IGNORED

Time to take a trip, anywhere in North America! (..almost)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,389
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Beautiful pictures Sam! :emot-hug: Where is Broken Bow Lake?

It's in the very south east corner of Oklahoma. It's about 20 miles west of Arkansas and about 30 miles north of texas

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Why don't you try exploring Northern Ontario? There's lots of nature, lots of reminders of God's great creation that you'll never see in NYC. The city is the last place I'd go on vacation. Temagami is a wonderful little community with a quiet motel by the water...there are also many places you can rent cabins along the highway. If you want REAL seclusion I can lend you my canoe and you can take a canoe trip down the lake from me...there are alot of little islands you can camp on along the way...we're about 4 hours north of you...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from General Discussion to Looking for Advise

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

We've gone to Quebec City twice, and are going again next month. We've thoroughly enjoyed it, perhaps for me at least because I love history, and it's a city steeped in it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Lots of great suggestions here. Colorado was another place that I was looking at too but I think I might be bored all by myself. Same with upper Canada, no guide nor friends to trek God's beautiful creation.. I dont know. I really did think about going to those places all by myself and though to myself "I could really just spend time with God on the mountains" but its like I was kidding myself. I dont even spend as much time as I used to with him here in the city.

Driving around is awesome I would love to do that but GAS is $$$$$!! Need I say more? Also, I've been to South Dakota already and see all those places.

Right now I'm just looking to get baked by the sun.. Florida sounds nice but what is there to do? I'll be by myself.. I'm a city boy so I'd love to stay away from the city but not somewhere too remote.. B&B sounds good too.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  887
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

originally I was planning to go to NYC but what would ya'll do?

One of my coworkers and her husband take vacations by jumping in their car and just going wherever the road takes them and just stopping at whatever strikes their fancy.

That's my dream, I've always wanted to do that!

Of course, I can never afford it but oh well...

Lots of great suggestions here. Colorado was another place that I was looking at too but I think I might be bored all by myself. Same with upper Canada, no guide nor friends to trek God's beautiful creation.. I dont know. I really did think about going to those places all by myself and though to myself "I could really just spend time with God on the mountains" but its like I was kidding myself. I dont even spend as much time as I used to with him here in the city.

Driving around is awesome I would love to do that but GAS is $$$$$!! Need I say more? Also, I've been to South Dakota already and see all those places.

Right now I'm just looking to get baked by the sun.. Florida sounds nice but what is there to do? I'll be by myself.. I'm a city boy so I'd love to stay away from the city but not somewhere too remote.. B&B sounds good too.

Gas is going down a bit here. We spent two weeks driving (to/around/from Yellowstone) in a Dodge Carivan and fuel cost about $800.00 for the whole trip this year. We don't stay in fancy hotels/motels, but less expensive ones in the AAA book are about a hundred dollars a day. If they are not AAA approved we just drive on. Food isn't much more than what we eat anyway. ...... and you won't get baked by the son in Wyoming

We have to save up for most of these trips...... it's a shame we couldn't afford them when the kids were still at home, but I'm sure those with kids at home understand that.

Guest ~zoe-girl~
What would you do there Zoe gal :noidea: I missed you buddy!

I would find a person or amap of all the interesting ' have to see' places and of course see a Broadway play or musical- miss you too~

originally I was planning to go to NYC but what would ya'll do?

One of my coworkers and her husband take vacations by jumping in their car and just going wherever the road takes them and just stopping at whatever strikes their fancy.

That's my dream, I've always wanted to do that!

Of course, I can never afford it but oh well...

Red, we plan one place to visit when we take vacations and do the "just go wherever" when we are through with that. We get up each morning and decide "where to". Sometimes we just see a road and take off on it. This last trip we were getting back to Yellowstone from a side drive up to Enis Montana and ended up taking a National Forest road that parts of was just a couple of cow trails. We drove a bit over thirty miles up on to a mountain top and ended up being one of the prettiest places we experienced. A little exciting too for the roads are not very good and it started raining then snowing and we just barely managed to get down the mountain without getting stuck..... phones don't work in places like that so with no one knowing where we were, it would have been interesting to see how long it would take us to get out....... unless a hungry bear came by and munched on us for a few days.

Keep in mind that you're still a pretty young lady. When I was your age I couldn't even afford to eat out half the time much less go anywhere. Most of our lives has been tight on money. With Diana having M.S. we use moneys that most of you would be putting back for retirement to enjoy these things today, while she can still walk and get around and enjoy it. It's a miracle from God that she can still walk and work, but it's unlikely that it will continue unless Jesus decides to heal her..... and so far He has said "no" to completely healing her. When we get to retirement age, we'll most likely have to stay home and just remember these days and worry about heating bills and food.....