At what point does love and acceptance become

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Tolerance can lead to apathy and acceptance. It de-sensitizes to sin. Most people see no harm in being overly tolerant. Until it's to late.

Rick

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

There is probably as much lack of tolerance amongst the body of Christ ...especially when there is unfounded rigidity and legalism.

Guest LCPGUY
Tolerance can lead to apathy and acceptance. It de-sensitizes to sin. Most people see no harm in being overly tolerant. Until it's to late.

Rick

Than you Rick, Right ON!!! :laugh:

Tolerance is a far cry from LOVE.

Bro John

Guest shadow2b
-But I would speak to the Almighty,and I desire to argue with G-d.

-uhhhhhhh??Botz-ole-chapp cudd yuse supply jest EXactly WHERE this scripture is located pleeezzeee?? :huh: OR is it a scripture at all??hmmmm?? :t2::huh:

-uhhhh??mayhap it is a quote from some intellectual literature that we might all benefit from??hmmmmm?? :laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

-But I would speak to the Almighty,and I desire to argue with G-d.

-uhhhhhhh??Botz-ole-chapp cudd yuse supply jest EXactly WHERE this scripture is located pleeezzeee?? :huh: OR is it a scripture at all??hmmmm?? :laugh::t2:

-uhhhh??mayhap it is a quote from some intellectual literature that we might all benefit from??hmmmmm?? :huh:

Come to think of it shadow that's a good point.

I wonder what botz is trying to say here?? :t2:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Jest a doggone moment while ay shoot them pesky varmints a troubling me.

I guess this is an aside to the thread...but I like the way we can so interact and be real with G-d that we can argue with Him amongst other things...and I often reflect on what has happened in the past in my own life...and the reality is that I have argued with the maker of Heaven and earth...and He still loves me. :t2:

Yosemite Sam would appreciate it.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/13/1976

Rick

Too true!!! Sadly :t2:

YSIC,

Alison :hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

I think there are two ways to approach this issue....all depending on who you are dealing with - a Believer or an unbeliever.

To the unbeliever, while sin is still terrible in every way, they simply don't know the truth and walk in darkness.

John 1:5

The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it

In this case, tolerance must be weight out and the sinner waited on since they simply do not understand what they are doing - they are dead in their sin....remember, Christ was VERY patient with us while were dead in our sins.

John 12:35

Then Jesus told them, "You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. The man who walks in the dark does not know where he is going

This does not condone their sins by any means - they are still in danger of hell. But you can't talk to someone who doesn't speak the same language....rather through your actions and your testimony through your life and how you conduct yourself, they see that Light of the Earth shining in the darkness ( Matthew 5:13-16 )

To the believer, we have a whole new set of standards. No tolerance and the Bible is clear. We read -

1 John 1:6

If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth.

Also in Hebrews we read -

Hebrews 10:26

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

In this case, the person should know better and must be admonished as outlined in Matthew 18:15-20

I think it's important to understand the two distinctions of who you are dealing with. Fellow believers are held accountable to each other and for a reason. So where does tolerance end and sin begin ? Great question, but I think it's dependant on the situation.

I'd go by this rule however -

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

-Ephesians 4:31-32

Can't go wrong there can ya ?

In His service,

Bob

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/13/1976

Nicely put Bob! I especially enjoyed your break-down of situations.

Here is another question:

forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

That being the case, if we took that as literal (which I agree with)... Christ forgives us - when we repent and ask for forgiveness. If we don't do this, He doesn't forgive us... (???)

1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

That also brings up another question:

In the Lord's prayer, it states

Luk 11:4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us.

Mat 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

So, lets say that there is a believer (#1)... who holds a grudge against another believer (#2)... Where does that leave believer #1?

Keeping this scripture in mind as well:

Mat 16:19 (and Mat 18:18) And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Do you think that also fits into the same scenario? Do you think that people confuse "tolerance" with "forgiveness"?

Thanks for your thoughts, and added scriptures!

YSIC,

Alison :hug: