• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

God has not problem with us disagreeing or discussing issues. It is how we treat those with whom we disagree that is the issue

Sorry -- what you've written is not scriptural, but a lie. We are NOT free to disagree, but we are commanded to:

Eph 4:1 Then I, the prisoner in the Lord, exhort you to walk worthily of the calling in which you were called,

Eph 4:2 with all humility and meekness, with long-suffering, bearing with one another in love,

Eph 4:3 being eager to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Eph 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, even as you also were called in one hope of your calling;

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Eph 4:6 one God and Father of all, the One above all and through all and in you all.

Eph 4:11 And indeed He gave some to be apostles; and some prophets; and some evangelists; and some pastors and teachers;

Eph 4:12 with a view to the perfecting of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the building up of the body of Christ,

Eph 4:13 until we all may come to the unity of the faith and of the full knowledge of the Son of God, to a full-grown man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,

Eph 4:14 so that we may no longer be infants, being blown and carried about by every wind of doctrine, in the sleight of men, in craftiness to the deceit of error,

Eph 4:15 but speaking the truth in love, we may grow up into Him in all things, who is the Head, the Christ,

Eph 4:16 from whom all the body, having been fitted and compacted together through every assisting bond, according to the effectual working of one measure in each part, produces the growth of the body to the building up of itself in love.

This is in STARK constrast to Galatians 5 where Paul distinctly points to:

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are clearly revealed, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lustfulness,

Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, fightings, jealousies, angers, rivalries, divisions, heresies,

Gal 5:21 envyings, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and things like these; of which I tell you beforehand, as I also said before, that the ones practicing such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

We are not "free to disagree" ... we are freed from disagreement by the indwelling of the Spirit of God (as we are given measure), Christ IN us until we reach unity (growing in His Mind in us), having laid aside our own thinking for His. THE SOURCE of divisions among us are NOT coming from His Mind in us, but from our minds, which are controlled by and enslaved to the lusts of OUR flesh (you and I and others).

Either we BOTH have the Mind of Christ in matters, and therefore agreement and unity -OR-

One of us or BOTH of us HAVE NOT the Mind of Christ, but our own mind enslaved to our flesh - HENCE - disagreement, division, enmitiy, fighting, jealousy, anger, rivalries and heresies. Heresy is NOT born of His Mind, but of OURS (yours and mine).

We are NOT free to disagree. The fact that we disagree says someone or all have NOT His Mind but lust enslaved.

SO -- decide. Choose. Pick. Examine yourself. Examine me. Prove. Rebuke. Exhort. Encourage. Above all seek the Mind of Christ and the Spirit of God to follow after instead of our own. Each of us do these things while remaining meek (teachable), loving, kind, NOT rude, but firm and grounded in the Mind of Christ. Speak with boldness, but not with anger. Remain respectful and mindful of the choices of others and their own capacity to see or not (having His mind or no). Nevertheless, disagreements are not good, not of God and not in our best interest or well-being.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what you've written is not scriptural, but a lie.

SO -- decide. Choose. Pick. Examine yourself. Examine me. Prove. Rebuke. Exhort. Encourage. Above all seek the Mind of Christ and the Spirit of God to follow after instead of our own. Each of us do these things while remaining meek (teachable), loving, kind, NOT rude, but firm and grounded in the Mind of Christ. Speak with boldness, but not with anger. Remain respectfuland mindful of the choices of others and their own capacity to see or not (having His mind or no). Nevertheless, disagreements are not good, not of God and not in our best interest or well-being.

You just called EricH a liar. It was not only rude, but lacked the respect that you called for.

We are NOT free to disagree. The fact that we disagree says someone or all have NOT His Mind but lust enslaved.

You say we are not free to disagree, yet you disagree with his statement. :noidea:

what you've written is not scriptural, but a lie.

SO -- decide. Choose. Pick. Examine yourself. Examine me. Prove. Rebuke. Exhort. Encourage. Above all seek the Mind of Christ and the Spirit of God to follow after instead of our own. Each of us do these things while remaining meek (teachable), loving, kind, NOT rude, but firm and grounded in the Mind of Christ. Speak with boldness, but not with anger. Remain respectfuland mindful of the choices of others and their own capacity to see or not (having His mind or no). Nevertheless, disagreements are not good, not of God and not in our best interest or well-being.

