• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/13/1949

I am a believer, but am new so I have a question.

If God knows past, present, and future then He knew when He created Adam and Eve that they would sin? But reading Genesis, it doesn't seem so.

If He knew they would sin, and then why did He create them and then allow them to procreate?

Also, if God is omnipotent, then He knows who is going to choose to accept Jesus into their hearts and who will reject Him, how is this a choice and why does He continue to allow life to continue?

Sometimes, to me, it makes no sense that we have this choice to make, but in the end it doesn't matter since He already knows our decision.

I mean, how can He desire and long for us to come to Him, when He already knows who will and who wont.

Help?

The Bible says that God has the capasity to forget our sins and not to remember them any more.

The Bible also more than indecates that God doesnt know all things, Just like God can forget our sins, He has the capasity to chose not to know everything.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

If He knew they would sin, and then why did He create them and then allow them to procreate?

Since God is all-knowing and knew everything you would do and every sin you would commit, before He made the world, why did He allow you to be born? Why did He allow me to be born? I do not know. I just know that God knows best, He does things for His glory, and He loves me.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

If God knows past, present, and future then He knew when He created Adam and Eve that they would sin? But reading Genesis, it doesn't seem so.

Also, if God is omnipotent, then He knows who is going to choose to accept Jesus into their hearts and who will reject Him, how is this a choice and why does He continue to allow life to continue?

Sometimes, to me, it makes no sense that we have this choice to make, but in the end it doesn't matter since He already knows our decision.

I mean, how can He desire and long for us to come to Him, when He already knows who will and who wont.

Help?

The Bible says that God has the capasity to forget our sins and not to remember them any more.

The Bible also more than indecates that God doesnt know all things, Just like God can forget our sins, He has the capasity to chose not to know everything.

The Bible clearly teaches that nothing escapes the eye of the Lord and nothing is hide from His eye. He knew all before the world was even created. Open theism is a deadly doctrine.

it is a figure of speech, an anthropomorphism

where does the Bible more than indecates that God doesnt know all things?

A God that does not know all things could not know for sure if my accecpting his Son as my savior would get me to heaven

[1] You must know the scriptures to say, [it is a figure of speach, an anthripomorphism].

[2] It's amazing how many people, [inclueding you] dont know much about the Bible.

I could give quite a few scriptures that More then indicate the fact that God didn't [by choice] not know everything.

I could give you scriptures that says the same about Jesus.

BUT WHY DONT YOU READ THE BIBLE FOR YOUR SELF.

[3]There you go again, -Missquoting me, I Said, Choses not to know EVERYTHING.

Help?

The Bible clearly teaches that nothing escapes the eye of the Lord and nothing is hide from His eye. He knew all before the world was even created. Open theism is a deadly doctrine.

God does know things that He choses to know, If you read the Bible you'll see that God didn't know everything, you'll see that Jesus didn't know everything.

Where does it say, God knew everything before the world was created.

Since God is all-knowing and knew everything you would do and every sin you would commit, before He made the world, why did He allow you to be born? Why did He allow me to be born? I do not know. I just know that God knows best, He does things for His glory, and He loves me.

Where does it say that God knew we'd do before he created the world.

Guest Biblicist

Help?

God allows what He hates, to accomplish what He loves.

If Adam and Eve had not been created, not sinned, and humans were still "perfect" would we understand the magnitude of God's Grace and Mercy as well?

Guest shiloh357
You don't understand what it is referring to.

It is not referring to some type of absentmindedness, but is speakin in legal terms. He is referring to a Divine Pardon:

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

(Hebrews 8:10-12)

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

(Hebrews 10:14-17)

In the case of Divine Pardon "remembering their inquities no more" does not mean that God literally forgets, but that He is not laying those sins to their account. Because God is omniscient, it is not possible for God to "literally" forget anything.

The Bible also more than indecates that God doesnt know all things,
No, the Bible does not teach that.

Just like God can forget our sins, He has the capasity to chose not to know everything.
The Bible never claims that God has chosen not to know all things. You need to provide some Scripture, or else you need to give up this false teaching.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.84
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Sounds like you have it right; that you do know, smiles. :th_praying:

[1] You must know the scriptures to say, [it is a figure of speach, an anthripomorphism].

[2] It's amazing how many people, [inclueding you] dont know much about the Bible.

I could give quite a few scriptures that More then indicate the fact that God didn't [by choice] not know everything.

I could give you scriptures that says the same about Jesus.

BUT WHY DONT YOU READ THE BIBLE FOR YOUR SELF.

[3]There you go again, -Missquoting me, I Said, Choses not to know EVERYTHING.

I could give quite a few scriptures that More then indicate the fact that God didn't [by choice] not know everything

please do.

I said, "I could give you scripture", [Not I would], I also told you to read the Bible and find them for your self.