAVES would be empty on Resurrection day which would mean again that we would all who are in heaven need to do a mass migration back to the grave from heaven before Jesus would be able to fulfill prophetic scripture and raise us from the grave. I mean Jesus wouldn't be able to raise us from the grave unless we were all in the grave Right? Wouldn't that be a very embarrassing event for Jesus if when He came back for us the only Christians who would be raised would be only the living because all of the graves of those who are supposed to be sleeping in the grave and in Christ would already be empty when He got here.

:(:laugh::laugh::24: I do believe that event would make God a bald face lier if all of the graves were already empty and we were already in heaven before Jesus came back to collect us. Do you think God would get a good :laugh: out of making Jesus look like a fool in front of the whole world? I can hear Jesus now. Whoops! What happened? Where are they? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I can see that I didn't miss much in my absence. When a Christian physically dies, only the flesh and bones body goes to the grave. "Absent from the body - present with the Lord." Flesh and blood can NOT inherit the things of heaven, nor will flesh and blood be going to heaven. Your mockery of this serious topic indicates total ignorance of God's Word and Christianity. God will give His Children a glorified body at His Appointed time, and it certainly won't be what was left in a grave. It appears that you only think in the physical world and ignore the spiritual, so you would need to start at the beginning for any understanding. This is why God's word speaks of our flesh and bones bodies as a tent in this short life. It's temporary, and we won't be using it for Eternity. Laugh it up - Jesus Christ won't be taking flesh and bones to heaven. Your laughter is actually mockery of God's Promises, and it isn't funny at all.

Once again you have mis-quoted scripture to justify your false belief. Here let me clear this up for you by quoteing the entire verse and not just part of it as you have done.

2 Corinthians 5:8

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

So now as you can see that you lift out half of the verse. This verse does not say "to be absent from the body is to be in the present with the Lord" This verse is telling us that we are "CONFIDENT AND WILLING RATHER" to be absent from the body AND to be present with the Lord.

When the words "CONFIDENT AND WILLING RATHER" are lift out when quoting this verse the meaning of this verse is changed to fall in line with your false perception of this verse and when you quote this verse here or anywhere else other people (especially young Christians) read or hear you misquote this verse and are or may be lead astry by what you have said, That is unless they do as scripture tells us and study to be proved. At which point they will know that you have minipulated scripture to spread the false doctrine of going to heaven just as soon as we die.

As for mocking God's promise I never said that we will not be going to heaven but I did say that we won't be going to heaven when you say we will be going to heaven and I never said that flesh and bone would be going to heaven iether. Didn't you read my whole post? I did mention the glorified body part and the flesh and bone part also.

It looks like you read my post like you read the scripture. Only half of it. :P:laugh::laugh::laugh::24::24::24::24:

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

The original post asks: Will there be a Rapture.

The answer depends upon how one defines the word Rapture.

If you mean the changing of the bodies of live Believers from mortal to immortal, absolutely. It occurs on the last day, at the last trumpet.

If you mean the removal of the Believers from the planet, after which a mythical antichrist dictator will appear and take over the world....NO.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I do not believe in the "Rapture". The word "Rapture" is a Latin word and is not found in scripture anywhere. This "Rapture" theory was first taught by a man name John Darby and continued by C. I. Scofield. In the book of Matthew Jesus pronounced judgment on Israel. Because of their forefathers killing of the prophets and consist sin in the Old Testament. Scripture tells how God has blinded the eyes of Israel. Luke 17:21 tells us that the kingdom of God is within you. I believe that we need to look more into the life of John Darby and C.I. Scofield and the history of Israel the time it was written in.

I do not believe in the "Rapture". The word "Rapture" is a Latin word and is not found in scripture anywhere. This "Rapture" theory was first taught by a man name John Darby and continued by C. I. Scofield. In the book of Matthew Jesus pronounced judgment on Israel. Because of their forefathers killing of the prophets and consist sin in the Old Testament. Scripture tells how God has blinded the eyes of Israel. Luke 17:21 tells us that the kingdom of God is within you. I believe that we need to look more into the life of John Darby and C.I. Scofield and the history of Israel the time it was written in.

Actually you are mistaken. The rapture stuff started with a woman named Margrete McDonold in about 1830. It was then picked up by her pastor who was Edward Irving and then it was picked up by Darby and so on.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Actually you are mistaken. The rapture stuff started with a woman named Margrete McDonold in about 1830. It was then picked up by her pastor who was Edward Irving and then it was picked up by Darby and so on.

That isn't true.

That isn't true.

If you don't believe me do some research on it. Margret MacDonold was a sick woman who was bed ridden for many weeks during which time she had a series of dreams that she wrote down on paper and sent to Edward Irving.

Here is some proof.In 1826, John McLeod Campbell pastored the local parish in Rhu on the Garloch in West Scotland.

There he preached on the love of God and the humanity of Christ.18 Thousands came to Christ. Campbell

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I've done the research. It just isn't true. It is simply the hype of naysayers.

I've done the research. It just isn't true. It is simply the hype of naysayers.

Well then I guess all those people are liers. I get it you must be a pre-tribber.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

It's a matter of semantics and definition of terms. Rapture is just a way of describing the change of those still alive at the Second Coming.