You just called EricH a liar. It was not only rude, but lacked the respect that you called for.

You say we are not free to disagree, yet you disagree with his statement. :thumbsup:

Joh 8:55 And you have not known Him; but I know Him, And if I say that I do not know Him, I shall be like you, a liar. But I know Him, and I keep His Word.

Jesus called the Jews liars. By the standard you just applied, Jesus was being "rude". Calling a lie for what it is, is not being rude. It's being truthful.

You are pointing that the wrong part of the statement. The fruit of our liberty walking in the Spirit and Mind of Christ brings us towards unity because there is NO disagreement in the Spirit of God. You accuse me of something I've already admitted to: that when there is disagreement, there is no unity. Only ONE of several conditions exist:

1. Either BOTH are NOT in the Mind of Christ --> yielding disagreement.

2. One of the two is NOT in the Mind of Christ --> yielding disagreement.

3. BOTH are in the Mind of Christ --> yielding UNITY and agreement.

Thus, in this case one of these conditions apply. If you think anything I wrote was NOT the Mind of Christ, then point out what Jesus or the Father thinks of the matter and back it up with scripture. In pointing at the Mind of God, the Spirit of God and what God thinks on the matter, THEN we'll agree.

No -- we are NOT free to "agree to disagree": We are (rather) commanded to strive toward the unity of the Spirit. That is the God ordained and commanded goal and target. We are not free to disagree IF so we are walking in and towards the Spirit of God.

...and here is a perfect example of why these discussions degenerate into scripture-slinging and name-calling. A difference of opinion is not heresy and is no grounds for being rude. I DISAGREE WITH YOU!!!....So there. :thumbsup::noidea::thumbsup::rolleyes:

1. Where did I call you a "name"? Point it out in what I wrote?

2. Where was I being "rude"? Point it out in what I wrote?

If I wrote something that is NOT the Mind of Christ, the Mind of the Spirit of God, point it out?

We are not free to disagree IF so we are walking in and towards the Spirit of God.

If we are not free to disagree, why do you disagree with what's being said in this thread?

You're going against your own words.

:24: Ok, can we just all retreat to our corners and be nice- pleasee :th_praying:

:emot-heartbeat:

There are 2 really good examples in this thread that shows how easily a topic can get sidelined.

One is a simple misinterpretation of what was posted. :emot-heartbeat:

The other is a "I'm right and your wrong" state of mind. :th_praying:

( I find it odd that I'm involved in both of them ) :emot-hug::24:

Anyway.....just thought I'd point that out...........not about me.........the things before that.

I'm going to my corner now. :o

Guest ~zoe-girl~
:24: Ok, can we just all retreat to our corners and be nice- pleasee :th_praying:

:emot-heartbeat:

There are 2 really good examples in this thread that shows how easily a topic can get sidelined.

One is a simple misinterpretation of what was posted. :emot-heartbeat:

The other is a "I'm right and your wrong" state of mind. :24:

( I find it odd that I'm involved in both of them ) :emot-hug::o

Anyway.....just thought I'd point that out...........not about me.........the things before that.

I'm going to my corner now. :emot-hug:

You are such a sweetie- :th_praying:

:emot-hug: Ok, can we just all retreat to our corners and be nice- pleasee :o

:)

One is a simple misinterpretation of what was posted. :laugh:

The other is a "I'm right and your wrong" state of mind. :emot-hug:

( I find it odd that I'm involved in both of them ) :24::taped:

I'm going to my corner now. :047:

You are such a sweetie- :emot-hug:

I'm saving this......I don't hear that very often.

:emot-hug:

Thanks.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

:emot-hug: Ok, can we just all retreat to our corners and be nice- pleasee :o

:)

One is a simple misinterpretation of what was posted. :laugh:

The other is a "I'm right and your wrong" state of mind. :emot-hug:

( I find it odd that I'm involved in both of them ) :24::047:

I'm going to my corner now. :24:

You are such a sweetie- :emot-hug:

I'm saving this......I don't hear that very often.

:taped:

Thanks.

:emot-hug: