PetriFB

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

The fact that people ARE decieved into believing the book proves that is not just a piece of fiction; rather, it proves that is a very dangerous piece of fiction. You need to come to grips with that part of reality.

No, I really don't....... it's not important to me. But you are certainly entitled to your opinion. :thumbsup:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
The fact that people ARE decieved into believing the book proves that is not just a piece of fiction; rather, it proves that is a very dangerous piece of fiction. You need to come to grips with that part of reality.

No, I really don't....... it's not important to me. But you are certainly entitled to your opinion. :thumbsup:

Hence the deception... that's how the enemy works. Thanks for making my point.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/26/1974

Just going to throw my two cents worth in on this discussion.

Yes the book is presented as fiction, but Dan Brown does not do enough to relay that message to the masses. He allows people to think that it has an underlying truth so he can make more money.

The book/movie is Blasphemy any way you look at it, even if it is presented as fiction, it is calling Our Lord a liar and a deceiver. It is bringing into question the accuracy of the Holy Scriptures.

As Bible believing Christians we can see through this, however for non believers and new Christians the deception, presented as fiction or not, is used by the enemy to shake their faith. It plants seeds of doubt in their carnal mind. Books like this and movies like Zeitgeist are but out there as a Spiritual weapon, plain and simply. It doesn't matter that the things in these types of movies are debunked and refuted, the seeds of doubt are planted in the carnal world.

It is our duty as Christians to defend the faith, standing by and allowing these deceptions to occur with our mouth shut is reckless.

Just going to throw my two cents worth in on this discussion.

Yes the book is presented as fiction, but Dan Brown does not do enough to relay that message to the masses. He allows people to think that it has an underlying truth so he can make more money.

The book/movie is Blasphemy any way you look at it, even if it is presented as fiction, it is calling Our Lord a liar and a deceiver. It is bringing into question the accuracy of the Holy Scriptures.

As Bible believing Christians we can see through this, however for non believers and new Christians the deception, presented as fiction or not, is used by the enemy to shake their faith. It plants seeds of doubt in their carnal mind. Books like this and movies like Zeitgeist are but out there as a Spiritual weapon, plain and simply. It doesn't matter that the things in these types of movies are debunked and refuted, the seeds of doubt are planted in the carnal world.

It is our duty as Christians to defend the faith, standing by and allowing these deceptions to occur with our mouth shut is reckless.

Okay, I agree with you (and with Shiloh) that this stuff is all wrong and contrary to Scripture. But, other than telling people that, what do you propose to do about it? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/26/1974

Okay, I agree with you (and with Shiloh) that this stuff is all wrong and contrary to Scripture. But, other than telling people that, what do you propose to do about it? :whistling:

The only thing we can do is educate ourselves with the Truth concerning the deceptions that are portrayed in works like these. So that when we hear people talking about the falsities, we are well armed with the facts. We may not be able to convince others but we can surely plant the good seed, instead of ignoring the subject and walking away.

The other thing we can do is stop supporting these types of things, don't buy the books, don't see the movies don't let anybody who is an adversary to our faith profit from us. If everyone who claims they are Christian stopped supporting and purchasing these anti-Christians products they would stop making them because there would be no profit in them. ;)

Okay, I agree with you (and with Shiloh) that this stuff is all wrong and contrary to Scripture. But, other than telling people that, what do you propose to do about it? :noidea:

The only thing we can do is educate ourselves with the Truth concerning the deceptions that are portrayed in works like these. So that when we hear people talking about the falsities, we are well armed with the facts. We may not be able to convince others but we can surely plant the good seed, instead of ignoring the subject and walking away.

The other thing we can do is stop supporting these types of things, don't buy the books, don't see the movies don't let anybody who is an adversary to our faith profit from us. If everyone who claims they are Christian stopped supporting and purchasing these anti-Christians products they would stop making them because there would be no profit in them. ;)

Actually, I did have this conversation with several people after I read the book....and they all agreed that it was just fiction. Of course, they are all believers so that's probably not indicative of anything. When I bought the book I really didn't realize that the book put forth the idea of a marriage between Jesus and Mary Magdalene (which is not new, as you know). I just like Dan Brown as a writer. I'm not sure if I would have bought it if I had known that, maybe not.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  177
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

morning glory you wrote:

The Da Vinci Code is a fantastic novel and I loved it; it is, however, just a novel. It's fiction and is put forth as such. It's not an attempt by Dan Brown to influence religion or anything else. It's just fiction.

the davinci code is not all the enemy is doing with fiction. fiction means not real. a lie is not real also. harry potter "novels" and movies are just fiction. however they have some of the basic teachings of witchcraft contained in the just fiction novels. thats being put in childrens hands "to encourage them to learn" is what the author states.

to anyone who dosent see this for what it is wake up. the enemy wants to kill your soul and if he can put a happy educational or fiction face on it to get the deception in your hands or childrens hands he will. he wants you to go to hell with him.

there is no fellowship between light and darkness. that dosent mean we can be entertained by a little darkness for entertainments sake.

there is a spiritual war going on.

I won't argue about a spiritual war....I believe that. However....if we go through life seeing every bit of make believe as something dangerous we'll all die paranoid schizophrenics. There has to be balance.....a normal mind can read a fast paced novel about an alleged marriage between Jesus and Mary Magdalene, enjoy the book, and yet come away thinking, as I did "what a nutty idea". It's just fiction and I doubt very much if Dan Brown is trying to change anyone's thoughts about the inerrancy of the Bible. Even kids know that Snow White and Cinderella are make believe; and I don't think such stories hurt their young minds. It's the same thing with books such as The Da Vinci Code. :noidea:

just because something has a fiction label dosent mean the seeds of corruption arent present. do not decieve yourself. Jesus said if you arent for me you are against me. are you defending something thats "fiction" but has a focus on biblcal/Godly topics that are labeled fiction? we literally live in two worlds at the same time, spirit and physical. as far as spirit your spirit is either dead in sin or alive in christ. if you curse the part you curse the whole. a little lie with a little biblical "talk" is cursed. the enemy dosent care if it is called fiction or not. if he can decieve someone and that individual die believeing a lie he has murdered that soul.

do you think he cares about a label of fiction or non fiction?

also you should reconize the difference between fictions. you spoke of snow white and cinderella. they do not portray the bible/God/Godly teachings in a false way? there is a difference.

i am glad you can see it as "make believe" as you say(your exact words) but please note the word believe is in there.

Edited by Godfearer

morning glory you wrote:

The Da Vinci Code is a fantastic novel and I loved it; it is, however, just a novel. It's fiction and is put forth as such. It's not an attempt by Dan Brown to influence religion or anything else. It's just fiction.

the davinci code is not all the enemy is doing with fiction. fiction means not real. a lie is not real also. harry potter "novels" and movies are just fiction. however they have some of the basic teachings of witchcraft contained in the just fiction novels. thats being put in childrens hands "to encourage them to learn" is what the author states.

to anyone who dosent see this for what it is wake up. the enemy wants to kill your soul and if he can put a happy educational or fiction face on it to get the deception in your hands or childrens hands he will. he wants you to go to hell with him.

there is no fellowship between light and darkness. that dosent mean we can be entertained by a little darkness for entertainments sake.

there is a spiritual war going on.

I won't argue about a spiritual war....I believe that. However....if we go through life seeing every bit of make believe as something dangerous we'll all die paranoid schizophrenics. There has to be balance.....a normal mind can read a fast paced novel about an alleged marriage between Jesus and Mary Magdalene, enjoy the book, and yet come away thinking, as I did "what a nutty idea". It's just fiction and I doubt very much if Dan Brown is trying to change anyone's thoughts about the inerrancy of the Bible. Even kids know that Snow White and Cinderella are make believe; and I don't think such stories hurt their young minds. It's the same thing with books such as The Da Vinci Code. :thumbsup:

just because something has a fiction label dosent mean the seeds of corruption arent present. do not decieve yourself. Jesus said if you arent for me you are against me. are you defending something thats "fiction" but has a focus on biblcal/Godly topics that are labeled fiction? we literally live in two worlds at the same time, spirit and physical. as far as spirit your spirit is either dead in sin or alive in christ. if you curse the part you curse the whole. a little lie with a little biblical "talk" is cursed. the enemy dosent care if it is called fiction or not. if he can decieve someone and that individual die believeing a lie he has murdered that soul.

do you think he cares about a label of fiction or non fiction?

also you should reconize the difference between fictions. you spoke of snow white and cinderella. they do not portray the bible/God/Godly teachings in a false way? there is a difference.

i am glad you can see it as "make believe" as you say(your exact words) but please note the word believe is in there.

I'm fully cognizant of the difference between types of fiction and between fiction and reality. I'm not 'defending' anything; I'm saying that Dan Brown's book is a work of fiction and that believers would not think it was a history book. If someone believes the story is real then they were probably deceived to begin with. You can't stop people from writing books nor can you dictate what they write about. You can make sure YOU are grounded in Scripture and you can tell people the book is just a story but, basically, that's all. :noidea:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,912
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Why do people even bother with such things as the Da Vinci code?

It's the biggest load of tosh that I have seen in a long time.

It's not even entertainment.

Why do people even bother with such things as the Da Vinci code?

It's the biggest load of tosh that I have seen in a long time.

It's not even entertainment.

Money. :noidea: